Carr vs Dalton, A Complete and Excellent Analysis

soulman

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Shows why Raiders are looking for a new QB.

Ditka says number one thing he learned in player acquisition is he shouldn’t want people other people are trying hard to get rid of. 

I don't know if the Raiders are truly "trying hard" to get rid of Carr.

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Seems a lot of the diehard fans wouldn't mind seeing him go and brass is openly seeking to upgrade to Brady.

The fans' feelings don't mean that the Raiders are trying hard to get rid of Carr.

The organization *maybe* wanting Brady also doesn't mean they're "trying hard"to get rid of him. He's the greatest player of all time. Why wouldn't they want him?

Edited by beardown3231

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

The fans' feelings don't mean that the Raiders are trying hard to get rid of Carr.

The organization *maybe* wanting Brady also doesn't mean they're "trying hard"to get rid of him. He's the greatest player of all time. Why wouldn't they want him?

Brady is GOAT, but he is fading and not getting younger.

Raiders fans know their players like we know ours.  They watch every practice and every snap.  Most don't think Carr has it.

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Brady is GOAT, but he is fading and not getting younger.

Raiders fans know their players like we know ours.  They watch every practice and every snap.  Most don't think Carr has it.

But again their feelings are meaningless. You said the Raiders are "trying hard" to get rid of their QB but your only "evidence" is that the fans don't like him.

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

But again their feelings are meaningless. You said the Raiders are "trying hard" to get rid of their QB but your only "evidence" is that the fans don't like him.

I'm sorry I don't have a recording of GM saying he wants to be rid of Carr.  He does want to trade him after all and wants value.  So he is going to say nice things.  But 'wants to trade him' should count as evidence.   

They are pursuing a 42+ year old QB and willing to pay top dollar over their existing QB 2 years in their system in his prime on a favorable contract.  

What does that tell you?   Is that evidence?  

I know Brady is legendary, but still they should prefer their guy in this circumstance if they like him.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I'm sorry I don't have a recording of GM saying he wants to be rid of Carr.  He does want to trade him after all and wants value.  So he is going to say nice things.  But 'wants to trade him' should count as evidence.   

They are pursuing a 42+ year old QB and willing to pay top dollar over their existing QB 2 years in their system in his prime on a favorable contract.  

I know Brady is legendary, but still they should prefer their guy in this circumstance if they like him.  

A few things:

1. There are plenty of examples of coaches and GMs making poor football decisions either due to incompetence, ego, etc. Gruden himself has always hunted for his own type of QB.
  2. There are factors outside of the quality of the team that influence personnel decisions. This is especially relevant when we're talking about a team in a new market pursuing the highest profile player in the entire NFL.
  • Like 1

I'd look at it this way?  Has "Chucky" ever invited Carr over for a BBQ and to meet the wife and kids?

If the answer is NO then "Chucky" would move him in a NY if he could get value for him and replace him quickly.  Carr has never been "his guy" and there have been as many rumors of a trade there as we used to see surrounding Cutler ever since Gruden was hired.  The fact that LV hasn't moved on doesn't mean they aren't becoming prepared to do it just as we are with Mitch.

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Shows why Raiders are looking for a new QB.

Ditka says number one thing he learned in player acquisition is he shouldn’t want people other people are trying hard to get rid of. 

Ditka was really bad at talent appraisal and acquisition. Probably cost the Bears at least one Super Bowl. More likely two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Gruden thinks he can win Super Bowls with Brady while he continues to rebuild the team AND groom a young guy to take over when Brady leaves. It means Gruden thinks Brady can carry a team with holes in it to a championship, and he's not sure Carr can. Not that weird, really. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Who proved that they're trying to trade him though?   

How do you know they're pursuing him? Show me something that shows they're pursuing him, and "may pursue" does not count and neither does "well.. the fans don't like Carr!"

It tells me nothing if in fact the Raiders want to dump a top 18-20 QB to sign the greatest one of all time.

No. You take the better QB if you can get him, which is exactly why the Bears should be pursuing Brady.

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Gruden thinks he can win Super Bowls with Brady while he continues to rebuild the team AND groom a young guy to take over when Brady leaves. It means Gruden thinks Brady can carry a team with holes in it to a championship, and he's not sure Carr can. Not that weird, really. 

To be honest I think Brady in LV is more about selling tickets, souvenirs. and jersey's than about winning a SB.  That and an NFL wide focus on LV which includes Chucky and Brady as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soulman said:

To be honest I think Brady in LV is more about selling tickets, souvenirs. and jersey's than about winning a SB.  That and an NFL wide focus on LV which includes Chucky and Brady as well.

Maybe? Gruden's never really struck me as a "showman" coach though, even though he was on ESPN for quite some time. 

Anyhoo, all the scuttlebutt seems to suggest Brady will go elsewhere...if he leaves New England at all, that is. I don't see Gruden getting rid of Carr this season if that's the case.