2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

From now on I will continually update this page with players the Jets are rumored to be showing interest in just to keep things more organized. 

March 5

• G/C Graham Glasgow is one of the Jets top FA targets, which I have heard for months and was a popular connection at the combine. Many think the Jets will come out of the gates with a big contract which will blow out the competition. Ironically, signing him would not effect any of their free agency plans. He's played all 3 interior line spots at a high level, and the Jets value that versatility. Glasgow is close with current Jets RB coach Jim Bob Cooter, who was his offensive coordinator in Detroit. I think the Jets will want him to play center and lock down the pivot for the next 5 years, but I truly can't say whether or not that's the plan, but that's the best part about signing him. Graham has always been the "I'll play wherever you play me" type, but I wonder if he would prefer to play C if he knew he was getting G money anyway. 
  • RT Jack Conklin is absolutely on the radar, as is LG Joe Thuney. I still don't know what to expect on either front, but many around the league are saying that the Jets view LG Alex Lewis as a starter, which would concern me a bit. I think he's best served as a top-notch backup/spot starter, but the Jets can be angling to add Glasgow, Conklin, and a 1st rounder, with Lewis/Edoga/Winters fighting for 2 spots. Ultimately, I don't think the Jets come away with Conklin... Adam Schefter is the best in the business and he doesn't attach his name to a report unless he absolutely believes it. Tony Pauline has suggested that OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai could be a backup option to Jack Conklin, and they could look into LT George Fant as a swing tackle/spot starter. 
  • The Jets are trying to re-sign WR Robby Anderson. Adam Caplan has heard that should he leave, the Jets will look at WR Breshad Perriman and WR Phillip Dorsett very closely, as well as WR Henry Ruggs and WR KJ Hamler in the draft. There have been media reports connecting the Jets to Ruggs in recent days, and I have heard the Jets-Hamler connection pretty predominantly from friends who were at the combine. 
  • The Jets are in on the free agency CB crop. They're trying to re-sign CB Brian Poole, who was terrific in the slot last year. They are expected to be a finalist for CB Byron Jones per Adam Schefter and CB James Bradberry, and have reported interest in CB Chris Harris. I heard over a month ago that the Jets will be in on CB Trae Waynes and may pay far more than we expect, but I think the Jets have allotted themselves one big contract on defense (either at CB or EDGE), so it may really come down to how they rate the EDGEs with the CBs. 
  • The Jets have been linked to two EDGE rushers in particular: EDGE Matthew Judon and EDGE Dante Fowler. It's very possible they both get franchise tagged, which will complicate things, but it's more likely they would be able to work out a trade with Baltimore for Judon if such were to happen. If they fail to sign an EDGE to a big contract, the expectation is they'll sign a top CB and target EDGE Vic Beasley on a 1 year deal. For what it's worth, I have heard nothing about Jordan Jenkins, so take that how you will. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 3

I have heard Cincinnati for him. I haven't heard the Jets, but that seems popular around the media. One thing that would become clear: if the Jets sign he or Conklin, it would appear that Edoga's time at RT would be done (for now). Maybe they start him at LT and move a 1st round pick inside for a season, but still would significantly diminish Edoga's future as a tackle for this team.

Maccagnan said the Jets felt he could be a T or G when they drafted him and I know for sure that he was Adam Gase's pick, so you have to think that at the very least, Gase will consider him at guard if they do improve both tackle spots in FA/draft. I first heard Gase was all about Edoga at least year's senior bowl, and I'm not sure he'll be ready to give up on him. Still, I think the best thing the Jets could do is bring in a bunch of talent and fight it out in training camp. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Trade for Trent, sign Glasgow, re-sign Lewis(He’s def a starter this was his first year back from injury iirc), draft a Rookie and sign Looney(familiar with Pollack)

Trent-Lewis-Looney-Glasgow-Rookie

• re-sign Robby Anderson (average $13 million APY max) 
  • trade 2(48) to WAS for LT Trent Williams ($20 million APY max 2-3 year "extension")
  • sign G/C Graham Glasgow ($14 million APY max) 
  • draft Andrew Thomas/Jedrick Wills at 11 - will play LG or RT 
  • draft two receivers in the 3rd round 

Me: 

Image result for party gif

• Like 4

As great of an ot class this is, the thought of say getting Trent Williams for say a 3rd and then will most definitely have atleast one or Potentially both Jeudy and Lamb available at 11 is pretty intriguing 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

As great of an ot class this is, the thought of say getting Trent Williams for say a 3rd and then will most definitely have atleast one or Potentially both Jeudy and Lamb available at 11 is pretty intriguing 

You really want to win now? Add him and one of these premier OTs. The offensive line is key to winning. As much as the idea of adding a receiver could be tantalizing, re-signing Anderson and drafting receivers in round 2/3 plus Crowder, Bell, and a healthy Herndon with 23 year old Darnold throwing them the ball is plenty enough firepower behind a stacked offensive line. We’d be in contention next year no doubt. 

Bills, Browns, DolphinsJets, and Vikings are the teams to watch for in the Trent Williams sweepstakes. 

Vikings are a team who wants to improve at tackle by swapping out Riley Reiff if it means getting a top-notch player. 

Rams are a wild-card; they're fully expected to re-sign Whitworth but maybe they reconsider?

I don't see the Giants landing him. 

51 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Bills, Browns, DolphinsJets, and Vikings are the teams to watch for in the Trent Williams sweepstakes. 

Vikings are a team who wants to improve at tackle by swapping out Riley Reiff if it means getting a top-notch player. 

Rams are a wild-card; they're fully expected to re-sign Whitworth but maybe they reconsider?

I don't see the Giants landing him. 

Gross.   I want no part of Williams.   Guy was a great player but he's had trouble staying on the field and has barely played much football in the last few years.   Even if he comes in and is his old self,  he's going on 32, how long before he drops off??  Jason Peters is a rare rare dude