Training Camp 2017 - Week 1

Dome

New-Orleans-Saints-Training-Facility_Eas

Saint's training camp will be kicking off with reporting day on July 26th, players will take physicals and meet with their coaching staff. The rest of the camp is scheduled as follows:

Date Practice Times Location Status For Fans/Media

Jul. 27 Practice (Jerseys) 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Jul. 28 Practice (Jerseys) 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Jul. 29 Practice* 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Jul. 30 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Jul. 31 Practice* 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media
Aug. 1 OFF      
Aug. 2 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media
Aug. 3 Practice* 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Aug. 4 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Aug. 5 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Aug. 6 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Aug. 7 Practice* 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media
Aug. 8 OFF      
Aug. 9 OFF     Travel to Cleveland
Aug. 10 @ CLE 7:00PM CT FirstEnergy Stadium Preseason Game #1
Aug. 11 Practice 4:00–5:30PM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Aug. 12 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Aug. 13 Practice* 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Aug. 14 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Open to Public/Media
Aug. 15 OFF      
Aug. 16 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Aug. 17 Joint Practice w/ SD 12:00-2:00PM Costa Mesa, Calif. TBD
Aug. 18 Joint Practice w/ SD* 12:00-2:00PM Costa Mesa, Calif. TBD
Aug. 19 Walk Through     Closed
Aug. 20 @ SD 7:00PM CT StubHub Center Preseason Game #2
Aug. 21 OFF      
Aug. 22 OFF      
Aug. 23 Practice 8:50-11:40AM Practice Facility Closed to Public/Open to Media
Aug. 24 Joint Practice w/ HOU* TBD Practice Facility Open to Public/Media/Fan Fest
Aug. 25 Walk Through     Closed
Aug. 26 vs. HOU 7:00PM CT Mercedes-Benz Superdome Preseason Game #3
BREAK CAMP

That's 11 practices scheduled to be open to the public, will any NOLA natives be attending? Who are everyone's favorite guys to follow on twitter this time of year? With the new features it's easy to embed tweets into the forum to keep everyone updated.

Remember, if you have a specific topic you want to discuss just, please make a new thread for it. We're really trying to get people to start new threads to make these discussions easier to follow and get involved in.  If it's an inconsequential roster move like a guy who nobody was talking about getting sent to IR or our 9th best DB getting cut to make room for a 4th C then it's probably safe to post in here. 

I was curious so I did a google search. The Saints Greenbrier contract was apparently up this year and they didn't renew, that's why they're practicing at the Metairie Facility. I read the Texans are at Greenbrier this year. 

The New Orleans Saints continued to reshape the their 90-man roster on Tuesday, signing three players just a couple days before training camp begins.

In addition to the previously reported addition of offensive lineman Kristjan Sokoli, the Saints also signed veteran offensive lineman Martin Wallace as well as defensive back Dejaun Butler. 

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/07/saints_martin_wallace.html#incart_river_index

On 7/20/2017 at 6:23 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I was curious so I did a google search. The Saints Greenbrier contract was apparently up this year and they didn't renew, that's why they're practicing at the Metairie Facility. I read the Texans are at Greenbrier this year. 

Team has been getting grief from the fan base for past two years as a "Soft" group and the Greenbrier has been a consistent factor in that with most fans attributing it to a country club vacation instead of a NFL training camp. As the more and more injuries continued to mount for this team throughout the last few seasons the fan bases tolerance of the Greenbrier situation soured more and more so it's no surprise that the Saints allowed that contract to expire. 

Of course they wont publicly admit to that being the reason.

1 minute ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Add me to the Greenbrier hate club. Who knows if there really was a correlation to softness/injuries/losses, but it sure seemed like it.

Definitely possible.

I didn't realize the facilities there were built specifically for the Saints. :o

Archived