Bernstien: Fox will be fired

WindyCity

Bernstien was on the Score during transition and he said based on what he is hearing

-Fox and Pace have an arms length relationship
-Fox is difficult to work with
-Fox is fired and was fired before the season started
-Fox is going to have to be forced to play Trubisky as he doesn't want to play a rookie

"John Fox is fired, fired, fired"

All over the league, young coaches are being hired. Pace hired a guy hitting 60 who always coached older.

Fox's hiring had safe and mediocre written all over it and then Fox turns out to be the gray Trestman.

Pace should start looking over his own shoulder given he tried a 'bunt' with Fox's hiring and popped into a double play anyway.

57 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

All over the league, young coaches are being hired. Pace hired a guy hitting 60 who always coached older.

Fox's hiring had safe and mediocre written all over it and then Fox turns out to be the gray Trestman.

Pace should start looking over his own shoulder given he tried a 'bunt' with Fox's hiring and popped into a double play anyway.

Wasn't there rumors that Pace was kind of pushed to hire Fox when he became available.

14 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Wasn't there rumors that Pace was kind of pushed to hire Fox when he became available.

This is the ultimate question. The hiring is on him otherwise and a knock on his resume. 

Just like signing Glennon as our QB. Getting Mitch was no guarantee.

22 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

The Bears also interviewed Gase, Marrone,  Quinn, Marrone, and Austin.

Fox was a late fire, and I think he was the easy hire. He was pretty successful in Denver. The other candidates were bigger question marks. The big knock on Gase was experience.

I think there are some really good candidates to look at this year.

33 minutes ago, G08 said:

Short list:

McDaniels

Carmichael, Jr.

Jim Bob Cooter

I'll throw Matt Patricia in there as well, even though I don't think he's as good of a candidate as McDaniels or JBC. He'll get a ton of interviews.

I also really love Harbaugh. Harbaugh is the perfect fit: history of building successful programs, brings a no-BS us-against-the-world attitude, and understands the team's history and culture. But I think his antics are so far from what Pace is looking for that it's just not in the cards.

That being said, my #1 is McDaniels. I've read a lot about the guy since Denver canned him, and he has made a complete 180 in all aspects of his life, which many people will completely overlook. I'm well aware of the lack of success Patriots assistants have had once they've moved on, but I think pairing McDaniels with Trubisky would be a hell of a combo.

Archived