Terrell Basham

Cut

Kelechi Osemele

Tru Johnson

Daryl Roberts

Quincy Enunwa

Several others not worth noting.

Free Agency

C/OG: Graham Glasgow: comes in and can play Center for us. 

OG: Joe Thuney: This is our big signing and we have to pay big time to get him. Which is perfectly ok with me given his age, skill set and smarts.

CB: Chris Harris: Vet CB that can start for us on the outside.

Edge: Dante Fowler Jr: Finally we get an edge rusher after chasing this guy for years with different GMs.

CB: Ronald Darby: take a shot on him for cheap. If nothing else he has experience and is depth for injury or in case Austin doesn’t pan out.

LT: Jason Peters: vet talented LT with JD ties. Makes the left side of our OL great.

Trades

Eagles trade Alshon Jeffrey and there 4th to us for our 6th: We are taking the risk here and his salary. Gase likes Jeffrey and JD has ties to him as well.

Draft

1st: Mekhi Becton (OT/Louisville): I think 3 OTs go before us and I like them all. So sub in here whoever you like. Franchise LT for us. He’s raw but has the tools to be great.

2nd: Brandon Aiyuk (WR/Arizona State): I like this kid a lot. Typical Gase WR. Great after the catch but has enough length to be an all around great WR. Has #1 WR potential. Reminds me a bit of Davante Adams. Long long arms for a good catch radius even though he’s just under 6’1”

3rd (from NYG): Donovan People-Jones (WR/Michigan): this guy wouldn’t be here if he has better qb play. A lot like Aiyuk just bigger. A guy I think will be a better pro than college player.

3rd: Cam Akers (RB/FSU): Odds are this is Bells last year with us, so we need a RB to groom. I love Akers. I view him as a Kamara type guy. Hopefully we can get a steal here.

4th: Alton Robinson (Edge/Syracuse): Guy checks a lot of boxes, but a down year has him slip in the draft a bit. Can mix in with Fowler, Jenkins to be a rotational edge rusher for us.

4th (from Philly): Tyler Biadasz (C/OG/Wisconsin): Versatility pick here. Can play C or G and I just don’t 100% get why he’s slipping in mock drafts. Grab him and groom him.

5th: K’Von Wallace (S/Clemson): Depth at S behind Adams and Maye.

6th: Mitchell Wilcox (TE/USF): Depth guy behind Herndon and Griffin. Wesco is trash.

6th (traded to Philly)

7th: Dominik Eberle (K/Utah State): We need a reliable young kicker. Just draft one.

Summary is that we rebuilt the OL, which for me should be the focus of the offseason. This should help us big time.

We add add a legit edge in Fowler and make edge a strength for us with depth. Another need gets addressed.

At WR we build a great compliment of WRs in Jeffrey, Crowder, Aiyuk and Prople-Jones for Darnold.

At CB we add Harris and Darby. Austin and Poole still here, so that’s 4 talented CBs.

At RB we hopefully get our long term RB in Akers to learn behind Bell who should have a great year with a WAY better OL.

Starters look like this...

QB: Darnold

RB: Bell, Akers

WR: Jeffrey, Aiyuk, Crowder, People-Jones, Doctson

TE: Herndon, Griffin

LT: Peters

LG: Thuney

C: Glasgow

RG: Lewis/Edoga/Biadasz

RT: Becton

DL: Williams

DL: Fatukasi

DL: Anderson

OLB: Fowler

ILB: Mosley

ILB: Williamson

OLB: Basham/Robinson 

CB: Harris

CB: Austin

CB: Poole

CB: Darby

FS: Maye

SS: Adams

K: Eberle

P: Edwards

• Like 2

According to OTC, Eagles would take a dead money cap hit of over 16m for the prorated bonus money Jeffrey already received. That would actual add almost a million to their 2020 cap.(by keeping him his cap hit, including the 5.5m prorated portion of the remains 16m, comes to a little over 15m)

next year would be the best time to cut or trade him. Their dead money  would be about 10m but they would save almost 8 on the cap.

I like FA. 

I feel like that's super early for Duvernay.  He's fast but he's pretty raw and this is a deep class.   I'd be hard pressed to believe that there wouldn't be another wr there that I like more. 

Throckmorton is terrible.   He'll be around in the 6th.  He just spent his time at the senior bowl getting pushed around by everyone.   

I like the rest though Akers might be gone before then after a nice combine. 

I dont see as much of a point in drafting becton at #11 and signing Peter's. 

In that case, why not draft an OL to groom in the mid rounds. #11 is to grab a starter. Sure you can start becton at RT but then edoga has no spot so you cant fully develop both guys sitting on the bench. 

