Jaguars trade CB AJ Bouye to Broncos for a 2020 4th

.Buzz

30 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

More draft capital for Caldwell to screw over.

Yep. Ramsey, Yan, Jack, Allen, Taylor, Minshew, Linder, ARob, Telvin, etc. Can't wait for us to get nothing from it like every other pick of his.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yep. Ramsey, Yan, Jack, Allen, Taylor, Minshew, Linder, ARob, Telvin, etc. Can't wait for us to get nothing from it like every other pick of his.

As long as you add.. Gratz, Cyprien, Joekle, Bortles, Lee, Yeldon, Cann, Greene, Bennett, Sample, Sanders,  Robinson, Day, Holmes, B. Allen, Woodard, Smoot, Jacobs.. etc.. to that list too 👍

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

As long as you add.. Gratz, Cyprien, Joekle, Bortles, Lee, Yeldon, Cann, Greene, Bennett, Sample, Sanders,  Robinson, Day, Holmes, B. Allen, Woodard, Smoot, Jacobs.. etc.. to that list too 👍

Because every team hits on all their picks...you're right.

Like you said, Dave will just waste all the picks like he has before with everyone I mentioned. Bust after bust.

48 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because every team hits on all their picks...you're right.

Like you said, Dave will just waste all the picks like he has before with everyone I mentioned. Bust after bust.

Also, to piggyback on this, why are like half those players mentioned? You're really expecting 5th/6th/7th round picks to be hits? He's had far more on those rounds hit then a lot of teams. 

Not to mention Smoot, Jacobs, Day, Cann, and Lee shouldn't even be mentioned. All are solid to fine role players/depth (Lee has been struck by a consistent injury bug, that's not Dave's fault).

I don't like Dave, but that's more so because of the failed QB pick and doubling down as well as paying the wrong people. Who knows if Coughlin wasn't hired if that changes things, I'm not going to act as if it would though. But his drafting has been fine for the most part after that first draft of his.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Also, to piggyback on this, why are like half those players mentioned? You're really expecting 5th/6th/7th round picks to be hits? He's had far more on those rounds hit then a lot of teams. 

Not to mention Smoot, Jacobs, Day, Cann, and Lee shouldn't even be mentioned. All are solid to fine role players/depth (Lee has been struck by a consistent injury bug, that's not Dave's fault).

I don't like Dave, but that's more so because of the failed QB pick and doubling down as well as paying the wrong people. Who knows if Coughlin wasn't hired if that changes things, I'm not going to act as if it would though. But his drafting has been fine for the most part after that first draft of his.

🤨 Why is Lee mentioned? Is this a serious question he’s played in 30 of possible 59 games .. amassed just over 2 thousand yards and he has 8 TDs in 5 yrs in a Jags uniform.. he was a 2nd round pick right? You can’t have it both ways bring up the hits and then say well he found Telvin in the 5th round.. and teams stumble upon player from time to time but you’re not going to sit up here and act like he’s drafted solid is been ok. None of those players you named outside of Ramsey, Yann, and Allen are going to amount to anything but solid contributing players on other squads... they’re  not perinatal pro bowlers or potential HOF players and as much as the Jags pick in the top 10 how many elite prospects has he found?🤷‍♂️.. seems like that’s the reason we keep picking in the top 10. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤨 Why is Lee mentioned? Is this a serious question he’s played in 30 of possible 59 games .. amassed just over 2 thousand yards and he has 8 TDs in 5 yrs in a Jags uniform.. he was a 2nd round pick right? You can’t have it both ways bring up the hits and then say well he found Telvin in the 5th round.. and teams stumble upon player from time to time but you’re not going to sit up here and act like he’s drafted solid is been ok. None of those players you named outside of Ramsey, Yann, and Allen are going to amount to anything but solid contributing players on other squads... they’re  not perinatal pro bowlers or potential HOF players and as much as the Jags pick in the top 10 how many elite prospects has he found?🤷‍♂️.. seems like that’s the reason we keep picking in the top 10. 

Because Lee played and had all the looks of being a solid/good WR before he got hurt year after year. No one can forsee that happening. 

Regardless, even if you want to count him, that still isn't that large of list (which is littered with late round picks that can't even be considered busts because once round 3-4 hits all you're looking at are hopefully depth players).

Telvin was an all pro, ARob is a legit receiver, Josh Allen looks like he'll be a stud. Yan has been one of the better pure pass rushers in the game when looking at pressures, QB hits, and strip fumbles. Ramsey is an elite corner. Idk how good Fowler really is as a focal rusher (had Calais here and Donald in LA), but he had double digit sacks last year, etc.

If you're saying Caldwell is bad because he hasn't drafted a lot of HOF/All Pro level players than i think 4/5 of the NFL has a GM problem. His talent outside of the QB position he's drafted has been fine considering the natural hit/miss rate in a draft. 

Definitely no reason to think that having added capital in this year's draft means he will "screw over" our picks. If we were in the QB market then I'd be with you, but outside of maybe a few teams, who has been killing the draft consistently/drafting all these future HOF/All Pro or consistent pro bowl players? You have the Ravens, 49ers, and?...

Edited by .Buzz

31 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

You can add Cowboys, Chiefs, and Vikings to that list and maybe the Rams.

Chiefs and Cowboys sure.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2510&type=team

Rams haven't had firsts the past couple years, but those drafts the past several years don't look particularly good to me. I would also argue that FO has completely ruined that team unless Goff turns it around with trading of draft picks, paying Gurley/Goff, and now running into cap issues after trading for Ramsey.

Point still stands. Drafts are hard, and outside of the QB position (which this draft we don't have to worry about) I'm not anymore worried about Dave than most other teams should be going into a draft with their GM.

There's going to be hits and there's going to be misses...just gotta hope the top 3 rounds are more hits than not and a gem or two are found after that.

Edited by .Buzz

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Chiefs and Cowboys sure.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2510&type=team

Rams haven't had firsts the past couple years, but those drafts the past several years don't look particularly good to me. I would also argue that FO has completely ruined that team unless Goff turns it around with trading of draft picks, paying Gurley/Goff, and now running into cap issues after trading for Ramsey.

Point still stands. Drafts are hard, and outside of the QB position (which this draft we don't have to worry about) I'm not anymore worried about Dave than most other teams should be going into a draft with their GM.

There's going to be hits and there's going to be misses...just gotta hope the top 3 rounds are more hits than not and a gem or two are found after that.

Donald, Ogletree, Higbee, Kupp, Gurley, Goff would be a decent foundation for any team I’d agree.. their last few drafts have been duds.

Edited by DuvalsKing

7 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Donald, Ogletree, Higbee, Kupp, Gurley, Goff would be a decent foundation for any team I’d agree.. their last few drafts have been duds.

I mean...Gurley was elite for a couple years. I think anyone who takes a RB that high (like us), even if they end up being great is a bad pick.

Goff had one good year, but now is looking like he's not the guy. Ogeltree is just ok imo. Donald, Kupp, and Higbee I'll give you though. 

Just don't find that any different than where we sit and likely worse, they just paid and retained their studs unlike us (which is a whole different argument than we're having and a notable issue I mentioned with Dave).