If you were Brady which team would you pick?

dll2000

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

The question though is which team would Brady choose not if a team would choose Brady

FWIW, we have a guy in our forum with a source batting 1.000% since 2017 and he's saying the interest is mutual

The source should continue playing baseball. That's a really good average and I think he could have a future 😉

• Like 2

If I am TB12 and I do not choose to stay or retire, then I have relationships with people that influence my choice.

I am buddies with Vrabel and am pretty confident in Jon Robinson the GM from his recent track record as well as history on the Patriots. I like my left tackle because he is a fellow Michigan alumni and a captain of the team.

The Niners appeal to me also because I grew up a fan and it would fulfill a childhood fantasy in some respect. I like the roster construction and feel like I am the best player who would help last seasons team get over the hump. There is also incentive to finish my career with the Niners potentially having as many titles as the Patriots and maybe even winning back to back Super Bowls. Might get the chance to be teammates with my buddy Jimmy again if he doesn't get traded.

Lastly, I will consider the Colts because they can pay me the most money in a single season of my entire career by nearly ten million and still have the cap to sign or trade for lots of other talented guys. The offensive line is really talented and the coaching staff has a lot of my respect, but most importantly, I wouldn't be that far away from Minnesota where I spent almost every beloved summer with my mom's side of the family on their land. At this stage in my career, it would be an honor to play close to relatives, inside a beautiful dome where I always perform well, in front of loyal fans who lost Peyton and then Andrew in a relatively short period of time. Speaking of Peyton, imagine if I win as many Super Bowls in two seasons as he had in his entire career there? Bragging rights. B|

But I'm going to stay with the best coach in the NFL, and Jules, Josh, and the guys in the place where I've called home for the last twenty years of my life, cementing my legacy as a lifer with one team. I love and respect Mr. Kraft, the fans, and the tradition we've built up in New England. I didn't buy that house in Greenwich for nothing ya know. No way is my last pass in a Patriots uniform a pick-six in a first round playoff exit. Especially with the expectations we had for ourselves during last season at times. Gisele and the kids love it in New England and I'll be closer to my son in New York. We are going for our seventh Super Bowl baby.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If I am TB12 and I do not choose to stay or retire, then I have relationships with people that influence my choice.

I am buddies with Vrabel and am pretty confident in Jon Robinson the GM from his recent track record as well as history on the Patriots. I like my left tackle because he is a fellow Michigan alumni and a captain of the team.

The Niners appeal to me also because I grew up a fan and it would fulfill a childhood fantasy in some respect. I like the roster construction and feel like I am the best player who would help last seasons team get over the hump. There is also incentive to finish my career with the Niners potentially having as many titles as the Patriots and maybe even winning back to back Super Bowls. Might get the chance to be teammates with my buddy Jimmy again if he doesn't get traded.

Lastly, I will consider the Colts because they can pay me the most money in a single season of my entire career by nearly ten million and still have the cap to sign or trade for lots of other talented guys. The offensive line is really talented and the coaching staff has a lot of my respect, but most importantly, I wouldn't be that far away from Minnesota where I spent almost every beloved summer with my mom's side of the family on their land. At this stage in my career, it would be an honor to play close to relatives, inside a beautiful dome where I always perform well, in front of loyal fans who lost Peyton and then Andrew in a relatively short period of time. Speaking of Peyton, imagine if I win as many Super Bowls in two seasons as he had in his entire career there? Bragging rights. B|

But I'm going to stay with the best coach in the NFL, and Jules, Josh, and the guys in the place where I've called home for the last twenty years of my life, cementing my legacy as lifer with one team. I love and respect Mr. Kraft, the fans, and the tradition we've built up in New England. I didn't buy that house in Greenwich for nothing ya know. No way is my last pass in a Patriots uniform a pick-six in a first round playoff exit. Especially with the exceptions we had for ourselves during last season at times. Gisele and the kids love it in New England and I'll be closer to my son in New York. We are going for our seventh Super Bowl baby.

/thread

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t forget the kids all getting into football. Plus all the L.A. fans that will make the trip which is a 3 1/2 hour drive or small plane ride. Los Angeles is absolutely still dominated by the Raider Fan Base. Like 65% Raider Fans, 30% Ram Fans, and 5% Charger fans (not including the small % of Pat/Steeler/Packer/etc fans). 

Raiders to Vegas is dumb. I will say it repeatedly. Raiders to Vegas is dumb. Raiders to Vegas is dumb.

NFL is so stupid. Should have sent the Chargers or Panthers or Jaguars if they weren't already moving to London. ^_^

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Raiders to Vegas is dumb. I will say it repeatedly. Raiders to Vegas is dumb. Raiders to Vegas is dumb.

NFL is so stupid. Should have sent the Chargers or Panthers or Jaguars if they weren't already moving to London. ^_^

I agree they should of let the Raiders go to L.A. where they dominate the market. However, NFL purposely blocked the Raiders because they didn’t want to affect the Rams market and are trying to phase-out Raider fans. Chargers should of went to Vegas.  

