Your wish list.

onejayhawk

What player do you want to see sliding at #32. Be sure to think of all positions, even ones we would not normally go after. For  example, if Xavier McKinney or Tee Higgins is there at #32, you scrap your plan and draft the S or WR as the case may be. Who would you love to see fall to us, plan or no plan?

J

27 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

What player do you want to see sliding at #32. Be sure to think of all positions, even ones we would not normally go after. For  example, if Xavier McKinney or Tee Higgins is there at #32, you scrap your plan and draft the S or WR as the case may be. Who would you love to see fall to us, plan or no plan?

J

Lb queen or murray

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Henry Ruggs, WR
Mekhi Becton, OT
Jonathan Taylor, RB
Jeff Gladney, CB
Tyler Biadasz, OL

Trade down to mid 2nd and draft TE Brycen Hopkins

Ruggs and Becton, yes. With Gladney, aim higher. I expect the other two will be there at #32 and hope they are all there at #33. Biadasz may be there at #63. I also do not get the Murray love. He's mid 30s to low 40s. Post Combine, I'm reconsidering Patrick Queen.

I was thinking Javon Kinlaw, Josh Jones, and I already mentioned Xavier McKinney. Edge rushers rise, pushing down interior disruptors. CBs rise past safeties. And so on.

J

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Ruggs and Becton, yes. With Gladney, aim higher. I expect the other two will be there at #32 and hope they are all there at #33. Biadasz may be there at #63. I also do not get the Murray love. He's mid 30s to low 40s. Post Combine, I'm reconsidering Patrick Queen.

I was thinking Javon Kinlaw, Josh Jones, and I already mentioned Xavier McKinney. Edge rushers rise, pushing down interior disruptors. CBs rise past safeties. And so on.

J

I could still see Taylor going before our pick. Taylor has one of the best college RB careers of all time, comes across very professional in interviews, and had one hell of a combine. I think mileage is a concern but a team like us shouldn't worry much about that, he held up fine on massive touches in college and we'll never need him to have a Derrick Henry type of usage. I feel like he's also way less of a gamble than anyone else who is likely to be available, but then again, just drafting his position might be the gamble when we have holes to fill on defense. I just remember how unstoppable Mahomes was with Hunt and think Taylor would give us 5 more years of that.

Biadasz is a tough one since Reiter has been playing well. But Reiter is in a contract year next season and Biadasz is supposedly easily the best interior OL in this class. I could still see him going before our pick.

I agree he could, but Taylor is not a scrap the game plan and take him sort of talent, especially not in this draft. Biadasz may well be there for our second round pick. If Josh Jones is there, chances are Josh Jones is a Chief, regardless of needs and plans. He's too much value to pass by. If Javon Kinlaw gets to #25, I'm working the phones to trade up. Those are the kind of situations this is about.

J

3 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I agree he could, but Taylor is not a scrap the game plan and take him sort of talent, especially not in this draft. Biadasz may well be there for our second round pick. If Josh Jones is there, chances are Josh Jones is a Chief, regardless of needs and plans. He's too much value to pass by. If Javon Kinlaw gets to #25, I'm working the phones to trade up. Those are the kind of situations this is about.

J

I'm not a big Josh Jones fan. Best case is someone falls as a position that we don't need so we can trade down.

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm not a big Josh Jones fan. Best case is someone falls as a position that we don't need so we can trade down.

Unless there is a CB we really like, trading down is always high on the list. 

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

woah you really would not take one of them in the first round?  Why not?  Biggest hold on Defense and both are legit starters day one!

Queen I have reconsidered. Murray, definitely not. Queen has the speed and instincts to excel in our system, once he bulks up. I'd love to have Murray, but he's not 1st round caliber. He has more size than Queen, but not nearly the diagnostics. Queen might be another DJ, but I don't think Murray is.

J