Week 3 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) vs. Baltimore Ravens (2-0) LONDON EDITION

.Buzz

98662-640x360-baltimorejacksonville640.j

After this past week, it's clear that there is zero chance we win with multiple turnovers and a large number of penalties (as most would expect). With how stout this Ravens defense has been and the large amount of turnovers they have forced in the early going, it's going to be a very difficult game. London is a different animal and thus far it's been more good than bad over there but with the offense sputtering as much as it has it's going to take a miracle to win this one.

With the Nassib signing you have to imagine this is going to be one of the last couple weeks Blake may have to start for this team. All signs point to Henne coming in at some point to eliminate the risk of him getting hurt causing us to be stuck with him for $19M next year. No reason not to make the switch after the atrocious showing this past week.

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

With the Nassib signing you have to imagine this is going to be one of the last couple weeks Blake may have to start for this team. All signs point to Henne coming in at some point to eliminate the risk of him getting hurt causing us to be stuck with him for $19M next year. No reason not to make the switch after the atrocious showing this past week.

Why would the Nassib signing affect that? If anything get a vet

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why would the Nassib signing affect that? If anything get a vet

How wouldn't it affect it? Signing Nassib gives us a 3rd QB on the roster which in turn makes it ok to switch to Henne and barring injury we would then have someone backing him up. We were going to get a 3rd QB prior to benching Bortles and we just did.

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Maybe Blake's last game as starting QB of the Jags.

If he plays like last week and we have another brutal showing I think it just might be.

No sense in risking that 5th yr option if he isn't helping us what so ever.

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How wouldn't it affect it? Signing Nassib gives us a 3rd QB on the roster which in turn makes it ok to switch to Henne and barring injury we would then have someone backing him up. We were going to get a 3rd QB prior to benching Bortles and we just did.

I just think you might as well get a vet who has some experience. Heck get Kaep

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just think you might as well get a vet who has some experience. Heck get Kaep

technically Nassib has Experience.  he doesnt have Much Game Experience but if they are wanting a Clipboard kid they got 1.  u also have Ties to Marrone as he was at syracuse and Coughlin with the giants. 

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

technically Nassib has Experience.  he doesnt have Much Game Experience but if they are wanting a Clipboard kid they got 1.  u also have Ties to Marrone as he was at syracuse and Coughlin with the giants. 

This.

Getting Kaep is obviously the best route to go. But it's obvious the NFL has basically moved on from the guy, at least for now. As annoying as it is for us fans it's obvious it just isn't in the cards when we're midway through September and he still isn't signed and teams are signing backups that are clearly worse than Kaep.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This.

Getting Kaep is obviously the best route to go. But it's obvious the NFL has basically moved on from the guy, at least for now. As annoying as it is for us fans it's obvious it just isn't in the cards when we're midway through September and he still isn't signed and teams are signing backups that are clearly worse than Kaep.

i heard kaps GF kept him from that ravens job, 

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This.

I think the idea of nobody signing Kaepernick as a backup is reasonable enough.  He's not really what most teams want in a backup.  It's a big distraction to bring him in, and you really have to tailor an offense to his strengths if you want any success (not the low maintenance clipboard holder with continuity of systems that teams generally want in a backup).  Kaep is basically a really poor backup, and a proven bottom-of-the-barrel starter.

As a backup: Henne > Kaepernick.

As a desperation starter?  Kaepernick > Henne.

But for a team that has no viable starter and clearly needs to make something remotely positive happen this season...there's not much to lose.  We're really the first team to get there.  Yay us.  At least, if this Nassib signing really is what it looks like.  The first step in bubble wrapping Bortles and sticking him on the shelf for the rest of the year to avoid paying out that option.  Just do it already.

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I think the idea of nobody signing Kaepernick as a backup is reasonable enough.  He's not really what most teams want in a backup.  It's a big distraction to bring him in, and you really have to tailor an offense to his strengths if you want any success (not the low maintenance clipboard holder with continuity of systems that teams generally want in a backup).  Kaep is basically a really poor backup, and a proven bottom-of-the-barrel starter.

As a backup: Henne > Kaepernick.

As a desperation starter?  Kaepernick > Henne.

But for a team that has no viable starter and clearly needs to make something remotely positive happen this season...there's not much to lose.  We're really the first team to get there.  Yay us.  At least, if this Nassib signing really is what it looks like.  The first step in bubble wrapping Bortles and sticking him on the shelf for the rest of the year to avoid paying out that option.  Just do it already.

I agree as a backup that Henne is better. But we don't have a legit starting QB is my problem with not signing him. But I'm done even caring as it's obvious that he just isn't an option.

with the latest losses to injury (Yanda, B. Williams) both our lines are weakened significantly.

thus, i should expect the Jags to run, run and run some more... how did Fournette look thus far? how did your dline do this week, our oline should be better then the Texans but significantly weaker then the Titans, can't see our running game going anywhere. i see 2 ints for Ramsey and 4 sacks min.

here's to no more injuries... longshot i know

as i'll be attending the game i'll say 16-13 Ravens.

26 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

with the latest losses to injury (Yanda, B. Williams) both our lines are weakened significantly.

thus, i should expect the Jags to run, run and run some more... how did Fournette look thus far? how did your dline do this week, our oline should be better then the Texans but significantly weaker then the Titans, can't see our running game going anywhere. i see 2 ints for Ramsey and 4 sacks min.

here's to no more injuries... longshot i know

as i'll be attending the game i'll say 16-13 Ravens.

fournette has looked good. seems able to create something out of nothing.  dline seemingly did poor in terms of pass rush this past game.  I think ramsey wont have an INT as teams like avoiding him.  the dumber thing with our staff is we seemingly run Ivory a little less then Fournette when its clear fournette is better then him in all 3 things(Running, catching, blocking(havent seen him block much but Ivory was beyond putrid). 

Archived