2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Still very interested to see how the Trent Williams trade shakes out as well as Jason Peters as a FA

I really want Peters if we JDs board falls to taking a WR with the first pick. At 38 he still is incredible and better than 90% of the OTs in football. We could easily get a very good year from him. Good guy for any young players to learn from. Would love to cut Winters for him but might cost more.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

WAY too pricey for Cooks. Glad we didn't get him now.

They get a 2020 2nd round pick, 2021 4th + a has-been RB for the best WR in the NFL .

Someone better put Bill O'Brien into witness protection.  He's not safe.

6 minutes ago, dcat said:

They get a 2020 2nd round pick, 2021 4th + a has-been RB for the best WR in the NFL .

Someone better put Bill O'Brien into witness protection.  He's not safe.

Ya I was thinking with his concussion issues and his salary that he could be had for like a 5th. Glad we didnt get him at a price like that.

I think the perfect scenario for me now is to go WR at 11 and then sign Peters to a 1yr deal. Grab an OT at 48 to develop and still go WR with 1 of our 3rds. Setting us to maybe fix the WR position still upgrade the OL and put us in position to grab another OLineman in the 1st next draft perhaps.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the perfect scenario for me now is to go WR at 11 and then sign Peters to a 1yr deal. Grab an OT at 48 to develop and still go WR with 1 of our 3rds. Setting us to maybe fix the WR position still upgrade the OL and put us in position to grab another OLineman next draft perhaps.

OT at 48 or trade back in and grab an OT late 1st.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the perfect scenario for me now is to go WR at 11 and then sign Peters to a 1yr deal. Grab an OT at 48 to develop and still go WR with 1 of our 3rds. Setting us to maybe fix the WR position still upgrade the OL and put us in position to grab another OLineman next draft perhaps.

You got my vote, that really makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the perfect scenario for me now is to go WR at 11 and then sign Peters to a 1yr deal. Grab an OT at 48 to develop and still go WR with 1 of our 3rds. Setting us to maybe fix the WR position still upgrade the OL and put us in position to grab another OLineman in the 1st next draft perhaps.

I've liked the idea of Peters for a while I just can't see him signing here. You'd think he goes to a legitimate contender..

Douglas must be familiar with him from Philly so who knows. Everything you read about his character is extraordinary, would be the perfect vet to help reinforce the culture we're trying to create and mentor some of the young guys.

• Like 1