Bold Prediction! 🕰️ Redskins will trade Trent Williams to the Patriots by April Fool's Day!

aceinthehouse

On 3/5/2020 at 6:07 PM, bzane said:

Actually, these @aceinthehouse prediction threads are so much fun, and provoke so much discussion, that I was wondering if there could be a new sub-forum created for bold, sexy, and daring predictions!

No but there should be a Ace HOF Thread providing the links to all of his Hot Takes over the years! 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, aceinthehouse said:

LT's are a premium position & worth their weight & value in Gold.

Some google searches quick.

Gold price is around $1674 USD per ounce per live price.

Google search says Trent Williams is 318 lbs.

318 lbs = 5088 ounces.

5088 * 1674 and Trent Williams is worth around 8.5 mil.  He's currently overpaid!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No but there should be a Ace HOF Thread providing the links to all of his Hot Takes over the years! 🍺

Yeah, but most of those hot takes went to the freezers

Edited by Cutler06

13 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

Some google searches quick.

Gold price is around $1674 USD per ounce per live price.

Google search says Trent Williams is 318 lbs.

318 lbs = 5088 ounces.

5088 * 1674 and Trent Williams is worth around 8.5 mil.  He's currently overpaid!

Dang yo, when chemistry is brought into the equation you know it's about to get real!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the clock is ticking & I'm running out of time. 😲

Just a few days left for me on my prediction.

The 2 teams who seem to have the most interest right now are the Vikings & the Browns.

Either way, I care more about getting approriate compensation for Trent Williams, than which team he goes to.

But I would love it, if I got both! 🥂😜

20 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The 2 teams who seem to have the most interest right now are the Vikings & the Browns.

Huh. Really? I thought they might have to cut their starting LT because of cap considerations. Maybe the cuts they've made so far have freed up more space than I thought. Boy, I'd hate for him to go there...

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Huh. Really? I thought they might have to cut their starting LT because of cap considerations. Maybe the cuts they've made so far have freed up more space than I thought. Boy, I'd hate for him to go there...

Vikings are interested in Trent, but are tight with the cap.

They will have to trade Reiff or their FS to help make this happen.

There's also been chatter on how the Redskins can help pay for Trent's salary as part of the trade.

Thus, the reward or compensation for Trent being more, considering his contract demands.

The Patriots are also tight on the cap, I believe.

The only way I get this right, is if they trade OG Thuney (who they franchised) as part of a trade.

Not impossible, but would really come out of nowhere if it did.

But the Vikings, Browns & Texans are the only 3 teams I've read who publicly have expressed interest in Trent Williams. (Some believe Texans are just trying to get Tunsil to sign an offer)

I'm sure there are others we don't know about, or "mystery" teams if you will.

But I think the most likely outcome will be a Draft Day Trade.

Some team misses out on Becton, Wills, Wirff or Thomas, etc. in the draft & makes a draft day trade for Trent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

There's also been chatter on how the Redskins can help pay for Trent's salary as part of the trade.

Thus, the reward or compensation for Trent being more, considering his contract demands.

The only way I get this right, is if they trade OG Thuney (who they franchised) as part of a trade.

But the Vikings, Browns & Texans are the only 3 teams I've read who publicly have expressed interest in Trent Williams. (Some believe Texans are just trying to get Tunsil to sign an offer)

Some team misses out on Becton, Wills, Wirff or Thomas, etc. in the draft & makes a draft day trade for Trent.

The pats dont make any sense now that tom is gone. They dont even have a qb to protect right now.

43 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe the Vikings could include Reiff as part of a Williams trade. Reiff and a fourth, or something. The Vikings aren't giving up any high picks as they multiple players to replace, notably Stefon Diggs. Now that Williams has demanded a trade, it's entirely possible that teams will wait the Redskins out if they're not proactive. And if I ran the Redskins, highly proactive is exactly the mode I'd be in right now. Like, trading the second pick to the Dolphins proactive...