Who do we take at 33?

SmittyBacall

At the moment, I imagine the first round looking something like this. Looking at who's left, there's a really solid group of 7 names I like: Gladney, Winfield Jr., Blacklock, Gallimore, Higgins, Mims, Aiyuk. Ideally we trade back 6 or so spots, but if we can't who do you take?

1. BENGALS - Joe Burrow [ LSU - QB]

2. REDSKINS - Chase Young [OSU - EDGE]

3. DOLPHINS (via LIONS) - Tua Tagovailoa [Alabama - QB]

4. GIANTS - Isaiah Simmons [Clemson - LB]

5. LIONS (via DOLPHINS) - Jeffrey Okudah [OSU - CB]

6. CHARGERS - Justin Herbert [Oregon - QB]

7. PANTHERS - Derrick Brown [Auburn - DT]

8. CARDINALS - Tristan Wirfs [Iowa - OT]

9. JAGUARS - Javon Kinlaw [South Carolina - DT]

10. BROWNS - Andrew Thomas [Georgia - OT]

11. JETS - Mecki Becton [Louisville - OT]

12. RAIDERS - Ceedee Lamb [Oklahoma - WR]

13. COLTS - Jordan Love [Utah State - QB]

14. EAGLES (via BUCCANEERS ) - Henry Ruggs III [Alabama - WR]

15. BRONCOS - Jerry Jeudy [Alabama - WR]

16. FALCONS - K'Lavon Chiasson [LSU - EDGE]

17. COWBOYS - CJ Henderson [Florida - CB]

18. DOLPHINS - Jedrick Wills [Alabama - OT]

19. RAIDERS - Patrick Queen [LSU - OLB]

20. JAGUARS - Yetur Gross-Matos [Penn State - EDGE]

21. BUCCANEERS (via EAGLES) - AJ Epenesa [Iowa - DL]

22. BILLS - Jonathan Taylor [Wisconsin - RB]

23. PATRIOTS - Xavier McKinney [Alabama - S]

24. SAINTS - Justin Jefferson [LSU - WR]

25. VIKINGS - Kristian Fulton [LSU - CB] 

26. LIONS [via DOLPHINS] - Zack Baun [Wisconsin - LB]

27. SEAHAWKS - Josh Jones [Houston - OT]

28. RAVENS - Kenneth Murray [Oklahoma - LB]

29. TITANS - Austin Jackson [USC - OT]

30. PACKERS - Jalen Reagor [TCU - WR]

31. NINERS - Laviska Shenault Jr. [Colorado - WR]

32. CHIEFS - Lloyd Cushenberry [LSU - IOL]

33. BENGALS - ?

Hopefully we add a LB, OL, and DL in FA

I think if we draft a receiver this high it’s for the future for sure, but that guy won’t be playing a ton of snaps unless there’s an injury. 

I think Gladney is the pick. I don’t see Dennard resigning

12 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Mims, Higgins or Gladney.  Depending on free agency and whether Dre is still here.

That’s where I lean as well. Gun to my head - Higgins or Mims.

Unless this team shows something positive and he can stay healthy for 16 games, I don’t think we resign Green after playing on the tag this year. Ross won’t see a second contract here, and Boyd - who’s awesome - and Tate - also awesome - are more suited for a complementary roles. We need to groom an alpha dog.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Unless this team shows something positive and he can stay healthy for 16 games, I don’t think we resign Green after playing on the tag this year. Ross won’t see a second contract here, and Boyd - who’s awesome - and Tate - also awesome - are more suited for a complementary roles. We need to groom an alpha dog.

If they can't come to terms with Green this offseason, he's certainly gone next year.

I still think they get something done.  I'll guess it happens on July 13th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theJ said:

If they can't come to terms with Green this offseason, he's certainly gone next year.

I still think they get something done.  I'll guess it happens on July 13th.

Why?  I know we have never extended anyone after the tagged year, but he said he wanted to retire a Bengal.  If they need to see him play a few games, I fail to see  a reason why he couldn't be extended after the season starts

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Why?  I know we have never extended anyone after the tagged year, but he said he wanted to retire a Bengal.  If they need to see him play a few games, I fail to see  a reason why he couldn't be extended after the season starts

It's possible, I just wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, at the end of the day Green wants to retire and Bengal, and the Bengals want Green to retire a Bengal, yet an agreement can't be reached?  I get the CBA negotiations are hampering the negotiation process, but the numbers must be pretty far off to be unable to come to an agreement. If I know my Bengals, the guaranteed money isn't where it needs to be. And for good reason, AJ hasn't been able to stay healthy for years. 

If we take a receiver at 33 - which as of now looks pretty likely given how the board is shaping up - I think that seals it for AJ in stripes after 2020.

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It's possible, I just wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, at the end of the day Green wants to retire and Bengal, and the Bengals want Green to retire a Bengal, yet an agreement can't be reached?  I get the CBA negotiations are hampering the negotiation process, but the numbers must be pretty far off to be unable to come to an agreement. If I know my Bengals, the guaranteed money isn't where it needs to be. And for good reason, AJ hasn't been able to stay healthy for years. 

If we take a receiver at 33 - which as of now looks pretty likely given how the board is shaping up - I think that seals it for AJ in stripes after 2020.

Then trade him now.  If Indy wants Dalton, package them both for the Colts 2 second rounders, and throw in our fourth

Just now, sparky151 said:

It's an easy pick and not a terrible one but there may well be better choices. CB, LB, and OT are also needs for us. 

Josh Jones and Ken Murray are also there. There’s actually one more pick before 33 so in case Jefferson does go, who’d you take between those two? CB has been ravaged. 

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

It so rarely happens, so it feels pretty unfathomable. Why would a guy who played a whole year on the tag sign a deal right before FA starts? 

Only way I can see it happening is if AJ get hurt again and isn't healthy for FA. Maybe then the Bengals are the only team willing to pay. Otherwise I can't see it happening. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Josh Jones and Ken Murray are also there. There’s actually one more pick before 33 so in case Jefferson does go, who’d you take between those two? CB has been ravaged. 

Murray is the bigger need. 
Jefferson is the better player

tough call

• Like 1