2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You attacked him multiple times recently, made him leave the board because you two disagreed. I didn't see a warning from Webmaster or Senior Mods then. That's all I'm saying.

I’m saying I’ve been in contact with the webmaster and other MODs since then. And this talking down to people and name calling is no longer tolerated. What has happened in the past will no longer fly. From me, you, anyone. There’s countless ways to express an opinion and debate without doing those things. Your remarks are just the 1st ones since my talks with them.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I’m saying I’ve been in contact with the webmaster and other MODs since then. And this talking down to people and name calling is no longer tolerated. What has happened in the past will no longer fly. From me, you, anyone. There’s countless ways to express an opinion and debate without doing those things. You’re remarks are just the 1st ones since my talks with them.

Noted. I will comply. We're all adults for the most part.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drew39k said:

Is that any different than when we brought in Tebow? Or Vick? Heck, even Brett Favre was a distraction with him inability to stop sending **** pics.

yeah, but this one was political and that always sparks rage.   Tebow was perhaps slightly polarizing for his devotion to faith but moreso for his lack of talent and Favre for his pubescent sexting.  Vick, OTH was about animal cruelty and I know a couple of fans who refused to go while he was on the team.  

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Nah just dont attack someone's character when they're trying to change the world for the better. That's insulting to those directly impacted by the cause Kaepernick has been a huge part of.

"I cant stand this guy because he wants POC to stop being killed by police who use excessive force and constantly get away with it and I will stop rooting for my team if they sign him"

It really triggered me honestly, I'm a POC who's scared when I get pulled over, I have a son who will grow up and have to deal with that if it isn't stopped. So much crap going on in this world and that's who someone "can't stand"

I wholeheartedly agree. You can’t change peoples ignorance or lack of knowledge/education.

Colin Kaepernick was not someone who was arrested for a crime, a woman/child beater, an animal abuser,  a drug user etc etc. These guys get chance after chance year in and year out. Yet Kaep is ostracised and never given a chance to compete.

I know one thing, we would of been worth watching with him at QB when Sam went down than the absolute ****e we witnessed from Luke Falk. 

I can’t imagine what that feeling must be like but I empathise massively. My heart goes out to you and your boy and anyone else who’s affected. 

• Like 7

Kap should be in this league, not sure we’re the right landing spot but definitely should be in this league. Only reason he’s not is because the billionaire owners think he’s gonna affect their teams profit standpoint which is dumb dumb.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I wholeheartedly agree. You can’t change peoples ignorance or lack of knowledge/education.

Colin Kaepernick was not someone who was arrested for a crime, a woman/child beater, an animal abuser,  a drug user etc etc. These guys get chance after chance year in and year out. Yet Kaep is ostracised and never given a chance to compete.

I know one thing, we would of been worth watching with him at QB when Sam went down than the absolute ****e we witnessed from Luke Falk. 

I can’t imagine what that feeling must be like but I empathise massively. My heart goes out to you and your boy and anyone else who’s affected. 

Well written. I don’t think anyone is claiming he’s a bad person. I know I’m not at least. Why I say heck no to him is the distractions that will come with it. We need to build a culture and “go under the radar” if you will to be contenders. And having him on the roster will be eaten up by the media. Just bc we’ve in the past done some moves similar doesn’t mean it’s right (Tebow, Vick). For me it’s a classic case as we live in a country that has freedom of speech. But that does comes with limits. We all can’t go to our employer and say whatever we want, can we? His stance in itself wasn’t wrong. Where it went wrong for me was taking it to the field. And that’s when every single NFL owner has the right to draw the line. He at the end of the day is an employee. Not an owner. Therefor he can’t do whatever he wants when wearing that owners jersey. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Nah just dont attack someone's character when they're trying to change the world for the better. That's insulting to those directly impacted by the cause Kaepernick has been a huge part of.

