Who do we take at 33?

SmittyBacall

20 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, if we give them Dalton and our 2nd, I'd want more than their 1st. 

Pick 33 is nice to have and moving up to 23 isn't that vital. Giving them something like Dalton and our 4th for their 2nd would make sense but they don't have one.  Dalton alone for their highest 3rd would be fair. It's a top 90 pick and should yield a useful backup at any position or a starter at some positions. 

I think if the team wants either Queen or Murray that’s the area they need to get to. Queen might be gone even before then 

58 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think if the team wants either Queen or Murray that’s the area they need to get to. Queen might be gone even before then 

True. If we miss out on Schobert and Littleton in free agency, Queen, Murray, and Baun are next in line as instant starters. Or else we essentially go into the year with the same below average unit we fielded last year. Queen and Murray I expect will be off the board by 25. Baun, I feel, we can wait for at 33. I really think he's going to be the pick when it's all said and done. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

True. If we miss out on Schobert and Littleton in free agency, Queen, Murray, and Baun are next in line as instant starters. Or else we essentially go into the year with the same below average unit we fielded last year. Queen and Murray I expect will be off the board by 25. Baun, I feel, we can wait for at 33. I really think he's going to be the pick when it's all said and done. 

I have a feeling we are moving back unless there’s a stud guy there at 33. 

15 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I have a feeling we are moving back unless there’s a stud guy there at 33. 

I feel like trades in that spot are pretty common. Teams have an entire day to convince themselves that they want a particular guy and to work out a trade. A lot easier than trades mid-round. 

*I have no data to back this up. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Throw Malik Harrison’s name into the mix as well, but in a trade back. 

His 3-cone was insanely fast. 6th fastest for all position groups at the combine (6.83). Nice little thread here:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I was gonna bring up Malik as a name. I think either him or Troy Dye ends up as a Bengal in round 3.

I don't think  Harrison makes it to rd 3.  Dye might, but the more I read about him the less I like the idea of him at 65.  If Troy Pride Jr is there at 65, I think he's a Bengal.

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think  Harrison makes it to rd 3.  Dye might, but the more I read about him the less I like the idea of him at 65.  If Troy Pride Jr is there at 65, I think he's a Bengal.

Burrow, Baun, and Pride Jr. rounds 1-3 confirmed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I agree. I think Van Jefferson is another guy we’d target 

I don't think we'd take either before rd 4, but at that point, I could definitely see either being the pick if a WR hasn't been taken yet, and i'm not sure if either is the outside deep threat we need.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think we'd take either before rd 4, but at that point, I could definitely see either being the pick if a WR hasn't been taken yet, and i'm not sure if either is the outside deep threat we need.

Pittman Jr. isn’t exactly a burner, but is very capable of playing on the outside. That’s good enough for me.

Which reminds me, if we’re lucky enough to see Justin Jefferson on the board at 33, is he really even a good fit? He plays eerily similar to Tyler Boyd, working at his best from the slot. I’m not sure this offense needs a second dominating slot as much as we need a deep-threatening boundary receiver. Jefferson ran a 4.43, but he doesn’t play nearly that fast on tape. Maybe I need to watch more of him. 

Mims is the receiver I’m hoping we take at 33 if we decide to go that direction.