2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Our schedule also got easier we have to keep in mind. Trust me I think Darnold will be good. Maybe even great. But he’s going to need help to get there. He’s not good enough on his own to get to good/great surrounded by average. Not at this stage (or age) at least. 

What you say is very true, how does a 22 year old QB become elite when he is playing with second tier OL & WR's. That is why I have been pushing so hard for a top WR in the draft. I don't see any way Douglas is going to trade down, unless some team wants to give away the store to get a QB with our 11 overall pick in the draft. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

@jetskid007
C’mon bro we have like 24 days until the draft.....I think I speak for all of us when I say your input, analysis and inside sources would be greatly missed. 

We are like a big dysfunctional family; some times people will annoy each other etc but we are all in it together through thick and thin (mostly thick as we are Jet fans) 

Facts. I was destroyed for supporting Gase last year, rightfully so at times, its tough but we're all mostly passionate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Word for the dedicated posters on here who will listen lol:

Anyone who says they would like "any one" of the media consensus top rated prospects in the draft simply isn't very informed. Scheme and fit play into it, and there are players that the media has rated outside of their top 8, top 10, top 12 that will go a lot higher on draft day and will end up being better players than the consensus leads you to beleive. Not everyone has the time, effort, or attention to follow prospects and develop their own analysis for players and that's OK, but don't let these people post with a sense of entitlement as if they're actually doing the research, actually watching the tape, actually reading the reports; don't let them get away with acting like they know what their talking about when they don't. Instead, be open with what you believe and why you believe it. Challenge those people to put up better content. Respect those who have their own beliefs but demand they provide good, insightful reasons for them. 

Best practice: ask a person why they like a specific player and what they don't like about that player. Ask why they think that player fits with the Jets. Ask why they have a certain opinion. It usually separates those who know what they're talking about, i.e. @Rockice_8 who has been giving some input on why he ranks his players the way he does and honest assessments of attributes he really likes (i.e. the desire to have Ruggs - for the record, my emotional side feels the same way and I somewhat selfishly wish that the OL class wasn't so strong- I want nothing more than to see those 50+ yard TDs, but conventional wisdom says OL is the better way to go), which are clearly uninfluenced by popular opinion or perceived need whether you agree with him or not. He does a good job of expressing the specific trait that is appealing about a player and how they can fit with this team, and why he likes one prospect over another. Short and sweet analysis like that make it clear who the good posters are from those who are phonies and simply base their desires off of fantasy and "lists" and "big boards", which so conveniently change by the day. 

We're all Jets fans in here, but the reason I chose this board over others was because it wasn't like what twitter is today: one sentence BS filled with sensationalist attitudes, criticism, no depth and nothing but negativity. Be like Rockice. Appreciate guys like Rockice. @NewAgeand I used to have good philosophical discussions about the game- didn't always agree, but the opinions were informed and were sound. Same can be said for @jetsfan4life51, @ekill08x (who was certainly the biggest pessimist on here, but 10 years later turned out to be very right lol), @TheChad who like Chad Pennington, seems to be a quiet observer and then drops a very good post, @KingOfTheDot who has been putting some very good stuff out there, @JetsandI - who I could swear has been on here as like 8 different users - but not positive, @mattmanz91@Spiel612 who used to be GREAT, @BlaZeN37 who I've worked with many times on FFMD, as well as @Bianconero, @Dr.O, @MoLewis57, @Jag68Sid87, @xenajets... there are tons of guys and the list goes on and on. Will always love the old FF, just doesn't seem the content it's nearly as good today as it was back then, despite the upgrades to the site. 

But point is, appreciate the good content, appreciate the people who have original ideas and posts, appreciate those with informed opinions.

It's OK to have an opinion- no one can take that away from you- but I respect those who at least post an informed one. 

Feel free to DM for my instagram or twitter, where I may begin be posting more Jet related stuff- possibly consolidated in another blog until this goddman quarantine is over. 

Otherwise, I may be around from time to time in the NFL General/NFL Draft sections, or like I said DM me (it goes to my email so I'll see it).

Signing off for now!

✌🏼

I just started reading and posting here.  One of the several reasons I decided to participate is that I liked your posts among several others here.  Now you are leaving?  Well that sucks.   I wish you good health and sorry to see you go, Jets brother.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dr.O said:

How big of a gap duo you guys believe it’s is for the Tier 1OT(Wills/Wirfs/Thomas/Jones/Becton) vs the tier 2OT(Jackson/Cleveland/Wilson/Peart,ect ) against the gap of the tier 1 WRs(Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy) vs Tier 2(Aiyuk/Mims/Jefferson/Higgins/Raegor/DPJ,ect)?

This.  I see a much bigger drop off between the 1st and 2nd tier WRs than I see between the 1st and 2nd tier OTs.

I've mocked both ways and always feel better going WR at 11 and OT at 48.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dcat said:

This.  I see a much bigger drop off between the 1st and 2nd tier WRs than I see between the 1st and 2nd tier OTs.

Me as well. Especially with guys like Becton and Jackson who are projects. Maybe not even Day 1 starters. For Becton it’s how raw he is and for Jackson is his strength enough yet. Where I feel Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs will all be great. After that it’s a matter of what system, who’s at QB, etc if the others will succeed. I do think the situation for a WR can dictate their success more so than any other position (CB can be a victim to this big time too). I think we’ve created a situation though now where we can make a WR worth drafted high. On others years we might have ruined that WR. If you’re not understanding what I’m exactly saying it’s this... I don’t think Davante Adams would be who he is today if he was drafted by us. But having the situation he was in and Rodgers made him great. There’s several others I can name off as well. And sometimes it goes the other way. I don’t think Matt Ryan would be who he is today without Julio. I think Dalton only started as long as he did bc AJ helped him so much, etc.

Point being... I think we are at a place where we can get a WR high (Round 1 or 2) and it wouldn’t be wasting that guys talent with a shaky QB and system.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dcat said:

Same. It’s a “deep WR class” but that doesn’t equate to mid tier WRs having the same ceiling as those top 3 elite tier guys imo. Tbh, it’s a “deep class” more so to a team that already has at least 1 WR long term that can use a complimentary guy on the other side. We need more than complimentary.

• Like 2

The thing about some of these WRs is we are desperately in need of a WR to come in start day 1 and be good. We can't afford to take a risk on a guy who might take a year to develop. 

If we have our choice of Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy at #11, I'm taking one. Both are instant upgrades at WR and would be our #1 right away. 

I don't think the top OTs fall to us. Wills is the main one who I think can be a day 1 starter and play at a high level. Wirfs too but Wirfs has technique issues and will struggle at first with pass protection.  Becton seems okay, but I don't see him dominating. 

Andrew Thomas has fallen for some reason, but I may just take the better players which could be WR if Jeudy and Lamb are there. Plus it fills a huge need. 

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1