Who do we take at 33?

SmittyBacall

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

Murray is the bigger need. 
Jefferson is the better player

tough call

Take the better player. Drafting for need got the Bengals in this mess. Looking at you Billy Price. 

• Like 1

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

Murray is the bigger need. 
Jefferson is the better player

tough call

Ya I wouldn’t even be considering WR for you guys if it weren’t for the LSU connection and the value at that spot. I kinda like the idea of getting the QB for the defence at 33. This WR class is deep as hell as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theJ said:

Take the better player. Drafting for need got the Bengals in this mess. Looking at you Billy Price. 

I was screaming take LJ8 with that Price pick. Don’t know if Jackson reaches MVP level with us. But he was such a rare talent. Blows my mind 31 teams passed on him. 

6 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

I was screaming take LJ8 with that Price pick. Don’t know if Jackson reaches MVP level with us. But he was such a rare talent. Blows my mind 31 teams passed on him. 

Certainly not with Marvin Lewis.  He would have never adapted the scheme around him like Baltimore has.

But yeah, that's a good example of why you should keep your mind open to all positions, and not rule them out because you already have a starter there.  QB is sort of the exception, but at the time the calls for Andy to be replaced had started, so there was reason make the pick.

Honestly,  the biggest question about Lamar is still in play.  The shelf life of QBs relying on supreme athleticism is pretty short.  Now at the level he has played,  they might get a super bowl or two before it's a concern, so who cares if his prime is short.  He's also got a very strong arm, so his transition to pocket passer may not be so bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Certainly not with Marvin Lewis.  He would have never adapted the scheme around him like Baltimore has.

But yeah, that's a good example of why you should keep your mind open to all positions, and not rule them out because you already have a starter there.  QB is sort of the exception, but at the time the calls for Andy to be replaced had started, so there was reason make the pick.

Honestly, any coach that doesn't adapt their scheme to the personnel that they have, the NFL has passed them by.  It's not that they can't ever have success, but with how right things have to go, it'll never be consistent.  Belichek is the ultimate adapter.  That offense and defense has morphed constantly over the last 15 years.

• Like 2

Jefferson ended up getting traded up for at 32 lol so I ended up taking Josh Jones. At the end of the day, he was the highest guy on my board, and I just think there's a reason so many teams go OL in round 2 after taking a QB #1 overall. The dude was absolutely dominant at the Senior Bowl and during the year, and it's sometimes easy to forget that right after the combine. I like Murray, but he isn't a true ILB IMO. Jones position value was just too much. Plus he's versatile enough to be a dominant guard at the very worst.

Edited by BucShot

4 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Jefferson ended up getting traded up for at 32 lol so I ended up taking Josh Jones. At the end of the day, he was the highest guy on my board, and I just think there's a reason so many teams go OL in round 2 after taking a QB #1 overall. The dude was absolutely dominant at the Senior Bowl and during the year, and it's sometimes easy to forget that right after the combine. I like Murray, but he isn't a true ILB IMO. Jones position value was just too much. Plus he's versatile enough to be a dominant guard at the very worst.

I wouldn’t hate it. But some fans would

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I wouldn’t hate it. But some fans would

Combine warriors are all the rage in early March, but this is a guy who only gave up 1 QB hit last season and dominated at the Senior Bowl. I currently have him 18th on my big board so the value is just too good.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

What if we moved up in the 1st with NE if they don’t get Tom back. 

NE gets- 2nd, 4th, Andy Dalton

CIN gets- 1st

I think we are giving up too much to move up 10 spots or so. I’d think Andy and our 2nd gets it done. No need to give them the 4th too. We might even get a 4th back in that trade. 

Yeah, if we give them Dalton and our 2nd, I'd want more than their 1st. 

Pick 33 is nice to have and moving up to 23 isn't that vital. Giving them something like Dalton and our 4th for their 2nd would make sense but they don't have one.  Dalton alone for their highest 3rd would be fair. It's a top 90 pick and should yield a useful backup at any position or a starter at some positions.