TCMD - Cowboys Edition: Draft begins

D82

Dallas Cowboys TCMD Roster

QB: Dak Prescott | Drew Stanton | Clayton Thorson 
RB: Ezekiel Elliott | Tony Pollard | Ty Montgomery | Jordan Chunn
WR: Michael Gallup | 
Mohamed Sanu | Randall Cobb | Tee Higgins | Noah Brown | Devin Smith | Cedrick Wilson | Jon'Vea Johnson 
TE: Blake Jarwin | Dalton Schultz | Colby Parkinson | Cole Hikutini | Lance Lenoir 
LT: Tyron Smith | Mitch Hyatt 
LG: Connor Williams | Connor McGovern 
C: Travis Frederick | Marcus Henry 
RG: Zack Martin
RT: La'el Collins | Brandon Knight 

LDE: Demarcus Lawrence | Tyrone Crawford | Joe Jackson | Jalen Jelks 

1T: Antwaun Woods | Leki Fotu 
3T: Darius Kilgo | Trysten Hill | Daniel Wise 
RDE: Robert Quinn | Dorance Armstrong, Jr. | Randy Gregory 
SLB: Sean Lee | Chris Covington 
MLB: Jaylon Smith | Justin March-Lillard
WLB: Leighton Vander Esch
CB: Xavier Rhodes | Jourdan Lewis | Chris Westry 
FS: Damarious Randall 
SS: Xavier Woods | Donovan Wilson 
CB: Chidobe Awuzie | C.J. Henderson | Donovan Olumba 

K: Kai Forbath
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Been doing a FFMD-esque mock offseason over in the GM forum...here’s what I’ve put together so far. 

Thoughts? 

WR core is kinda gross. I am assuming you are considering that in round 1 or 2? Rest of it looks pretty close talent-wise to what we were working with last year. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

WR core is kinda gross. I am assuming you are considering that in round 1 or 2? Rest of it looks pretty close talent-wise to what we were working with last year. 

Went with Henderson in the first, as Kinlaw went one pick before I went OTC and Ruggs was gone also. 

I'd say WR and DT are the biggest needs still. 

It looks realistic. We lost Byron and replaced him with a first round pick and a cheaper FA. We lost Amari and replaced him with a cheaper FA. We may have patched the hole in the secondary that we created but certainly not the one at WR. It's a deep draft for WRs so perhaps a good one will be there in round 2. 

Once we fill the holes we created to get the roster back to what it was last year, at what point and with what means do we actually improve upon it?

Or are we just banking that the coaching staff was the only real problem?

Just seems like such a waste of an offseason. 

Edited by DaBoys

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It looks realistic. We lost Byron and replaced him with a first round pick and a cheaper FA. We lost Amari and replaced him with a cheaper FA. We may have patched the hole in the secondary that we created but certainly not the one at WR. It's a deep draft for WRs so perhaps a good one will be there in round 2. 

Once we fill the holes we created to get the roster back to what it was last year, at what point and with what means do we actually improve upon it?

Cap was a problem in this, rules were in place that prevented me from doing a few restructures to free up money to really improve the roster. 

Randall is an improvement over Heath. Adding Rhodes and Henderson helps. Banking on Awuzie getting better, LVE and Smith rebounding under Nolan. Kilgo is a decent get at NT. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Rhodes + Henderson > Jones alone

Randall > Heath 

So the secondary for sure was improved, so far

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Cap was a problem in this, rules were in place that prevented me from doing a few restructures to free up money to really improve the roster. 

You didnt keep Cooper or Jones... You cut Crawford... So you started with like $85m and cap was a problem ?!?!?

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You didnt keep Cooper or Jones... You cut Crawford... So you started with like $85m and cap was a problem ?!?!?

I didn’t have $85MM, think I only had like $50MM something to work with, had to extend Dak and what not