"I cant stand this guy because he wants POC to stop being killed by police who use excessive force and constantly get away with it and I will stop rooting for my team if they sign him"

It really triggered me honestly, I'm a POC who's scared when I get pulled over, I have a son who will grow up and have to deal with that if it isn't stopped. So much crap going on in this world and that's who someone "can't stand"

Personally, I agree with you. I know people think Kaep is a primadonna who is out there to make a name for himself and get publicity.... that's the same argument made against almost EVERY PERSON whose ever made a personal and public stand for ewual rights. The slander against kaep is nothing new. Yea, it would be nice if people were less ignorant to these things but that slander was powerful and louder than kaep was. The NFL did an amazing job smearing his reputation to the point where a lot of people forget that he was a 27 year old pro bowl QB. Was he the best ever? No, but did he deserve to be outta football? Certaintly not. 

Is this Kaeps fault? No, but at the same time, you dont become a civil rights activist without tremendous heat. He knew what he was risking by making himself that visible.  

However, this forum is for die-hard, well informed fans... I believe on this forum, we should have the ability to understand that Kaep is a great backup and just a guy looking to protect others from a serious injustice issue. 

Those are my thoughts. I have no issue with Kaep being on this team or any other. I dont blame him for what happend but I dont pity him either. Give him a fair chance.

That's my 2 cents on it. I'm not looking to fight or argue with anyone. I just think Kaep is better than he was getting credit for (especially by some in this forum). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Well written. I don’t think anyone is claiming he’s a bad person. I know I’m not at least. Why I say heck no to him is the distractions that will come with it. We need to build a culture and “go under the radar” if you will to be contenders. And having him on the roster will be eaten up by the media. Just bc we’ve in the past done some moves similar doesn’t mean it’s right (Tebow, Vick). For me it’s a classic case as we live in a country that has freedom of speech. But that does comes with limits. We all can’t go to our employer and say whatever we want, can we? His stance in itself wasn’t wrong. Where it went wrong for me was taking it to the field. And that’s when every single NFL owner has the right to draw the line. He at the end of the day is an employee. Not an owner. Therefor he can’t do whatever he wants when wearing that owners jersey. 

I get that. I don’t think for one second he’s what we need right now. He would undoubtably next better than any other backup we have though. 

What I struggle with is the distractions didn’t stop Vick, Hardy, Hill etc.

I do agree he may not be right for our team...nothing to do with his own opinions and movement but more in establishing a qb controversy which is the last thing Sam needs right now. 

If Sam starts poor you won’t hear anyone crying out for Luke Falk or David Fales to come into the starting position. Kaep on the other hand is a proven winner and big time talent so that can start splitting the opinions of players, staff, fans.

Lets be real though...the horrendous things players have done in the past means little (as long as they are not in jail) if they can help a football team win games then they will be on the team. 

Its ironic someone who’s sacrificed so much more people with little to no voice as been ostracised from the league. 

• Like 2

have we all forgotten how the NFL tried to organize a workout for Kaepernick and he blew it off? Politics aside, that’s the last straw for him. He had a chance and he blew it. I would never sign him if I were an NFL exec. JD wants to build the best culture in sports and signing Kaepernick does not move us any further along in that capacity. And yes this does create potential for a QB controversy that we don’t need.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

have we all forgotten how the NFL tried to organize a workout for Kaepernick and he blew it off? Politics aside, that’s the last straw for him. He had a chance and he blew it. I would never sign him if I were an NFL exec. JD wants to build the best culture in sports and signing Kaepernick does not move us any further along in that capacity. And yes this does create potential for a QB controversy that we don’t need.

He didn't blow it off he did a workout the same day elsewhere because the NFL was not going to let him record or put out video of him throwing.   He wanted everyone to see him throw so the NFL couldn't just say he looked terrible. 

• Like 3

Something else that is appealing to me is that there’s no highly talented guy to plug in at WR to buy us a year or more and get a WR next draft maybe. Where at OT there’s still some stop gap guys that are good (Peters) and even Trent Williams via trade potentially.

51 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He didn't blow it off he did a workout the same day elsewhere because the NFL was not going to let him record or put out video of him throwing.   He wanted everyone to see him throw so the NFL couldn't just say he looked terrible. 

That’s good to know. That workout is always used against him.