Broncos trade for CB A.J. Bouye from the Jags

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, pwny said:

He hasn't been very good either of the last two years.

This.

2017 he was a legit all pro level corner. He hasn't been on that tier nor worth what he's being paid.

Color me shocked with getting a solid mid round pick. I expected him to get outright cut.

Just now, pwny said:

He hasn't been very good either of the last two years.

Hmm another reason PFF sucks. They said he was like a Top 7-8 corner last year but I trust Jag fans opinion way more. 

Bouye should play exclusively nickel and not outside. He was completely money for the Texans at nickel. Heard he played outside for the Jags in 2019. 

Good trade for the Broncos, Bouye is one of the best nickel corners in the game, for a measly 4th Round Pick. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Heard he played outside for the Jags in 2019. 

He played outside for the Jags since 2017. He was really good there in 2017, and many people argued he played better than Jalen did. It's been progressively downhill for him since then.

The argument for him would be that the playcalling has been bad for the last two years, and his teammates in the secondary have progressively gotten worse over that same period of time. I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a resurgence with Simmons (is he coming back?) and Jackson as the Safeties behind him with Fangio calling plays.

Just now, pwny said:

He played outside for the Jags since 2017. He was really good there in 2017, and many people argued he played better than Jalen did. It's been progressively downhill for him since then.

The argument for him would be that the playcalling has been bad for the last two years, and his teammates in the secondary have progressively gotten worse over that same period of time. I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a resurgence with Simmons (is he coming back?) and Jackson as the Safeties behind him with Fangio calling plays.

Why would the Jags give so much money to a nickel corner, to play outside? They are completely different positions.