2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Just read a report that NO ONE is giving Robby an offer. They think he would be lick to land 11 mill a year. The jets are the only ones showing interest I him. I think we might get him for 7 or 8 mill. I think it will be a 1 year deal and Anderson going to try and ball out to go big next year. His window for a big contract is almost closing. Big contract I mean the 11-15 mill for 4 or 5 years. 

I'm hoping we bring him back + draft someone on the opposite side of him. He has made plays in one of the worst QB situations I've seen in a while. He's played with McCown, Hackenberg, Petty, Falk, and dealt with Darnold's ghost phase. If he returns and Darnold stay healthy, he's going to have a big year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

How does one “wait the virus out”?

I don't think when to sign will make any difference financially so he isn't in a hurry to sign contract now.  Once society restriction lets up meeting in person may improve $$.

35 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I don't think when to sign will make any difference financially so he isn't in a hurry to sign contract now.  Once society restriction lets up meeting in person may improve $$.

Sincerely doubt this has any bearing. These restrictions aren’t being uplifted anytime soon

The issue with not addressing edge at all (actually downgrading bc we haven't resigned Jenkins) is that it becomes just as big of a hole on this team as OL and WR. Making to to where it makes us not address the other 2 with valuable picks. For example we go OT at 11 and then go Edge at 48. Now we aren't addressing WR to at earliest Round 3 with a very dwindled down WR group by then (there could be 15-20 WRs gone by our 3rd rounder easily.

Just my opinion but if that deal actually happened I wouldn’t be opposed to going WR there instead then using our next 2 picks on OL. Like go Denzel Mims, Ezra Cleveland, Matt Hennessy, and Bryan Edwards as our first 4 picks.