2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

I’m not against trading anyone, but I don’t think we’ll get back what we would want for Jamal. I will say one thing, his immaturity scares me and that’s the opposite of the leadership that was heavily conveyed about him when we selected him. Elite player but he has some thin skin for sure. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We have a guy, our leader with one foot in and one foot out. Why even cause this stir up. It’s not like it’s a negotiating tactic. And if it’s harmless then why delete the tweet. 

I think we do eventually sign him long term. But these tweets should be brought up while negotiating. Saying how immature and everything it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We have a guy, our leader with one foot in and one foot out. Why even cause this stir up. It’s not like it’s a negotiating tactic. And if it’s harmless then why delete the tweet. 

Because he figures out some people are going to have the reaction that you are having. Again it doesn’t affect his ability to play so I don’t care. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Because he figures out some people are going to have the reaction that you are having. Again it doesn’t affect his ability to play so I don’t care. 

Seriously right.  I mean the guy couldn't be a better player on and off the field with the fans he engages with.  He goes out of his way to lure talent here and we are going to cry about him because he posted a strange tweet.

As @ekill08x said I'm not against trading him but it needs to be for a haul because of the type of impact player he is.

We finally have a guy who is on track to be a future HOF player and we want to dump him because of some tweets.  I guess we should have traded Revis too because he held out as a rookie.  Who wants a player like that on your team?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

It’s beyond that. Just like his reaction when Dallas called about him and he Compared himself to Tom Brady and Aaron Donald. I just don’t understand him, he hasn’t even tweeted about any of his new teammates but made sure you reference both Robby and Daryl Roberts signing with new teams. He’s just a weird kid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I agree. I don’t expect him to dog it on the field, but the Dallas thing is getting annoying. We actually should resign him similar to how the Bears signed Eddie Jackson. Front load it if we have the cap space. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It’s beyond that. Just like his reaction when Dallas called about him and he Compared himself to Tom Brady and Aaron Donald. I just don’t understand him, he hasn’t even tweeted about any of his new teammates but made sure you reference both Robby and Daryl Roberts signing with new teams. He’s just a weird kid.

I thought it was great that he was trying to sell the Jets to FAs last year. But that seemed to open the door for him not thinking before he tweets. And has had ALOT of idiotic tweets pointed at us. The “trade” rumors was what pushed it over the line for me that has left a sour taste in my mouth. JD wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t listen to offers on anyone and everyone. He himself said Dallas wasn’t even in the same hemisphere value wise of what it would’ve took to trade for Adams. Adams should be taken that as a compliment rather than be a baby about it. Now with his contract looming, he’s reverting right back to tweeting when he shouldn’t. He didn’t advocate much for FAs this year as well (which part of me is happy he stayed out of it). But the kid needs to grow up. And as I said... his tweeting 100% should be brought up in contract negotiations. 

• Like 1

I love Jamal the player. He’s elite. I honestly can’t stand Jamal the person and don’t think he’s even close to a leader that we think. This guy cried like the little girl when JD acknowledge a trade proposal from Dallas. Jamal states that he didn’t like that JD didn’t immediately hang up, but has yet to put this Dallas trade talks to rest, in fact he baits it. Classic hypocrisy. Stop telling us you’re the realest dude out there when your actions point to the contrary.

Again, I love Jamal the player, but if I’m JD, all this nonsense that he puts on twitter would make me second guess an extension this year. Let him play out his rookie deal like a good little boy and like 90% of the players in the league have to and see if he socially matures. If not, maybe you have to deal him. He’s such a great football player...but he definitely has some growing up to do. I know Revis had his hold out issues too, I just had a different feeling about Revis’ overall impact than I do with Jamals. Is that fair? I honestly can’t answer that it’s just my feeling. Best thing Jamal could do is STFU on twitter and get serious about being a career Jet and maybe he’ll see his millions. I hope he does, I just have some serious doubts about his mindset right now.

I don’t get how anyone couldn’t understand him being upset when he found out his name came up in trade rumors.  If he was told he wasn’t going to be traded and then found out the GM was talking about him,  I get his anger.

if someone was talking about trading you at your job that you loved, wouldn’t you be pissed?

36 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I love Jamal the player. He’s elite. I honestly can’t stand Jamal the person and don’t think he’s even close to a leader that we think. This guy cried like the little girl when JD acknowledge a trade proposal from Dallas. Jamal states that he didn’t like that JD didn’t immediately hang up, but has yet to put this Dallas trade talks to rest, in fact he baits it. Classic hypocrisy. Stop telling us you’re the realest dude out there when your actions point to the contrary.

Again, I love Jamal the player, but if I’m JD, all this nonsense that he puts on twitter would make me second guess an extension this year. Let him play out his rookie deal like a good little boy and like 90% of the players in the league have to and see if he socially matures. If not, maybe you have to deal him. He’s such a great football player...but he definitely has some growing up to do. I know Revis had his hold out issues too, I just had a different feeling about Revis’ overall impact than I do with Jamals. Is that fair? I honestly can’t answer that it’s just my feeling. Best thing Jamal could do is STFU on twitter and get serious about being a career Jet and maybe he’ll see his millions. I hope he does, I just have some serious doubts about his mindset right now.

