2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Very happy with Jenkins coming back especially at that number. We still need someone on the other side. I've lost some hope in signing Clowney or trading for Yannick. At this point I'd like to see a short term deal for Everson Griffin, he's a little older but I think he has a couple years left in the tank and he'd be a good veteran presence for the younger guys. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Jimmy Smith back to the Ravens and Q. Dunbar traded to the Seahawks for a 5th (!).

Would love to see Joe double dip at corner and sign someone like Breeland.

Man Jimmy Smith was cheap all things considered. Darby is still out there.
The way JD is negotiating I can see him getting Darby to pay us to play! 
Id there anyone on the Texans roster we can try and fleece a deal for? BoB is ruining them 

^ It does seem too clear to be a coincidence. It's as if we grabbed all of the free agents, brought them up on pro football reference, sorted by descending order of penalties, and started signing. I mean, there are worse ways of handling free agency.

Also suggests to me that we won't sign Clowney (12 penalties last year). Ngakoue had 4 (2 roughing the passer). Jason Peters had 10. Ronald Darby had 0. Logan Ryan had 10. So, we're signing Darby. Clearly.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:02 PM, Greene N White said:

I think everyone’s overreacting. We missed out on one lineman, Thuney got tagged, Clowney and Fowler are still out there and it’s not like we were gonna trade a first for diggs. We still got an entire offseason ahead of us. Idzik and mac screwed us by spending too big in the off-season.

Said this a few days back when everyone was bugging. Patience is key. Douglas is doing a fantastic job imo 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I still say just get Darby for cheap

I’d prioritize Jason Peters over Darby. Peters was solid last season, can be a stop gap and is willing to play LT or RT. Good leader for the new OLine.

10 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Very happy with Jenkins coming back especially at that number. We still need someone on the other side. I've lost some hope in signing Clowney or trading for Yannick. At this point I'd like to see a short term deal for Everson Griffin, he's a little older but I think he has a couple years left in the tank and he'd be a good veteran presence for the younger guys. 

I actually think Yannick is still possible.

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

Said this a few days back when everyone was bugging. Patience is key. Douglas is doing a fantastic job imo 

Your right patience is key. I would of liked to address the edge and wr position more however. 

We didn’t have a proper pass rush last year. With JJ coming back I feel it’s a necessity to get a pass rusher opposite him. 

Even if Robby comes back I’d love us to double dip in the draft, like 2nd and 3rd round receivers. Trading for Cooks would be a good deal if we didn’t have to spend a significant pick. 

Still very early in the off season though. 

Edited by xenajets