2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

If true. We have to go WR at 11 IMO. Bc that would make it where we didn’t address WR considerably in FA or the 1st or 2nd Round. Can’t keep relying on mid late rounders to be good for a hopeful franchise QB

Or trade back,  honestly that would be the only bright side of this. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If true. We have to go WR at 11 IMO. Bc that would make it where we didn’t address WR considerably in FA or the 1st or 2nd Round. Can’t keep relying on mid late rounders to be good for a hopeful franchise QB

I don’t think they would do such a thing at all. If a top 3 OL still fell, I’m pretty sure they’d still go that route. 

And yes, you can still rely on 2nd-4th round WRs in this class. It’s that deep.

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I don’t think they would do such a thing at all. If a top 3 OL still fell, I’m pretty sure they’d still go that route. 

And yes, you can still rely on 2nd-4th round WRs in this class. It’s that deep.

Well than they can’t like Edoga that much

• Like 1

Move say the Giants 3rd for Trent. 

Help Indy jump Oakland and pick up a 4th. 

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6 + Trent

Sign Glasgow/Looney/McGovern(2 Of the 3) and re-sign Lewis. Draft one of the 4 tackles left. 

Trent-Lewis-Looney/Glasgow/McGovern- Rookie

Overall we would have simply traded Leo for Trent and moved behind two teams who won’t draft Tackles anyway.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

They can like Edoga. They can also like the top OL prospects in the past 3-5+ years better. 

Like I stated they can’t like him THAT MUCH. If they loved him they wouldn’t see 2 OT spots as needs. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like I stated they can’t like him THAT MUCH. If they loved him they wouldn’t see 2 OT spots as needs. 

Or they are ok with him at guard, or with taking Wirfs and moving him to guard

Edited by rampantjet

6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Or they are ok with him at guard, or with taking Wirfs and moving him to guard

Edoga isn’t really suited for G. He could be a swing T, but the reports are that we really like him. My point is... we can’t REALLY like him if we would maybe get an OT and still draft a OT at 11. That tells me everything they’ve said is pretty much BS. Which is ok. I just don’t want to hear we really like Edoga anymore from people. 

I’ll also say this. I’d rather give Conklin plenty of money than trade assets and still spend big on Trent. At the end of the day I’d be happy with adding either. But for me it makes more sense to overpay Conklin a couple mill per than trade away a valuable pick and still have to spend a good amount of money on Trent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Edoga isn’t really suited for G. He could be a swing T, but the reports are that we really like him. My point is... we can’t REALLY like him if we would maybe get an OT and still draft a OT at 11. That tells me everything they’ve said is pretty much BS. Which is ok. I just don’t want to hear we really like Edoga anymore from people. 

I've read that they like him and think that he could be good at tackle or guard. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll also say this. I’d rather give Conklin plenty of money than trade assets and still spend big on Trent. At the end of the day I’d be happy with adding either. But for me it makes more sense to overpay Conklin a couple mill per than trade away a valuable pick and still have to spend a good amount of money on Trent.

I'd rather have Conklin too, but he's a FA so we have no assurances that we'd land him,  where as if we trade for trent he's ours. 

• Like 2