2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah if there’s anything I’ve learned in my years of following the draft is that the closer you get to the draft the more inaccurate the rumors become. Why would any team in their right mind openly broadcast what their true intentions are? I always find myself saying I should’ve mocked what made the most logical sense.

I found it interesting.  Considering JD thinks there arent enough quality OLineman in the nfl, that would also signify that we (the media, ect) may be assuming hed be happy with any of the top 4. From this, I'd think there maybe only 3-4 OT's that JD really likes and they MAY NOT be the top 4 consensus guys. 

Plenty of times the media has a 5th round grade on someone and we find that nfl teams had 1st to 2nd round grades on the same player. 

My guess is that of the top 4, only Wirfs and Wills are really kn JD's radar. But that's a guess. 

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah if there’s anything I’ve learned in my years of following the draft is that the closer you get to the draft the more inaccurate the rumors become. Why would any team in their right mind openly broadcast what their true intentions are? I always find myself saying I should’ve mocked what made the most logical sense.

Very true... hell even the Bengals haven't admitted to liking Burrow..... i mean.... they have the #1 pick and he is clearly the pick

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

I found it interesting.  Considering JD thinks there arent enough quality OLineman in the nfl, that would also signify that we (the media, ect) may be assuming hed be happy with any of the top 4. From this, I'd think there maybe only 3-4 OT's that JD really likes and they MAY NOT be the top 4 consensus guys. 

Plenty of times the media has a 5th round grade on someone and we find that nfl teams had 1st to 2nd round grades on the same player. 

My guess is that of the top 4, only Wirfs and Wills are really kn JD's radar. But that's a guess. 

JDs type and system now are athletic guys that can be maulers and can play multiple positions. As you said that doesn’t mean that he’s just talking about the guys at the top of the draft when he said his comment. He might think a guy rated as the 9th best OT fits his type for all we know.

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JDs type and system now are athletic guys that can be maulers and can play multiple positions. As you said that doesn’t mean that he’s just talking about the guys at the top of the draft when he said his comment. He might think a guy rated as the 9th best OT fits his type for all we know.

Seattle has made a living off of having a type that other teams don’t look for. This gives you more opportunity to build your team up because you aren’t competing for the same guys as others. New England is similar. 

I like this approach honestly, less overall misses because we strictly targeting guys who do what we need beyond the traditional approach. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Seattle has made a living off of having a type that other teams don’t look for. This gives you more opportunity to build your team up because you aren’t competing for the same guys as others. New England is similar. 

I like this approach honestly, less overall misses because we strictly targeting guys who do what we need beyond the traditional approach. 

The danger is Gase shouldn’t have any job security. Where if we cater a whole offensive roster to him and then fire him in 2 years. We are then left with “his” players and they might not fit a system brought in by someone else.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The danger is Gase shouldn’t have any job security. Where if we cater a whole offensive roster to him and then fire him in 2 years. We are then left with “his” players and they might not fit a system brought in by someone else.

Why shouldn’t he have job security? You gotta give him some time to put it all together. It’s not a 1or 2 season thing. Unless you see an epic collapse or something catastrophic you keep building.

Your head coach walking on egg shells won’t do the team any justice. That’s not a recipe for success. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Why shouldn’t he have job security? You gotta give him some time to put it all together. It’s not a 1or 2 season thing. Unless you see an epic collapse or something catastrophic you keep building.

Your head coach walking on egg shells won’t do the team any justice. That’s not a recipe for success. 

I'm with you. I want Gase gone (and never wanted him here), but him being on the hot seat isn't going to help us. We've already made this bed and now we have to lie in it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s why I said after 3 seasons. If he can’t get our offense going, he needs to go. Especially having a young QB to mold to what he wanted for those years. Trust me I hope he succeeds. And we have a great match from GM/HC/QB /Offense.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s why I said after 3 seasons. If he can’t get our offense going, he needs to go. Especially having a young QB to mold to what he wanted for those years. Trust me I hope he succeeds. And we have a great match from GM/HC/QB /Offense.

Yeah year 3 should be the year no excuses outside of injuries to Sam or other key guys. This is year 1 for me personally just because of everything that happened last year. That was years of ineptitude finally hitting us where it hurts. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Seattle have just signed a defensive end maybe signalling their intent to move on from Clowney. Will be so interesting to find out the eventual team he signs for and the contract.  

I think we are in on him. Just doesn’t seem like JD to overpay for him. Which clearly it’s all about money for Clowney.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we are in on him. Just doesn’t seem like JD to overpay for him. Which clearly it’s all about money for Clowney.

Which is why I want absolutely nothing to do with this guy. If it’s a one year deal that he’s using to try to make more money, then sure. But it feels like shades of Wilkerson