2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Your right patience is key. I would of liked to address the edge and wr position more however. 

We didn’t have a proper pass rush last year. With JJ coming back I feel it’s a necessity to get a pass rusher opposite him. 

Even if Robby comes back I’d love us to double dip in the draft, like 2nd and 3rd round receivers. Trading for Cooks would be a good deal if we didn’t have to spend a significant pick. 

Still very early in the off season though. 

I def think he's trying, just because we would do something doesn't mean we can. I wanna bring in Demarcus Robinson and bring Robby back on a short term deal.

Based on hearing how negotiations have gone so far. I imagine we have a 1yr offer on the table for Robby at like 8-9mill (maybe not even that). And he’s just not happy at all with that. But no one else is offering him anything really. Maybe just keeping in contact with him, but no concrete offer. Jets can’t retract their offer bc after all we need 2-3 WRs really bad. So it’s a matter of Robby making a decision. I don’t see a team magically offering him a bigger deal though.

In the end I think he takes our 1yr deal for A LOT less than we all thought. (Some had him maybe getting 14-15mill).

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Based on hearing how negotiations have gone so far. I imagine we have a 1yr offer on the table for Robby at like 8-9mill (maybe not even that). And he’s just not happy at all with that. But no one else is offering him anything really. Maybe just keeping in contact with him, but no concrete offer. Jets can’t retract their offer bc after all we need 2-3 WRs really bad. So it’s a matter of Robby making a decision. I don’t see a team magically offering him a bigger deal though.

In the end I think he takes our 1yr deal for A LOT less than we all thought. (Some had him maybe getting 14-15mill).

Which some knew was ridiculous. No way he was worth that even in a weak market. Especially with this draft class.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Which some knew was ridiculous. No way he was worth that even in a weak market. Especially with this draft class.

And this was my stance before even knowing the market. I said months ago, Don't offer him a dime more than 10mill and walk away if the market is even 10.5mill for him. A LOT were OK with giving him more than that. But I'd imagine since he hasn't signed yet, that his value right now isn't even 10mill. My guess is around the 7-9mill range (more than likely the lower side of this).

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And this was my stance before even knowing the market. I said months ago, Don't offer him a dime more than 10mill and walk away if the market is even 10.5mill for him. A LOT were OK with giving him more than that. But I'd imagine since he hasn't signed yet, that his value right now isn't even 10mill. My guess is around the 7-9mill range (more than likely the lower side of this).

It’s definitely a humbling experience for him. 

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

This situation was pretty much already known.

What people aren't talking about is what he and Washington are running into, is similar to that of the WR FA market. It's a very good OT draft class, so teams aren't going to give up valuable assets AND have to pay Williams when they can get a good young OT in the draft and at a significantly less price. So a couple things might have to happen for a trade to go down.

1st: Washington has to lower their asking price. They apparently want a 2nd (or the equivalent to a 2nd) for him. That's not going to happen.

2nd: Williams is going to have to lower his asking price. At his age, out a year, not able to pass a physical and injury history... he will have to take less than what he thinks he's worth.

Trent Williams news is the jolt that may push them to move him. 

Redskins have been the biggest impediment from a trade. The rumors I've heard from a source that ties back to Scot McCloughan is that the Redskins are shooting high realizing that they can get more for him closer to draft-day as teams begin to get a clearer picture of what T options will be available for them in the draft. While this makes sense for the Redskins, it has the Williams' camp furious because a lot of teams have already maxed out their bankroll and will be less willing to pay Williams via extension. 

Still think the Jets will remain involved despite their free agency additions, but the Bucs and the Chargers are teams on the horizon. I felt the Jets were the favorite, but that all changed when Brady went to TB. Washington would rather send him to an AFC team, but I feel like they'll be the most willing to give up compensation. Not sure what the deal is in Cleveland, but have to include them as a potential option. 

12 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Trent Williams news is the jolt that may push them to move him. 

Redskins have been the biggest impediment from a trade. The rumors I've heard from a source that ties back to Scot McCloughan is that the Redskins are shooting high realizing that they can get more for him closer to draft-day as teams begin to get a clearer picture of what T options will be available for them in the draft. While this makes sense for the Redskins, it has the Williams' camp furious because a lot of teams have already maxed out their bankroll and will be less willing to pay Williams via extension. 

Still think the Jets will remain involved despite their free agency additions, but the Bucs and the Chargers are teams on the horizon. I felt the Jets were the favorite, but that all changed when Brady went to TB. Washington would rather send him to an AFC team, but I feel like they'll be the most willing to give up compensation. Not sure what the deal is in Cleveland, but have to include them as a potential option. 

I agree

I don't see him as an option anymore, especially at that price-tag

Is Jason Peters still good? Might be a good idea to get him on a 1 year deal. Even if we draft Wills or Whirfs, we can put them at guard before moving them to tackle in 2021. In the event a OT we like is not on the board, we can go WR and get a OT in round 2. That OT can sit behind Peters for a year before being put out there. 

Im no longer as big of a fan of getting Trent since it requires a longer commitment.

Edited by SDotNova

17 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I agree

I don't see him as an option anymore, especially at that price-tag

If the jets miss out on all 4 top OT's, would you rather trade down for Jones or trade a 2nd for William's and draft at WR at 11?

Serious question guys.... cause that may be the choice JD is left with....

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Is Jason Peters still good? Might be a good idea to get him on a 1 year deal. Even if we draft Wills or Whirfs, we can put them at guard before moving them to tackle in 2021. In the event a OT we like is not on the board, we can go WR and get a OT in round 2. That OT can sit behind Peters for a year before being put out there. 

Im no longer as big of a fan of getting Trent since it requires a longer commitment.

Graded out very well last year but father time remains undefeated so you have to wonder if a dramatic decline is on the horizon. The guy is 38..

Having said that, he's supposedly beloved by players and coaches alike. If Douglas is set on establishing a culture, I'm not sure there was ever a better option than Peters.