2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We arent refusing to pay him though. Teams have 4 years to take advantage of rookie deals. There is really nothing Jamal can do but ask for a trade which will make him look bad.

Just how the media and Adam's camp will spin it. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

No. 1 and 3 and Lamb would have me interested.  Still might not do it 

Lol what?

if you mean a 1, 3, and Lamb, JD would be out of his mind to not accept that. Adams is great, but that’s way more than his value. If you’re expecting this type of compensation for him, you will be disappointed.

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'd really prefer we don't trade Adam's. If his demands are crazy though, I'd demand a Jalen Ramsey package for him. He netted the Jags 2 firsts and a fourth. 

I see Ramsey and Adams about the same value as well but with Ramsey above Adams.  There is a severe positional value difference between those two that favors Ramsey.  Positional value can and will affect draft trade capital.  Ironic, because Adams is closer to the top at safety than Ramsey is at CB, IMO.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol what?

if you mean a 1, 3, and Lamb, JD would be out of his mind to not accept that. Adams is great, but that’s way more than his value. If you’re expecting this type of compensation for him, you will be disappointed.

I am. All Pro game changing safety who is only 24 years old for 3 unknowns. That’s fair on our end. 

I don’t expect we trade him either 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcat said:

I see Ramsey and Adams about the same value as well but with Ramsey above Adams.  There is a severe positional value difference between those two that favors Ramsey.  Positional value can and will affect draft trade capital.  Ironic, because Adams is closer to the top at safety than Ramsey is at CB, IMO.   

IMO, Its not severe enough to justify the difference between a first and third and a first a future 1st and a 4th.

I could understand positional value dropping one of the first to a second or cutting the 4th but not much beyond that.

Bottom line is Cowboys won't cave in at all.  Cowboys play it as they think they are only team that wants Adams.   Could end up a just first round pick for JA which JD won't agree with anyway.

Adams will show up to avoid fines.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2020 at 12:09 PM, JetsFan15 said:

I am. All Pro game changing safety who is only 24 years old for 3 unknowns. That’s fair on our end. 

I don’t expect we trade him either 

Unfortunately that’s just not going to be his value around the league. Especially if it’s a messy situation.

would be nice to get 2 first round picks + for him but I guarantee you it won’t happen 

On 5/2/2020 at 12:31 PM, SDotNova said:

If this is inside SDotNova's quote box I am sorry and couldn't get out of or delete it. 

I feel like JD is just doing what he did with all the free agents and is not going to get screwed by a player he signs. I'm cool if he goes because I have no control of the Jets unfortunately but at the same time I'd be crushed. I always wanted a premiere safety after watching great guys like Troy and Reed killing it for years and wining while doing it. 

On 5/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

His face off. Literally. Jerry showed he doesn’t even want Adams that bad. 

i think Jerry does want Adams bad.  his tactic is to leak info so the guys value drops and then swoop in and make a move.  

https://thejetpress.com/2019/12/05/new-york-jets-boomer-esiason-accuses-jerry-jones-tampering/

On 5/26/2020 at 9:23 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Unfortunately that’s just not going to be his value around the league. Especially if it’s a messy situation.

would be nice to get 2 first round picks + for him but I guarantee you it won’t happen 

That is why he is not being trade nor the Jets' want to.   We have the leverage.  They will sign him next off season.