Redskins are in talks to re-sign Jon Bostic, SDH ranking from 2019

turtle28

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Why

Veteran leadership. If he’s beat out by say Holcomb to be the starting MLB then, he’ll at least be a good back up or, if they structure the contract correct they could cut him at the first round of cuts if they want to in August.

Edited by turtle28

I like SDH. I’d love a way that our 3 future LB’s to already be on the roster. Could that be possible yes but I think it’s a stretch. I do like Hamilton. I hope this staff actually gets this guy in the game because he’s athletic and smart. I’d love to see something great come from this

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 4:29 PM, ripsean21 said:

Lower cost can start. I’d still try to upgrade this spot but he can contribute

Yeah, but linebackers who struggle in coverage and can tackle are plentiful in college.  It should be easy to find one of those guys who can stuff the run in the draft and spend minimally for them, both in terms of draft pick and salary.  

21 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, but linebackers who struggle in coverage and can tackle are plentiful in college.  It should be easy to find one of those guys who can stuff the run in the draft and spend minimally for them, both in terms of draft pick and salary.  

Sometimes LBs can tackle in college but not the pros. If he’s as cheap as he was last year then there’s no reason not to re-sign him for vet competition.

27 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Holcomb and SDH will be fun to watch battle it out in camp and throughout preseason. 

The good thing about Holcomb is I think he has the intelligence, size and speed to play any of the three 4-3 LB positions.

33 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's even better.

I wouldn’t get overly excited about it. I think he can do each of them, but his issue is - at least at this point in his career - he’s not good in coverage. He’s big, fast and athletic but like most LBs he’s not good in coverage, hopefully he improves in coverage as his career goes on and he learns more/gets used to the speed of the game.