Packfanfb's 1st Post-Combine Mock

packfanfb

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I was able to catch an interview that Mims did with Sirius XM.  Kirwan and Miller.

He's an interesting kid to listen to.

Here is what I didn't like.  He talked really slowly.  Not that he was choosing words, rather he was just slow in delivery.  He didn't sound dumb at all, but he also didn't come across as well spoken.  Maybe it was nerves, who knows.

Here is what I did like.  He self-scouted himself and asked teams about his weaknesses and what he needed to do better.  Route tree.  Polish.  Seemed very aware of what he needs to work on.

Here is what I did like.  He's a senior and he came across as mature.  He has a daughter and he said he's taking time now to be with her.  

He's a very interesting guy.  Very impressed with his 40 and his 3 cone.  And I liked that he seemed pretty aware and mature.

Dont most people down south talk slow?

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

LOL I guess you're the only one who knows who will be good in the NFL. Good on you.

And do I have to point out that they're not 'equally athletic' or are you just going to admit it was a stupid comment? 

Which ones of Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Ruggs, Shenault, Mims, Claypool, Hamler, Pittman are not in the same tier athletically?

Higgins and Johnson I'll give you, but you're talking about dominant production there from players with very little fundamental flaws.

In 2019, I'd take DPJ in a heartbeat in round 2. This year? There's just no way. There's plenty of athletes who produced in school. Guys I grade as top 50 are going to go 3rd round the way it is.

The know it all comment is lame, either debate it or ignore me. 

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Which ones of Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Ruggs, Shenault, Mims, Claypool, Hamler, Pittman are not in the same tier athletically?

Higgins and Johnson I'll give you, but you're talking about dominant production there from players with very little fundamental flaws.

In 2019, I'd take DPJ in a heartbeat in round 2. This year? There's just no way. There's plenty of athletes who produced in school. Guys I grade as top 50 are going to go 3rd round the way it is.

The know it all comment is lame, either debate it or ignore me. 

Both comments were ridiculous. And I don't think it's 'know it all' like to say all the WRs aren't similar athletically. 

RAS scores

DPJ 9.8

Reagor 7.48

Jeudy 6.38

Shenaut 7,18

Hamler didn't qualify but ia 3 inxhes smaller and 24 pounds lighter than DPJ. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

I don't think he's a jag but I also don't think he's worth 10 mil+ either.  However, Graham will be let go with Sternberger/Tonyan left.  Not sure Packers can go into 2020 season not having something more than that but it isn't their biggest priority by any means.

Not sure its a priority either - but it sure would be nice to have the TEs added back into our offensive attack. 2019 was an offense that played like it had one hand tied behind its back. Non-factors. 

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Both comments were ridiculous. And I don't think it's 'know it all' like to say all the WRs aren't similar athletically. 

RAS scores

DPJ 9.8

Reagor 7.48

Jeudy 6.38

Shenaut 7,18

Hamler didn't qualify but ia 3 inxhes smaller and 24 pounds lighter than DPJ. 

DPJ jumped out of the gym, but there was really nothing else elite about his numbers. We don't utilize jump ball receivers anyway.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

DPJ jumped out of the gym, but there was really nothing else elite about his numbers. We don't utilize jump ball receivers anyway.

His size, explosion and speed make him an incredible athlete.

You said they're all the same, and they're clearly not. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Here is what I didn't like.  He talked really slowly.  Not that he was choosing words, rather he was just slow in delivery.  He didn't sound dumb at all, but he also didn't come across as well spoken.  Maybe it was nerves, who knows.

Struggling to find the relevance of this

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

His size, explosion and speed make him an incredible athlete.

You said they're all the same, and they're clearly not. 

When you watch Lamb, Jeudy, Reagor play football you still see DPJ as a superior athlete? More power to you if so. I don't at all. I understand he has a real nice RAS score from the jumps that the others don't. Putting the pads on and duplicating that is part of your athletic profile. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When you watch Lamb, Jeudy, Reagor play football you still see DPJ as a superior athlete? More power to you if so. I don't at all. I understand he has a real nice RAS score from the jumps that the others don't. Putting the pads on and duplicating that is part of your athletic profile. 

I see the size, speed, and athleticism play. 

You're comparing him to the top guys in the draft. We're talking about WRs we can get in the second round. 

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jump balls are better in basketball ... rather new Packer receivers are running correct, crisp routes and yards after the catch.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Dont most people down south talk slow?

Could be.  Don't really know.  To me, it didn't sound like he had a lot of fire in him.  And that could have been nerves and some respect for the guys he was talking to.

16 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Struggling to find the relevance of this

Really, no relevance.  Just something I picked up on in his interview.

For example...last year I heard Brian Burns in an interview.  Much more outgoing.  Much more to say, more laughing....etc.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Really, no relevance.  Just something I picked up on in his interview.

For example...last year I heard Brian Burns in an interview.  Much more outgoing.  Much more to say, more laughing....etc.  

We need more mouths on defense.  

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know how anyone could have possibly watched him at Michigan and come away thinking he's one of the best athletes in college football.  I could careless what his RAS score is in gym shorts, it pretty clearly did not consistently translate into production on the field.

Like I stated previously.  Zero 100 yard games while at Michigan and he was never the best WR on his own team much less comparable to his peers in this loaded draft class.  I'm a big Michigan and DPJ fan but I don't think you can compare what he did on the field at Michigan to guys in the 1st, 2nd or maybe 3rd tier in this year's class.  If he's drafted in the second, it's based purely on how he worked out in his gym shorts IMO.  Not at any moment in his Michigan career was he a consistent difference maker.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SSG said:

I don't know how anyone could have possibly watched him at Michigan and come away thinking he's one of the best athletes in college football.  I could careless what his RAS score is in gym shorts, it pretty clearly did not consistently translate into production on the field.

Like I stated previously.  Zero 100 yard games while at Michigan and he was never the best WR on his own team much less comparable to his peers in this loaded draft class.  I'm a big Michigan and DPJ fan but I don't think you can compare what he did on the field at Michigan to guys in the 1st, 2nd or maybe 3rd tier in this year's class.  If he's drafted in the second, it's based purely on how he worked out in his gym shorts IMO.  Not at any moment in his Michigan career was he a consistent difference maker.  

I mean, you could pretty much say most of this verbatim about Rashan Gary and we just drafted him 12th overall.