Bold Prediction! 🕰️ Redskins will trade Trent Williams to the Patriots by April Fool's Day!

aceinthehouse

I'm calling it now!

Obviously, nothing can be confirmed till March 18th I believe. Sure, teams can & are now agreeing to trade terms before hand.

But by April 1st (at the latest), the Redskins will trade LT Trent Williams to the Patriots.

The Redskins will obtain the Patriots #23rd pick in the 1st Round.

&

The Patriots will obtain Pro Bowl OT Trent Williams & the Redskins 5th Round draft choice. (#2)

Let it be written, Let it be done.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Trent Williams wants to be paid as one of the best players in the NFL, regardless of position. Reports are he’s asking for $25mm+. New England is the last team who would agree to do that. 

After already sitting out a season, do you think Williams would try to play a strongarm tactic with one of the most successful franchises in recent memory? It works against Washington, notsomuch against New England. Belly and Caserio will simply remind him of his contract, and will get him out there to play. New England has a way to get guys to buy into the "Do Your Job" mantra, especially those who has baggage with their original franchises.

If Williams is under contract, he'll play under that contract for New England.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

New England has a way to get guys to buy into the "Do Your Job" mantra, especially those who has baggage with their original franchises.

AB and Haynesworth say otherwise. Not everyone is willing to shut up and play - and crazy enough, some want to be paid for their talent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

After already sitting out a season, do you think Williams would try to play a strongarm tactic with one of the most successful franchises in recent memory? It works against Washington, notsomuch against New England. Belly and Caserio will simply remind him of his contract, and will get him out there to play. New England has a way to get guys to buy into the "Do Your Job" mantra, especially those who has baggage with their original franchises.

If Williams is under contract, he'll play under that contract for New England.

So trade a 1st for a one year rental?  I mean, okay, that works for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

AB and Haynesworth say otherwise. Not everyone is willing to shut up and play - and crazy enough, some want to be paid for their talent.

AB was - and is - still wanting to play in NE. The decision to get away from that situation was all on the NE side following the impending investigation by the league in relation to ABs DV charges. AB was basically worshipping Belly and Brady, he'd still be there if the DV charges never bubbled up.

I'll give you Haynesworth, I think - I completely forgot he played there.

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So trade a 1st for a one year rental?  I mean, okay, that works for me. 

They'll eventually work something out, just not at a rate commiserate to a upper end QB. His deal will reset the market for a T, sure. But it won't be at $25mm.