It is what it is though. This is on the NFL. Raiders in Vegas should be fun to be honest. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

trying to phase-out Raider fans

That would be what I expect from Goodell's NFL. The Raiders fandom is one of the truly, (or was), authentic and one of a kind experiences in the world.

Now it's set to become a commodity that fizzles out into nothing as the diehards grow old and die.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t forget the kids all getting into football. Plus all the L.A. fans that will make the trip which is a 3 1/2 hour drive or small plane ride. Los Angeles is absolutely still dominated by the Raider Fan Base. Like 65% Raider Fans, 30% Ram Fans, and 5% Charger fans (not including the small % of Pat/Steeler/Packer/etc fans). 

It's closer to 45-50% Raiders fans, a number of which - let's be real - are fair weather fans the same way that a number of them were Kings fans in the Gretzky/Hrudy era because it was fashionable (and had been adopted by local popular culture).  There are absolute diehard Raiders fans in LA, but the non diehard ones who aren't Bay Area transplants may well jump to become Niners fans (especially if the Niners stay - which there's good reason to believe they will - highly successful - ain't nothing like a good bandwagon to attract a lot of LA fans, especially while both college football programs are miring in mediocrity).

Also, LA to Vegas is closer to a 4 hour drive... and that's during non-peak traffic periods in the middle of the week.  On weekends?  Fat chance.  It'll take you 2 1/2 hours minimum to get from anywhere in LA county just to Barstow on a Friday or Saturday.  And if there's an increased reason to commute out there (say a football game), there's going to be increased traffic; try driving out there for Frozen Fury when they used to hold it in Vegas (prior to the Knights being founded there), it was a damn nightmare.

But more specifically to the topic of the thread... where would I pick to go if I was Brady?  Indy, hands down.  I'm truly surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

• Like 1

Titans all the way

• Vrabel is the coach
  • King Henry, AJ Brown, and Jonnu Smith are a great combo of weapons.
  • Outside shot a healthy Delanie Walker could give him a 1-2 punch at TE.  Firsker is not terrible either.
  • Add another WR to Humphries and Davis and Brady is surrounded by decent skill players.

I see the Titans as his only real shot at a Super Bowl (this includes the Patriots)

The division is a mess including the Texans (they are a product of their buffoon coach)

• Jax, Houston, and Indy were all bottom 12 in passer rating D last year and Houston is only getting worse.
  • 2nd place schedule means no Chiefs or Patriots this year while the Texans play both.

If he wins a ring without Belichick and brings the first one to the Titans/Oilers franchise then his legend only grows.

If he wins a playoff game or two then he is old Montana.

He should do it for 20-25 million a year for 2 years so they can add some players as well.

His legacy should be worth more than taking an extra 10-20 million and losing in round 1 a couple of times.

He might prefer to go to Vegas or LA for his brand, but he won't have a chance to win in either spot.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

Titans definitely make the most sense given the info available to us. Vrabel, A.J. Brown, Humphries, and Henry are a great core of reasons. Coach he's friendly with and comfortable with, appropriate and effective weapons. Rest of the roster is at least solid.

It is always possible other factors are at play in terms of actual location, reputation, legacy, etc., but just from a football perspective, from what we know, it's definitely Tennessee.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:
5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's closer to 45-50% Raiders fans, a number of which - let's be real - are fair weather fans the same way that a number of them were Kings fans in the Gretzky/Hrudy era because it was fashionable (and had been adopted by local popular culture).  There are absolute diehard Raiders fans in LA, but the non diehard ones who aren't Bay Area transplants may well jump to become Niners fans (especially if the Niners stay - which there's good reason to believe they will - highly successful - ain't nothing like a good bandwagon to attract a lot of LA fans, especially while both college football programs are miring in mediocrity).

Also, LA to Vegas is closer to a 4 hour drive... and that's during non-peak traffic periods in the middle of the week.  On weekends?  Fat chance.  It'll take you 2 1/2 hours minimum to get from anywhere in LA county just to Barstow on a Friday or Saturday.  And if there's an increased reason to commute out there (say a football game), there's going to be increased traffic; try driving out there for Frozen Fury when they used to hold it in Vegas (prior to the Knights being founded there), it was a damn nightmare.

But more specifically to the topic of the thread... where would I pick to go if I was Brady?  Indy, hands down.  I'm truly surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

lol - yall are both tripping. LA is 45% Cowboys fans, 30% Raiders, 20% Rams, 5% other/chargers

As for the question at hand: 

Titans make no sense, Tanny is younger, will be cheaper and projects to be better for the next several years

Raiders make no sense, Carr is younger, cheaper and is not dramatically different than 43 year old Brady

Bucs kinda make sense from a talent on offense, but not at all schematically. Brady will never be the chuck it and (blank) it that Arians promotes. 

Colts and Chargers make sense in that they are average+ QB play away from being very competitive. 

If I am Brady, I am going Chargers. 

Edited by Matts4313