2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

We’ve never seen Robby in a good situation, so its impossible to judge yet what he is really capable of

For an undrafted guy to be thrusted into the #1 WR role and have had to work with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Josh Mccown, Luke Falk, and Sam Darnold, hes been pretty damn good.  Not to mention being a stretch the field guy working with olines who cant block for two seconds consistently 

Ideally he is a big time #2, take the top off guy as a real # 1 takes most of the focus and I think he would be great, 1000+ a year guy

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Let’s not get picky. Robby and Crowder both have a place as starters. And are probably equally important. We need them both and another guy that can attack all levels and take a screen to the house. 

Well, looks like we pretty have have to retain Q so if he is healthy he is the type of YAC guy that Gase values.... he just needs to stay on the field which seems unlikely.  

I'd still want us to at least draft 2 WR's

24 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Well, looks like we pretty have have to retain Q so if he is healthy he is the type of YAC guy that Gase values.... he just needs to stay on the field which seems unlikely.  

I'd still want us to at least draft 2 WR's

I’ve put Q at the back of my mind. I’ve forgotten about him. Such an unfortunate career.

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

they didnt cut him today, so they expect him to be back to contributing next season

Since he hasn’t been medically cleared, doesn’t that effectively make his contract guaranteed though? I was under the impression that if they cut him, they would have to pay him since he hasn’t been cleared to play.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Since he hasn’t been medically cleared, doesn’t that effectively make his contract guaranteed though? I was under the impression that if they cut him, they would have to pay him since he hasn’t been cleared to play.

I would think since he was not cleared that were on the hook no matter what as of today - since the guarantee was for injury only prior to today..  So no sense in cutting him and perhaps can reach and injury settlement if her can't get cleared or wants to go elsewhere.

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I would think since he was not cleared that were on the hook no matter what as of today - since the guarantee was for injury only prior to today..  So no sense in cutting him and perhaps can reach and injury settlement if her can't get cleared or wants to go elsewhere.

Gotcha so if he can’t pass his physical he has to give that 6mill back? When does he take the physical? June 1st?

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gotcha so if he can’t pass his physical he has to give that 6mill back? When does he take the physical? June 1st?

No I take it because he can't pass a physical if we released him we would have to pay him 6 mill no matter what since it is guaranteed for injury. If he could have passed a physical before today then we could have released him and saved the space.  If he cant pass a physical or our physical we maybe able to reach an injury settlement but given his injury I think that is a long shot.  Basically I am thinking we are stuck with him absent an injury settlement.  Not 100% sure but that is my take.  

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

No I take it because he can't pass a physical if we released him we would have to pay him 6 mill no matter what since it is guaranteed for injury. If he could have passed a physical before today then we could have released him and saved the space.  If he cant pass a physical or our physical we maybe able to reach an injury settlement but given his injury I think that is a long shot.  Basically I am thinking we are stuck with him absent an injury settlement.  Not 100% sure but that is my take.  

You’re take is correct. We have to pay him no matter what. From here he either doesn’t get healthy/retires, gets healthy and Jets keep him, or the Jets cut him. Since you’re paying him, no reason to cut him until after TC

As far as the Robby vs Crowder argument: neither is better than one another imo. They each do different things and scheme would dictate who is more important. Imo, Crowder is more significant to the offense in his role. I think Robby would be easier to replace than Crowder would, and Crowder is kind of the engine that makes the passing game go. That said, since they’re both limited to specific roles, I think the Jets desperately need to add a Z/versatile receivers who can play all 3 spots

• Like 6