Packfanfb's 1st Post-Combine Mock

packfanfb

41 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I see the size, speed, and athleticism play. 

You're comparing him to the top guys in the draft. We're talking about WRs we can get in the second round. 

This is the main point we can't lose sight of here. Obviously, I'm taking guys like Jefferson, Reagor, Higgins and Aiyuk at 62 over DPJ, but I'm trying to be realistic when I do a mock draft. The only real discussion to have here is how you compare DPJ with guys like Mims, Pittman and maybe Tyler Johnson. Don't even think you can put Claypool in that group being that the guy is more of a tweener. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I mean, you could pretty much say most of this verbatim about Rashan Gary and we just drafted him 12th overall. 

Correct, a pick I hated and still hate.  Feel EXACTLY the same way about DPJ as I did Gary (great kid, mediocre football player).  A ton of hype coming into Michigan only to have guys in their same position groups out produce them.  In this class, we don't have to take the risk on a guy who wasn't capable of standing out in college IMO.  I'd rather take a better football player who's not quite the athlete than the athlete who has a long ways to go as a football player.  This is an amazing WR class and DPJ's 2019 production simply isn't comparable to his peers.

Just now, SSG said:

Correct, a pick I hated and still hate.  Feel EXACTLY the same way about DPJ as I did Gary (great kid, mediocre football player).  A ton of hype coming into Michigan only to have guys in their same position groups out produce them.  In this class, we don't have to take the risk on a guy who wasn't capable of standing out in college IMO.  I'd rather take a better football player who's not quite the athlete than the athlete who has a long ways to go as a football player.  This is an amazing WR class and DPJ's 2019 production simply isn't comparable to his peers.

I agree it's an amazing WR class. I also think it's an amazing class that could dry up very fast for a team with one pick in the top 61 guys. To my point in the post above, I didn't make DPJ the pick because I'm a Michigan homer, I made the pick because I think he might be the best WR on the board come pick 62. Now you could argue maybe he's not the BPA so go a different position, but went WR given the lack of attention to the position in free agency. It all comes down to how you feel about that 2nd tier group of WRs. I don't think you're getting a Reagor, Higgins, Shenault, etc at 62. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is the main point we can't lose sight of here. Obviously, I'm taking guys like Jefferson, Reagor, Higgins and Aiyuk at 62 over DPJ, but I'm trying to be realistic when I do a mock draft. The only real discussion to have here is how you compare DPJ with guys like Mims, Pittman and maybe Tyler Johnson. Don't even think you can put Claypool in that group being that the guy is more of a tweener. 

DJP and Mims are two of my favorites! 

I still have to watch Jefferson more but Mims is my third WR right now. 

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

So we're gonna have James Morgan, Manny Wilkins and Tim Boyle battle it out for our starting QB in 2020?

Initially. Then we're going to trade Rodgers by the October deadline for 6 1st round picks and Morgan takes over as the franchise. Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Initially. Then we're going to trade Rodgers by the October deadline for 6 1st round picks and Morgan takes over as the franchise. Super Bowl. 

I doubt we'll get 6 first round picks for Rodgers at this stage of his career.  lol

• Like 1

If I’m Veldheer’s agent I’m not signing anything for some time. Maybe not how Veldheer himself sees it.  If the Packers don’t resign Bulaga your leverage just increased quite a little bit.  Then post draft when teams who need a starting RT don’t acquire one it takes another jump. If he is expected to start and or be a stop gap for a rookie to take over it will increase again.  He’s an old guy, retired once. He won’t come back cheap as dirt to do the Packers a favor. 

8 hours ago, Norse65 said:

If I’m Veldheer’s agent I’m not signing anything for some time. Maybe not how Veldheer himself sees it.  If the Packers don’t resign Bulaga your leverage just increased quite a little bit.  Then post draft when teams who need a starting RT don’t acquire one it takes another jump. If he is expected to start and or be a stop gap for a rookie to take over it will increase again.  He’s an old guy, retired once. He won’t come back cheap as dirt to do the Packers a favor. 

He might've had a great experience last year and wants to re-sign with us.  I'd love him back for the depth alone.  He's gotta do what's best for him but hopefully we can make it happen for a number that both sides will be happy with.  We'll see how it all plays out.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:05 AM, packfanfb said:

Guys I'd put in front of DPJ are: 

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, J. Jefferson, Reagor, Higgins, Aiyuk and probably Shenault. I realistically think all 8 may be gone by pick 62, otherwise, the guy left is probably the pick over DPJ. I also like Van Jefferson but he's 24 and Hamler is tiny. That basically leaves Mims and I like DPJ over him. A wildcard at 62 could be Tyler Johnson if he has a really good pro day.

Claypool and Pittman for me if given the choice, but I could only wish they'd make it that far.