My Last Mock before FA

LoganF89

Resign 

Bostic

Flowers

Restructure Kerrigan

Franchise Sherrf

overview- These are all pretty much no brianers- Bostic proved he could start or at the very least be great depth for us, Kerrigan as a situational pass rusher is a luxury with the rotation we can have on this front. and resigning our guards should be a main priority in keeping Haskins upright.

Trade

Trent Williams and a 7th(194)  to the Dolphins for Miamis 2nd (saints 56) and 3rd (70) I think the dolphins stay at 5 and take either Tua or Herbert, with their other 2 first and their top 2nd they will look to address skill positions like WR, RB,  and Defense. I dont think they go LT in the draft, i believe they will want a proven starter to protect their new QBs blindside. with all the picks they have I believe they do this deal, and leading the nfl in cap space they have the money to make trent the top paid LT in the league. is similar to the duane brown trade but i believe trent is better. we save 12.5 mill for trading him

FA

Jack Conklin LT 3 year deal average of 15 per year- play him at left tackle, if he flourishes we can always extend him, if not then we have Moses replacement next year

Austin Hooper TE 4 years average of 11 per year- fixes our TE situation, he can do it all

Kendall Fuller CB 3 years average of 7 mill per year- he fixes our issue in the slot, hopefully with bruce gone he will be ok coming back

Devin Funchess WR 1 year 6 mill- may not be the sexy pick at WR but i cant see us paying sanders and green at their age long term and cant see us paying the price tag for amari cooper and robby anderson, he only played in 1 game last year but he fills a redzone need being 6'4" 225. he is familar with rivera and i dont think he will hampoer the growth of our young WRs, hes not the sexy addition of a vet WR but i think he fits

Tre Boston FS 3 years 5 mill average- hes probably the most underated FS in the league, hes great in coverage and while he does miss some tackles he makes up for it with great coverage and ball skills

Chase Daniel 2 years 4 mill average

overview- after trading williams we have about 73.5 mill to spend plus more from a kerrigan restructure,  bfore resinging some of our guys. I think we spend a lot in FA but we have a ton of cap and with Smith possibly coming off the books next year im not worried about the money spent in FA, the front office said it best. you use free agency to fill needs and the draft to get talent

Draft

1#2 Chase Young DE Ohio St.

2#56  Jaylon Johnson CB Utah

3#66 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

3#70 Hunter Bryant TE Washington

4#105 Akeem Davis-Gaither OLB App St.

4#141comp Lucas Niang OT TCU

5# Ben Bartch OG St. Johns

7#228 Bryce Perkins QB UVA

overview- chase young duh, Jaylon Johnson can come in and be a number two or battle with moreau for the starting spot, Claypool with his size and speed can be a huge mismatch and he could develope into a #2 starting alongside Terry, Hunter Bryant has a ton of upside and having a 2 TE set with Hooper could be dangerous, Gaither is a good coverage LB and i wouldnt be surprised if we saw him, bostic, and either holcomb or foster starting at the last LB spot. Niang has so much upside but really needs to work on technique he and christian can battle for the swing tackle spot but if Conklin is able to play LT well then  Niang could be a potential replacement for moses after next year if he shows he can hold it down. Ben Bartch is a solid depth pick. hes a small school guy who has all the accolades and excelled at the senior bowl. loved his character in his interview at the combine, seems he can play all over the oline. Perkins is really just a fun pick. he is a developmental guy

• Like 2

I was trying out The Draft Network last night and grabbed  Akeem Davis-Gaither myself. Seems like a solid all-around player at LB. And a major vocal team leader. Even if not a starter, these first couple years building. He seems like a guy youd want to have around.

Give me Khalil Tate to try in develop as a backup late in the draft.

Overall. Looks like a positive way to build going forward.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was trying out The Draft Network last night and grabbed  Akeem Davis-Gaither myself. Seems like a solid all-around player at LB. And a major vocal team leader. Even if not a starter, these first couple years building. He seems like a guy youd want to have around.

I was debating Tate as well! I think him and Hopkins go undrafted TBH but im good with Tate as well, just drafted Hopkins bc he was ranked a little higher thats all

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I’m definitely for Tate in round 6 or 7, he can be a Taysom Hill type. I’d love to get a versatile player like that. We could also sign PJ Walker, Jordan Ta’Amu or Keenan Reynolds for that type of player or do both and have them battle it out.

I’d love to add a fast athletic LB like ADG. He can come in and compete with SDH & JHC for the starting WLB spot.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m definitely for Tate in round 6 or 7, he can be a Taysom Hill type. I’d love to get a versatile player like that. We could also sign PJ Walker, Jordan Ta’Amu or Keenan Reynolds for that type of player or do both and have them battle it out.

I’d love to add a fast athletic LB like ADG. He can come in and compete with SDH & JHC for the starting WLB spot.

agreed.

I like it.

I think Boston & Conklin are the two guys we need the most.

Fuller will probably command about 10mil/year though. I think I'd still be okay with that. I'd still prefer Bradberry

I have my fingers crossed we can land a TE like Njoku/Howard in a Trent trade. Hooper at the price he wants makes me feel uneasy.

I really like the Funchess signing. It would give Haskins a big weapon. (I'm hopeful that Rivera's experience with 6'4"-6'5" receivers might kead to Cam Sims finally getting a legit shot)

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I like it.

I think Boston & Conklin are the two guys we need the most.

Fuller will probably command about 10mil/year though. I think I'd still be okay with that. I'd still prefer Bradberry

I have my fingers crossed we can land a TE like Njoku/Howard in a Trent trade. Hooper at the price he wants makes me feel uneasy.

I really like the Funchess signing. It would give Haskins a big weapon. (I'm hopeful that Rivera's experience with 6'4"-6'5" receivers might kead to Cam Sims finally getting a legit shot)

What are we going to trade to get Howard - who’s proven nothing - or Njoku?

I guess when we trade Trent we can trade that 2nd but until then, I’m not sure a 3rd gets it done. I also wonder if the Ravens would be willing to trade Hayden Hurst bc they have an embarrassment of riches at TE. 

We aren’t going to trade Kerrigan, but I’d totally trade Kerrigan for Hurst, we may have to throw in a 5th or something to get that done bc of the age difference in the two players.

As for Hooper, it’s a case of you get what you pay for. It’s either pay him or sign the aloof Ebron or the injury prone Henry or Eifert. I’d rather do the former and lock up the position w/o giving up a draft pick.

• Like 1