2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 hour ago, xrade said:

As a CCW license holder, there are states that have reciprocity with the state that the CCW is issued and states that do not.  NY typically does not except under very limited circumstances which I am sure Williams does not qualify.  That said, it is up to the CCW holder to know where he can and can not bring his firearm.  Also, being a permit or CCW holder DOES NOT give the right to carry on an aircraft - period.  The only way is to have the unloaded firearm locked in an approved case stowed in your luggage and checked in baggage, ammo must be separate.  Even then he may be questioned which is why it would have behooved him the check with the airline first.

Williams is an idiot.

There are solid recylcing systems for glass and aluminum everywhere in US and yet we still throw beer can or pop glass on the roadside.   We humans are always idiots.

Still, why do people still try to beat the odds at airport? 

55 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

back to FA topic.

I understand that there was a rumor some time in the past said Jets won't pursue Clowney.   Still no, now?

Money bring a factor... I want Fowler as my 1st option at edge and than Beasley as a fallback option.

It didn’t turn out the way we could’ve wanted with CJ Mosley, but the thought process was sound: sign a guy you know is going to be a stud, regardless of position. Instead of just throwing money at a position, I hope the Jets take that approach.

As much as there may be some trepidation to sign another 27 year old corner to big money, Byron Jones is that player for me. Tireless worker and true leader. What’s more? Unlike the Johnson’s and Xavier Rhodes’s of the world - is that he’s shown he can be an elite safety. If/when he starts to show decline, can move him inside to FS. I know we have Maye but gotta be honest with ourselves: there’s only so much to go around. The chances of signing Adams and Maye long-term deal next offseason are slim.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

It didn’t turn out the way we could’ve wanted with CJ Mosley, but the thought process was sound: sign a guy you know is going to be a stud, regardless of position. Instead of just throwing money at a position, I hope the Jets take that approach.

As much as there may be some trepidation to sign another 27 year old corner to big money, Byron Jones is that player for me. Tireless worker and true leader. What’s more? Unlike the Johnson’s and Xavier Rhodes’s of the world - is that he’s shown he can be an elite safety. If/when he starts to show decline, can move him inside to FS. I know we have Maye but gotta be honest with ourselves: there’s only so much to go around. The chances of signing Adams and Maye long-term deal next offseason are slim.

I just don’t have CB as a “huge” need for us. More luxury than anything. OL, WR and Edge are bigger needs IMO. And there’s plenty of guys there that deserve “stud” money. I’d be pretty pissed if we elected to pay a CB big money instead of OL and Edge. I don’t include WR in that bc I think only Cooper is worth big money. Hence why I’m so against paying Robby (imo isn’t close to worth the numbers being floated around for him).

All this being said assuming we resign Poole and Canady. I think a cheap vet on the outside is just fine for us. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Money bring a factor... I want Fowler as my 1st option at edge and than Beasley as a fallback option.

I dont trust fowler. Same way I dont trust bud Dupree.

Aaron Donald opens up A TON of holes for other guys. As does Watt. I think fowler will disappoint without such a supporting cast. 

I'd prefer to try and trade a conditional pick for Barrett (I'd love to see us swap 1sts with TB for him) or Ngakoue.

I know fowler prob deserves more credits (he did have 8 with the jags in 17) but hes too volatile to give big money too. For 7-8 mil a yr, sure... but I'm sure he'll demand 10+ a yr. 

FWIW, both my big time connections in the industry said they believe the Jets are the team who ultimately land Trent Williams.

Compensation is expected to be a 2nd or two 3rd round picks. If a 2nd is included there’s a chance a pick comes back in return. 

The word is they will seek a 3 year extension, which would leave him under contract for 4 seasons. Seeking fair market value in his return contract, but what’s more important to him is getting out of WAS. The number CAA guy said: $17.5-18.5M APY.

might have to make changes to my mock

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

FWIW, both my big time connections in the industry said they believe the Jets are the team who ultimately land Trent Williams.

Compensation is expected to be a 2nd or two 3rd round picks. If a 2nd is included there’s a chance a pick comes back in return. 

The word is they will seek a 3 year extension, which would leave him under contract for 4 seasons. Seeking fair market value in his return contract, but what’s more important to him is getting out of WAS. The number CAA guy said: $17.5-18.5M APY.

I'd be furious if we gave up a premium pick for a 31 yr old who hadnt played at all last year. 

We already got burned on that Bell contract. Dont want to see us make the same exact mistake 2 seasons in a row with two different gms. 

31 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I'd start tooi be pretty suspect of JD if we give up a 2nd for an old injury prone LT who didn't even play last year.   Even 2 3rds seems like am over pay.   When are we finally going to build through the damn draft.   We always end up with less than 7 picks,  no wonder we can't accrue young talent. 

43 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

If true. We have to go WR at 11 IMO. Bc that would make it where we didn’t address WR considerably in FA or the 1st or 2nd Round. Can’t keep relying on mid late rounders to be good for a hopeful franchise QB