The twitter stuff is annoying, but thats what this generation does. I don't believe it relflects a lack of leadership.

Adams' teammates love him.  They voted him team MVP, right?  Twice.  I'm not worried about lack of leadership with him.  I also think he is a complete narcissistic whack job.  Makes no difference.  All I care about is how he plays on the field and if he's going to do a Revis on us as we are nearing that time in his rookie deal.  *That* I care about.

5 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

I don’t get how anyone couldn’t understand him being upset when he found out his name came up in trade rumors.  If he was told he wasn’t going to be traded and then found out the GM was talking about him,  I get his anger.

if someone was talking about trading you at your job that you loved, wouldn’t you be pissed?

But trades are not a common thing in my profession, so yes, I'd be a bit surprised.

But in pro sports?  Come on.  Every pro should understand that a trade is always a possibility.  I don't get the anger over JD answering a phone call from Jerry Jones.  Adams should be freaking honored, not pissed.  And as you know from JN, the rumor was he was pissed that the trade did not happen and that he wanted to go to Dallas.  Of course he denied all that after the fact.  I have no idea what the truth is.  I don't even know if Jamal knows what he feels as it must change by the moment.  But what else would you expect from a narcissist?  He's fun to follow, but none of this is really important, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, dcat said:

The twitter stuff is annoying, but thats what this generation does. I don't believe it relflects a lack of leadership.

Adams' teammates love him.  They voted him team MVP, right?  Twice.  I'm not worried about lack of leadership with him.  I also think he is a complete narcissistic whack job.  Makes no difference.  All I care about is how he plays on the field and if he's going to do a Revis on us as we are nearing that time in his rookie deal.  *That* I care about.

You can be great on the field and have off the field narcissism ruin you though. Antonio Brown!!! Not saying that’s Adams... But just being good on the field isn’t enough. Part of being a pro is media, etc. It’s part of the job. As someone else mentioned... he has really thin skin to let JD just listening to an offer get him that hot over it. And this was nearly 6 months ago let’s remember.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I’m not against trading anyone, but I don’t think we’ll get back what we would want for Jamal. I will say one thing, his immaturity scares me and that’s the opposite of the leadership that was heavily conveyed about him when we selected him. Elite player but he has some thin skin for sure. 

thin skin for sure.  But his teammates love him.  Don't worry about leadership. Voted team MVP 2 consecutive years.  He's an oddball for sure.  But he seems to be good with his teammates.  Read a few paragraphs below...

"Besides all the jokes and energy that you see around here, the only difference is that when I touch the field and it's gametime, it's a totally different mindset. I turn into a different human being," Adams said of his gameday demeanor.

Jamal Adams Receives 2nd Consecutive Curtis Martin Team MVP Award

/assets/images/imported/NYJ/Lange_Randy-headshot.jpg

Randy Lange

NYJETS.COM CONTRIBUTOR

191224-Team-Awards-1920x1080

And for the second straight December, Adams has been named the Jets' Curtis Martin Team MVP.

"I'm just forever grateful," Adams told Eric Allen this week before his second consecutive most valuable player award as voted on by his teammates was announced by coach Adam Gase to the team this morning. "I have a lot of whys on why I play this game and who I do it for. Those guys in that locker room are really one of the main reasons. I love that group. It's a brotherhood, and anytime we get a chance to go out and compete, I love being on the field with those guys because they just keep me going."

Then there is No. 33's leadership, which can't always be quantified but is admired by all.

"Besides all the jokes and energy that you see around here, the only difference is that when I touch the field and it's gametime, it's a totally different mindset. I turn into a different human being," Adams said of his gameday demeanor.

All of which has made Adams one of those "green unicorns" in franchise history. He's one of only four Jets ever to win the Team MVP Award in back-to-back seasons, duplicating the feat achieved by QB Joe Namath (1968-69), WR Al Toon (1986-88) and the man whom the award is now named after, RB Curtis Martin (1999-2001).

And Adams is one of only three defensive Jets who've won the MVP award twice, consecutively or not, repeating the multiple honors earned by LB Mo Lewis in 1994 and '97 and by CB Darrelle Revis in 2009 and '11.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You can be great on the field and have off the field narcissism ruin you though. Antonio Brown!!! Not saying that’s Adams... But just being good on the field isn’t enough. Part of being a pro is media, etc. It’s part of the job. As someone else mentioned... he has really thin skin to let JD just listening to an offer get him that hot over it. And this was nearly 6 months ago let’s remember.

are you really comparing to nutcase Antonio Brown?  That's not fair. Come on man. Being a narcissistic egomaniac is one thing.  Being insane is another. 

You and I are of a different generation from Jamal Adams. We don't like those twitter antics.  But his generation doesn't get offended by what he does on twitter.  It's expected.  And Jamal's generation is not going to change its mind about it because our generation doesn't like it.  If it annoyed his teammates, he wouldn't be elected team MVP 2 consecutive seasons which hasn't happened ever before. I find his antics thoroughly annoying.  But I don't believe it's an issue to worry about. 

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1