Bernstien: Fox will be fired

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Harbaugh, he had 1 "bad" year (8-8) in 4 years as HC in SF, and then was fired/quit (can't remember the specifics) as the GM and owners thought they were smarter than the rest of the world, hired Chip Kelly, and then the GM and Kelly were promptly fired after that and here they are as one of the worst teams in the NFL still.  Harbaugh took Colin Freakin Kaepernick to the super bowl, and has since gotten people up in arms about this protest stuff because he now has a leg to stand on as "not the worst QB in the NFL" which means the politics of him kneeling is clearly the reason he is unemployed (lol). 

It also takes time to rebuild a college program like that.   You have to build a reputation before you can start getting the best recruits, and while I'm by no means an expert on college football, he certainly hasn't been around that long, probably not long enough to have built the cred to get recruits like alabama or FSU can right now.  

All of this being said, I wouldn't mind them try to find their own guy instead of a retread, but of all the former NFL head coaches to get the job, I think Harbaugh would probably be the best at it because of his experience molding QB's.  Remember, Belichick is a second time head coach, and while hiring former NFL head coaches doesn't usually work out well, it doesn't mean that should eliminate them from contention, either.

I'm not saying they should not hire a retread but I just don't get why people are so enamored with Harbaugh.  Sure he took a Colin Kapernick led offense to a Super Bowl.

John Fox also took Jake Delhomme and a noodle armed way past his prime Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl.  Does that make him a good coach in your eyes?

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not saying they should not hire a retread but I just don't get why people are so enamored with Harbaugh.  Sure he took a Colin Kapernick led offense to a Super Bowl.

John Fox also took Jake Delhomme and a noodle armed way past his prime Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl.  Does that make him a good coach in your eyes?

No, I'm not saying that at all.  But Harbaugh had full control until Baalke wanted to take control back.  He had personnel and coaching staff decisions and had a pretty well disciplined team.  Fox had Elway calling all the shots and one of the most talented core of defensive players and a HOF qb handed to him.  Even past his prime, thats much less impressive than making a guy like Colin Kaepernick look like a pro bowl, Super Bowl caliber QB.  

Archived