2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

26 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

No one and guys don’t want Clowney. It’s clear he’s not getting big money or a long term deal. So under the circumstances I don’t see how we can say no if Douglas brings him in. 

Depends what you mean by big money.   I think he'll still beat Fowler's contract.   That's pretty big

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Depends what you mean by big money.   I think he'll still beat Fowler's contract.   That's pretty big

Really? Teams can’t get his medicals and money will dry up soon with guarantees starting to hit for current contracts. Teams will begin filling out their rosters and also remember you need money for your draft picks. 

Big money to me is the 18-20 million number being thrown around. 

I think if you can get him at a reasonable price, Joe D should be exploring the option of signing Markus Golden. He had 12.5 sacks in 2016 but then tore his ACL in 2017 and struggled in 2018. He looked more like his 2016 self this past season with 10 sacks and finished 19th in pass rush productivity for all edge rushers.

It certainly seems like the market for Golden and Jenkins isn’t what a lot of people expected. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 2

I’d love Clowney on a 1yr deal as there’s legit no downside to it. However I don’t think we will get it done. I’ve resigned myself that we won’t get that edge player we’ve craved for for years. 

So instead I’d rather sign 2/3 guys who can all get after the passer. 1 or 2yr deals max and just groom our young guys. 

Any combo of Golden, Ansah, Curry, Griffin etc. Maybe quantity over quality at least we’d have a pass rush. Just not the flashy pass rush we were hoping for. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Who do we have at edge??

I really thought that Jordan Willis would be an 8-12 sack OLB but it looks like Cinncy had him gain weight and play on the DL. I’m hoping he can lose some weight and regain the twitch that he showed at the combine

2 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I think if you can get him at a reasonable price, Joe D should be exploring the option of signing Markus Golden. He had 12.5 sacks in 2016 but then tore his ACL in 2017 and struggled in 2018. He looked more like his 2016 self this past season with 10 sacks and finished 19th in pass rush productivity for all edge rushers.

It certainly seems like the market for Golden and Jenkins isn’t what a lot of people expected. 

Golden is a guy I want to check out, he had nice pass rushing stats last season. When healthy he can get after it.

• Like 1

Markus Golden is tough to figure out.  He has played well in James Bettcher's system only.  He was about to get feeling on different scheme but got hurt back in Arizona.  If JD continues doing the same FA business with Golden I don't see why not.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It would infuriate me to see Wirfs go one pick before us lol

If we drafted Wirfs I think we'd see him as more of a pulling guard.   Which is fine as it sounds as if that role had importance in a Gase offense.   As much as I want to go O I'd have a hard time being too upset with taking one of the big name WRs