2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Robby was our best WR and now he's gone, that much is true, but he's better off in Carolina. He can't be the focal point of an offense; he's just not that type of a receiver. In Carolina, he'll have more 1v1 match-ups where he can take the top off defenses and won't be leaned on to run the more physical routes. With Darnold's terrible deep ball, and Gase's refusal to tailor his offense to his players, he's frankly wasted here in NY.

ET6Fx93WsAAMaWm?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You would have thought we lost Randy Moss Lol. Relax guys. Sam’s issue last year wasn’t weapons, it was protection. 

Not upset about missing out on him. Upset what our WR group looks pike. And there’s not a guy in FA that will change my opinion on that. I don’t value any of the remaining FAs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He was too inconsistent, hardly fought for the ball, didn't help his QB out much with making adjustments or  winning contested grabs. He had nice deep speed, but that was literally his only good quality. He did nothing else as a WR.  You can find other WRs that can run deep. Perriman can. 

Crowder could have had a 1,000 yards if Darnold never missed games. Hes a better WR than Kerley was.

This WR is gonna produce quite a few WRs who are better than Anderson and bring more to a team. Anderson would have been a nice 3rd option, but I'm not losing sleep just because he went elsewhere. 

Watch other WRs the way they can win contested grabs and bail out a QB, Anderson was the opposite. Hes a solid deep threat, but that was it and its why he would disappear often. And he was no Randy Moss at going deep either. 

Such a lazy/uninformed take, no offense. 

For starters, he had elite speed, not just "nice" (Yes, there's a difference). He was exceptional at tracking the ball, arguably his best quality and what really separates him from other fast guys who can run deep. He also had above average hands and was an improved route runner - Speaking of which, there are nuances to running deep and Robby deserves credit for his ability to run a go route despite how simple it might seem to the average fan.

Losing Robby isn't the end of the world in that it won't make or break this season but let's not act like we're so spoiled with talent that "Robby would have been a nice 3rd option" lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, NJC33 said:

Such a lazy/uninformed take, no offense. 

For starters, he had elite speed, not just "nice" (Yes, there's a difference). He was exceptional at tracking the ball, arguably his best quality and what really separates him from other fast guys who can run deep. He also had above average hands and was an improved route runner - Speaking of which, there are nuances to running deep and Robby deserves credit for his ability to run a go route despite how simple it might seem to the average fan.

Losing Robby isn't the end of the world in that it won't make or break this season but let's not act like we're so spoiled with talent that "Robby would have been a nice 3rd option" lol. 

Actually mad funny

And unless they trade for Trent Williams, I honestly dont even see them addressing WR that early

I think it would go 

OT in the 1st

Edge in the 2nd

And then WR in the 3rd, potentially even a double dip at WR in the 3rd

Just now, Abe56 said:

And unless they trade for Trent Williams, I honestly dont even see them addressing WR that early

I think it would go 

OT in the 1st

Edge in the 2nd

Do we go OT @ 11 and then utilize those extra Day 2 picks to move up and select Ruggs (assuming he doesn't go in the teens) ? Hrm

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Do we go OT @ 11 and then utilize those extra Day 2 picks to move up and select Ruggs (assuming he doesn't go in the teens) ? Hrm

Dont think that would be realistic unless they trade a future 1st

😐
Just now, Abe56 said:

I think it would go 

OT in the 1st

Edge in the 2nd

I'm actually scared of this IF we don't add another starting vet that would really help Darnold. I don't mind double-dipping in the draft, but hoping that 2 rookie 3rd round WR's are ready to become starters, learn the system, and help Darnold this year is a lot to put on them so early. Darnold really needs the help out there. 

11 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

I think it would go 

OT in the 1st

Edge in the 2nd

I’d love to know what WRs will be left by then. Lol

Maybe Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hensen...

or Jalen Saunders & Shaq Evans....

oh wait...