The anxiety and/or panic attack thread

rob_shadows

Do you have anxiety issues or panic attacks?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have anxiety issues or panic attacks?

• Nope, I'm always chill
    • I have anxiety occasionally but that's it
    • I have frequent anxiety but never panic attacks
    • I have infrequent panic attacks
    • I have frequent panic attacks (panic disorder

Feel sorry for you bros, anxiety is no joke.

Folks think you can just "talk your way through it" as if your concerns are completely rational.  Most folks with anxiety know their concerns aren't rational, but it doesn't much matter.

Exercise, lay off the caffeine/nicotine/booze, get plenty of sleep, eat well and if that doesn't help, see a doctor.  Anxiety can be managed, don't let it consume your life.

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Interesting to read this stuff. I don't think I've ever witnessed a panic attack before.

Its possible that you've been around someone while they had one, but didn't know. I've had a few when I was with friends/family, and I was certain they could tell I was freaking out, but they had no idea. For as intense as they can be, the physical signs are often fairly mild. Like breathing a little heavy, sweating, etc.

13 hours ago, Ataal said:

Talking to women without some liquid courage?  Fuhgettaboutit. 

This is interesting. Talking to women (even total bombshells) is very easy for me and and something I'm totally comfortable doing. 

Talking to literally anyone else? I'll probably stutter or misplace my words and look like a dingus.

51 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

This is interesting. Talking to women (even total bombshells) is very easy for me and and something I'm totally comfortable doing. 

Talking to literally anyone else? I'll probably stutter or misplace my words and look like a dingus.

11 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Its possible that you've been around someone while they had one, but didn't know. I've had a few when I was with friends/family, and I was certain they could tell I was freaking out, but they had no idea. For as intense as they can be, the physical signs are often fairly mild. Like breathing a little heavy, sweating, etc.

I had a panic attack where I went almost totally catatonic. Everything felt fake and I felt like I was watching it happen from my own perspective, but I wasn't controlling me

People knew I was being weird, but definitely wouldn't describe me as panicked. My sister said she thought I was drunk/otherwise intoxicated and just being weird. My mom didn't notice. My wife thought I was tired/grumpy.

I just seemed off and weird to my family but my mind was racing and frenzied for like 45 minutes. 

That was the panic attack that led to me seeking medical help and finding out I needed to get my ADHD under control.

After doing some googling I might've had a couple of mild panic attacks, because the physical symptoms I was exhibited at the time kind of baffled me but in hindsight it sort of makes sense.

Was at home, not doing anything strenuous, started feeling really tingly in my chest, felt a head rush, began to breathe manually, my eyes were going 'spotty' like how it looks when you're about to pass out due to exhaustion, felt tightness in my chest and throat and overall felt as if I was on the track to passing out. At one point I walked outside my apartment in case I passed out so someone would see me. Ending up sipping some water and taking some deep breaths until the event slowly subsided. Lasted 10-15 minutes. Threw me for a complete loop, I kind of chalked it up to dehydration at the time. Although I had experienced this two or three times total in my life.

Archived