If we do that much for OL in FA, I'd go WR #11 (or trade down). I want that #11 pick to start next years. Theres too much talent there to stash for down the line. 

I do love becton though. 

14 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

In that case, why not draft an OL to groom in the mid rounds. #11 is to grab a starter. Sure you can start becton at RT but then edoga has no spot so you cant fully develop both guys sitting on the bench. 

If we do that much for OL in FA, I'd go WR #11 (or trade down). I want that #11 pick to start next years. Theres too much talent there to stash for down the line. 

I do love becton though. 

Because Becton can start at RT for a year or 2 then move to left

Really like your draft Bobby, only thing I would change is I would throw another Dart at Edge over taking another TE. Free agency I would take a hard pass on Chris Harris, he struggled big time last year on the outside and bringing him and Poole back seems redundant, use his money on a guy like Jimmy Smith who has the ability to start but wouldn’t stop me from starting Austin if he continues to get better.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Because Becton can start at RT for a year or 2 then move to left

Yes but that displaces edoga. While he may never progress,  we should at least give him the chance. 

I love Becton, but I dont think you sign 3 top tier OL in FA and then draft another at #11. That's kinda overkill. 

I'd prefer to either sign Peter's or draft becton. Just not both. 

Take that Peter's money and sign a CB or trade for a better WR. 

As it is, a WR core of Jeffrey, Crowder, Aiyuk is not an improvement over last years WR core. IMO. Jeffrey is 2 years removed from being as good as Robby Anderson, and Aiyuk is not gonna come in and set this world on fire. 

It's a small thing.  I would just prefer we focus on more than just the OL. If we sign 3 bigtime OL, its overkill to draft one at #11 also.

If the draft occurs and the Jets have a oline of Peter's, Thuney, Glascow, Winters, Edoga... OLine is no longer our biggest need by far. WR, CB and Pass rush will be bigger needs at that point. 

On 3/8/2020 at 8:04 AM, KodiakThunder said:

I do love becton though. 

So you are a fan of Mac's philosophy regarding OL?  That was his MO.  Sign FA OL, then draft mid round OL.  Tell me again how that worked out?  We need first round talent on the line - period.  I am not the biggest  fan of signing OR trading for Peters/Williams, but if they can hold down the left side while our first round rookie starts at RT or even OG, then take over the LT spot in a year or two, I am good with that.  That is how to build a sustainable OL like the better teams do.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, KodiakThunder said:

Yes but that displaces edoga. While he may never progress,  we should at least give him the chance. 

I love Becton, but I dont think you sign 3 top tier OL in FA and then draft another at #11. That's kinda overkill. 

I'd prefer to either sign Peter's or draft becton. Just not both. 

Take that Peter's money and sign a CB or trade for a better WR. 

As it is, a WR core of Jeffrey, Crowder, Aiyuk is not an improvement over last years WR core. IMO. Jeffrey is 2 years removed from being as good as Robby Anderson, and Aiyuk is not gonna come in and set this world on fire. 

It's a small thing.  I would just prefer we focus on more than just the OL. If we sign 3 bigtime OL, its overkill to draft one at #11 also.

If the draft occurs and the Jets have a oline of Peter's, Thuney, Glascow, Winters, Edoga... OLine is no longer our biggest need by far. WR, CB and Pass rush will be bigger needs at that point. 

Edoga has done nothing to warrant a starting spot. In fact if we draft an OT in the mid rounds they can jump Edoga, never mind a 1st rounder. In this mock Peters would start at LT and Becton (sub in Wirfs, Wills or Thomas here) start at RT. Eventually moving that rookie to LT when Peters isn’t starting caliber anymore (could be this year, could be in 2-3 years, who knows). Thuney would start at LG and Glasgow at C making us have 4 new OLineman that are all at a high level. Then let Lewis, Edoga and Biadasz battle it out for RG 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Edoga has done nothing to warrant a starting spot. In fact if we draft an OT in the mid rounds they can jump Edoga, never mind a 1st rounder. In this mock Peters would start at LT and Becton (sub in Wirfs, Wills or Thomas here) start at RT. Eventually moving that rookie to LT when Peters isn’t starting caliber anymore (could be this year, could be in 2-3 years, who knows). Thuney would start at LG and Glasgow at C making us have 4 new OLineman that are all at a high level. Then let Lewis, Edoga and Biadasz battle it out for RG 

He was a rookie. And winters is our RG as we are paying him 7 mil a yr or so. He isnt a free agent and he wasnt cur according to this mock. So we are gonna have winter ride the bench for edoga? 

My point is that if we  are bringing in that many lineman, it's better value to grab a WR there. Rather than waste a 2nd yr player who our coaches seem to like. 

P.S this mock left winters out for some reason.  But he would be our RG unless cut.