2010s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Snowpiercer 

infinity war

inception

Thank you!  Snowpiercer will not win this thing, but it is a damn sweet movie and is easily top 5 in this 10 year span no question about it.  

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Except they are sci fi.

Time travel

Mobile suits

nano technology

teleportation

little rocks that control the universe

Throw in any kind of narrative and this is a sci fi movie.

You could argue all super hero movies are sci fi.

Maybe, but most Super hero movies are current or present day, not like Mad Max which is in the future or is supposed to be,  Sci-Fi is usually in the future and that is pretty key I feel.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Thank you!  Snowpiercer will not win this thing, but it is a damn sweet movie and is easily top 5 in this 10 year span no question about it.  

Maybe, but most Super hero movies are current or present day, not like Mad Max which is in the future or is supposed to be,  Sci-Fi is usually in the future and that is pretty key I feel.  

There is a chance 

Just now, Ozzy said:

Science Fiction can take place in the future. But only because the author feels more freedom in writing in the future to do what they want. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Science Fiction can take place in the future. But only because the author feels more freedom in writing in the future to do what they want. 

True but every good solid Sci-Fi movie I have seen are all based in the future.  Only one in slight question is 'Morgan' and even that to me was based a little bit in the future based on the subject matter and what was used in the film and what the surroundings were.  Sure could be just an issue of how one categorizes them though sure.  

Also would like to add Looper that movie is pretty sweet Sci Fi film in this time span.

9 minutes ago, The Orca said:

There is a chance 

I would never in my life vote for it over Mad Max: Fury Road but it is second place for this time period no question.  

And thank goodness no new Star Wars films were nominated so far, damn right on that one!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Noms @Deadpulse

Guardians of the Galaxy 
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Star Trek 1
Star Trek 2
Star Trek 3
Rogue One
Prometheus 
Snowpiercer 
Black Panther
Ready Player One 
Ad Astra
The Martian
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
War  for the Planet of the Apes
Interstellar 
The Worlds End 
Edge of Tomorrow 
Mad Max Fury Road
Valerian
Maze Runner 
Maze Runner Scorth Trials 
Maze Runner Death Cure
John Carter 

@Deadpulse

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

These were supposed to be on that list as well, they must have not copied over.

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

@Deadpulse

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

These were supposed to be on that list as well, they must have not copied over.

I would put those into Action/adventure or Thriller but is hard to say, could even say Fantasy also.  Especially with the one and only original Jurassic Park, hard to categorize that but I would lean more to action or thriller than Science Fiction but is a hard call.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I would put those into Action/adventure or Thriller but is hard to say, could even say Fantasy also.  Especially with the one and only original Jurassic Park, hard to categorize that but I would lean more to action or thriller than Science Fiction but is a hard call.  

Glad I'm not making it lol.  A lot of movies can really fall into multiple categories 

Glad I'm not making it lol.  A lot of movies can really fall into multiple categories 

But the JP series really is the definition of Science Fiction.

It's whole premise is based on fictional science which at its core is science fiction 

Very true, but best thing is if they do not make it in the final one can nominate them to a different category.  I feel Jaws will get that happening to it, did not get into horror but a thriller it could go far.

Not sure people would nominate Jurassic Park for Sci Fi but will see, PS the original absolutely dominates everything else Jurassic World/Park related.  Which is the best one is not even a question.  

*Edge of Tomorrow wasn't the best, but it was among my favorites of the decade so I'll nominate it.
*A Quiet Place just for the lols. 
*Arrival
*Inception
*Looper
*Coherence just so more people watch that.  Especially @Malfatron.
*Source Code

Edited hopefully before Deadpulse saw The Martian.  I don't know why in the hell I nominated that.  It's the type of movie where I can watch it anytime somehow, but it's not best of decade material. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1