2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

5 hours ago, Heymangold said:

I don’t get how anyone couldn’t understand him being upset when he found out his name came up in trade rumors.  If he was told he wasn’t going to be traded and then found out the GM was talking about him,  I get his anger.

if someone was talking about trading you at your job that you loved, wouldn’t you be pissed?

I’m pissed at that display picture of yours. 🤨

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcat said:

are you really comparing to nutcase Antonio Brown?  That's not fair. Come on man. Being a narcissistic egomaniac is one thing.  Being insane is another. 

You and I are of a different generation from Jamal Adams. We don't like those twitter antics.  But his generation doesn't get offended by what he does on twitter.  It's expected.  And Jamal's generation is not going to change its mind about it because our generation doesn't like it.  If it annoyed his teammates, he wouldn't be elected team MVP 2 consecutive seasons which hasn't happened ever before. I find his antics thoroughly annoying.  But I don't believe it's an issue to worry about. 

This happened mid season at trade deadline when he was already captain. Not saying that he wouldn’t be a captain regardless (bc I think he would). But that point isn’t valid. And I wasn’t comparing him to AB. I actually said “not saying that’s Adams” right after I said AB. That was just me pointing out that being good on the field isn’t enough. Narcissism can ruin a career. Just as a drug issue can, etc.

Fact is he’s still on this strictly bc it’s Dallas who was interested. Deep down he would love to be a Cowboy. He was burned and raised right here in Dallas. If any other team was interested I think he would careless and had already moved on. But bc it’s his “childhood” team that called... he’s hanging onto it. As @KingOfTheDot mentioned... if you know that he’s from Dallas and he’s still harping in this. It makes you wonder if he actually wants to be a Jet.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This happened mid season at trade deadline when he was already captain. Not saying that he wouldn’t be a captain regardless (bc I think he would). But that point isn’t valid. And I wasn’t comparing him to AB. I actually said “not saying that’s Adams” right after I said AB. That was just me pointing out that being good on the field isn’t enough. Narcissism can ruin a career. Just as a drug issue can, etc.

Fact is he’s still on this strictly bc it’s Dallas who was interested. Deep down he would love to be a Cowboy. He was burned and raised right here in Dallas. If any other team was interested I think he would careless and had already moved on. But bc it’s his “childhood” team that called... he’s hanging onto it. As @KingOfTheDot mentioned... if you know that he’s from Dallas and he’s still harping in this. It makes you wonder if he actually wants to be a Jet.

Lol of course the point of him being voted captain (Twice) is still valid when discussing his character. The incident you're referring to doesn't automatically dissolve everything else the guy has done...

Bottom line, I can sympathize with anyone on here who can't stand Jamal's antics but let's not turn this into something it isn't. It's not some random coincidence that people have raved about his leadership qualities his entire career. He's a millennial superstar, it is what it is.  

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Lol of course the point of him being voted captain (Twice) is still valid when discussing his character. The incident you're referring to doesn't automatically dissolve everything else the guy has done...

Bottom line, I can sympathize with anyone on here who can't stand Jamal's antics but let's not turn this into something it isn't. It's not some random coincidence that people have raved about his leadership qualities his entire career. He's a millennial superstar, it is what it is.  

I am not on here saying we should trade him. The best answer to this from the Jets standpoint though is to address this in contract negotiations. They 100% have every right to be gun shy about making him maybe the highest paid safety with his “tweet in the moment” antics. As I stated... being a pro athlete is more than just what you do on the field. I won’t argue for a second that his peers and teammates like him. But at the end of the day it’s owners, GMs, fans and media that make them their money. So they/he have to respect that.

21 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I apply the same logic to my own work

If I feel like I’m the best, then I want to be paid like the best. Period. I respect Jamal for the same reason. 

Pay him

Yes but what would happen at your work if you tweeted out things like he has about your employer?

10 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

He never said anything bad or ever referenced the Jets

Doesn’t have to be bad it can be shady. And he has sent a lot of those. NFL should be no different than any other employer. If people sent shady tweets about there employer... I’m sure it wouldn’t go unnoticed, cost them a promotion, maybe even fired, etc.

Listen... I want Jamal around. But fact is he has to grow up. Some are addicted to taking to social media for things (look at our president). And he needs to fix that.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t have to be bad it can be shady. And he has sent a lot of those. NFL should be no different than any other employer. If people sent shady tweets about there employer... I’m sure it wouldn’t go unnoticed, cost them a promotion, maybe even fired, etc.

Listen... I want Jamal around. But fact is he has to grow up. Some are addicted to taking to social media for things (look at our president). And he needs to fix that.

He’s never really spoken bad about the Jets by any means. Only thing that comes to mind is the trade deadline situation which is overblown.

If we were to sign Clowney, that could be a potential game changer for us. 

Now EDGE has a solution for once, maybe he can rack 10 sacks in our defense. Seattle isn't a good fit for him because he only got 3 sacks there and was close to a 10 sack guy in Houston.

A front 7 of 

DE-Quinnen Williams, Kyle Phillips

NT-Fatsuki, Mclendon

DE-Shepherd, Anderson

OLB-Jadeveon CLowney

MLB-CJ Mosley

WLB-Avery Williamson

OLB-Jordan Jenkins

That is a potentially extremely good group.  THen you have Jamal Adams at safety and Marcus Maye.  Add in a surprise CB in the draft like round 3?  Our defense could be sneaky good. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Now EDGE has a solution for once, maybe he can rack 10 sacks in our defense. Seattle isn't a good fit for him because he only got 3 sacks there and was close to a 10 sack guy in Houston.

A front 7 of 

NT-Fatsuki, Mclendon

DE-Shepherd, Anderson

OLB-Jadeveon CLowney

MLB-CJ Mosley

WLB-Avery Williamson

OLB-Jordan Jenkins

That is a potentially extremely good group.  THen you have Jamal Adams at safety and Marcus Maye.  Add in a surprise CB in the draft like round 3?  Our defense could be sneaky good. 

Clowney had 3 sacks last year less because of Seattle's system and more because he was playing through a torn core muscle most of the year. 

Edited by rampantjet

33 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

A front 7 of 

NT-Fatsuki, Mclendon

DE-Shepherd, Anderson

OLB-Jadeveon CLowney

MLB-CJ Mosley

WLB-Avery Williamson

OLB-Jordan Jenkins

To have money for Clowney we’d probably have to move on from Williamson. So there would be a 3 way battle for that spot next to Mosley. Which isn’t a big deal.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

To have money for Clowney we’d probably have to move on from Williamson. So there would be a 3 way battle for that spot next to Mosley. Which isn’t a big deal.

Which is fine, Onwuasor was a playmaker next to Mosley.  And we have depth at ILB. Greg Williams seemed to get production out of anyone he threw out there.