Bold Prediction! 🕰️ Redskins will trade Trent Williams to the Patriots by April Fool's Day!

aceinthehouse

41 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If the Redskins let him rot on the bench, till he's a free agent next year? Then just simply let him walk?

They'll net a 3rd round compensatory draft pick. So that's his minimum value right now, imo.

Jason Peters is a stud, but 38 years old. (Soon to be free agent from Philly on March 18th)

Trent Williams is 32 years old.

That's another positive

Now, Trent had that cancer scare & hasn't played a full 16 game season in a while.

But now, he's had a year off to refresh his body from the impact of football for 16 games.

LT's are a premium position & worth their weight & value in Gold.

Sure, Trent has some red flags. 

Which is why he won't have the value that former Dolphins Laremy Tunsil had, when traded to the Texans. Plus Tunsil is young.

But a healthy Trent, is much better than a healthy Tunsil.

In all actuality?

I think my trade prediction here, is very modest & conservative.

If I'm wrong on his value in my trade prediction?

It won't be because it was too much in the compensation for Trent's services.

It will be because...

It wasn't enough.

I didn't say that he'd continue to hold out. Either he's staying in Washington and playing, or they'll get lower value in return because teams know he doesn't want to play there. It all depends on whether or not Trent wants to play there.

Trent isn't getting a mega deal at 33 years old, you won't get a 3rd round comp.

Jason Peters is getting a 1 or 2 year deal worth 6 Million or less per year. He's ring chasing, and if a team in contention wants him as a 1 or 2 year option with a limited window (say like Pats), he might be a cheaper shorter term alternative. 1:1 I'm taking Trent over him, but Trent would get more Money and more years commitment. It all depends on the situation for which of the two certain teams believe would fit better.

The main two points however are the first two I've made here. Either he's happy and stays in Washington, or unhappy and teams know he's unhappy thus diminishing his value. He's also 33, he won't get a huge deal because teams know his level of play is more likely to decline. Contracts are given based off what teams think you'll be able to do, not what you've done.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I didn't say that he'd continue to hold out. Either he's staying in Washington and playing, or they'll get lower value in return because teams know he doesn't want to play there. It all depends on whether or not Trent wants to play there.

Trent isn't getting a mega deal at 33 years old, you won't get a 3rd round comp.

Jason Peters is getting a 1 or 2 year deal worth 6 Million or less per year. He's ring chasing, and if a team in contention wants him as a 1 or 2 year option with a limited window (say like Pats), he might be a cheaper shorter term alternative. 1:1 I'm taking Trent over him, but Trent would get more Money and more years commitment. It all depends on the situation for which of the two certain teams believe would fit better.

The main two points however are the first two I've made here. Either he's happy and stays in Washington, or unhappy and teams know he's unhappy thus diminishing his value. He's also 33, he won't get a huge deal because teams know his level of play is more likely to decline. Contracts are given based off what teams think you'll be able to do, not what you've done.

He's actually 31.

He'll be 32 in July.

He could give a team 5 more years if he takes care of his body. (Jason Peters is 38)

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

He's actually 31.

He'll be 32 in July.

He could give a team 5 more years if he takes care of his body. (Jason Peters is 38)

Yes, but he'd be 33 by the time he'd start playing on any subsequent deal. Not everyone is going to last until they're 38. Honestly Jason Peters is average, maybe slightly above at this point. Just because you're playing at a high level at 30 (when he last played) doesn't mean you'll be able to do so when you're in your late 30s. Peters really doesn't.

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've read there are 5 teams in on trading for Trent at the moment.

Browns, Jets, Chargers, Texans & Cardinals.

No Pat's at the moment.

Texans don't need him. they had their chance to get him last year and they didn't get him. i highly doubt they would be interested a year later with tunsil and howard as the tackles.

• Like 2

Williams wouldn’t be a Brady-draw. He’d all but guarantee Brady is gone, unless one of the two are willing to take a massive pay cut - which doesn’t appear to be what either want. 

NE isn’t going to operate with no pick in the first two rounds and no cap room (because a Williams+Brady combo would cost $50M+). And Brady isn’t going to be happy coming in with the exact same cast (worse actually, since Ben Watson and Phillip Dorsett will be gone, as little as they contributed). 

• Like 1