2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Normally I'd be fine with that,  but man this has to be the year we support Sam as much as possible.   It can EASILY be argued he was in the worst situation of any QB in the league last year.  This off season is all about getting offensive help.   

If we make this trade , I try to trade back a few spots... might be doable if someone wants Jeudy, Lamb,  or someone like Love.  Then see if we can grab Ruggs or Andrew Thomas if they are still around.   

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Normally I'd be fine with that,  but man this has to be the year we support Sam as much as possible.   It can EASILY be argued he was in the worst situation of any QB in the league last year.  This off season is all about getting offensive help.   

If we make this trade , I try to trade back a few spots... might be doable if someone wants Jeudy, Lamb,  or someone like Love.  Then see if we can grab Ruggs or Andrew Thomas if they are still around.   

If we make this trade you take Jeudy. You don't try and trade back for flyers. If you want to support Sam, that's how you do it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If we make this trade you take Jeudy. You don't try and trade back for flyers. If you want to support Sam, that's how you do it.

I like the idea of recouping some of the draft capital we lost in the trade,  but also there are rumors that we love Ruggs, and other rumors that Gase values speed.   Ruggs is speed.  He's also no slouch of a route runner,  and has better hands than Jeudy. 

Y’all think you can get Trent for a 3rd? It’s gonna take a 2nd and with multiple teams interested I think the skins get it.

best thing you could do for darnold is Trade a 2nd for Trent and take Jeudy with your 1st.

trent would also be the best thing for Le’Veon bc he’s a stud in the run game

26 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Y’all think you can get Trent for a 3rd? It’s gonna take a 2nd and with multiple teams interested I think the skins get it.

best thing you could do for darnold is Trade a 2nd for Trent and take Jeudy with your 1st.

trent would also be the best thing for Le’Veon bc he’s a stud in the run game

We will see. Dudes gonna be 32 before the season starts and is coming off sitting out a year bc he couldn’t wear a helmet.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We will see. Dudes gonna be 32 before the season starts and is coming off sitting out a year bc he couldn’t wear a helmet.

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

And wants a buttload of money

There’s 5 teams interested in him right now, pretty sure highest bidder will win.

hes worth a 2nd IMO, he’s got another 4 years of elite tackle play left in him and immediately boast your O-line, I think the ball is in y’all a court

remember duane Brown and a 5th was traded to Seattle for a 2nd and a future 3rd. He was also 32 and you can’t tell me he is better than Trent 

10 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

There’s 5 teams interested in him right now, pretty sure highest bidder will win.

hes worth a 2nd IMO, he’s got another 4 years of elite tackle play left in him and immediately boast your O-line, I think the ball is in y’all a court

remember duane Brown and a 5th was traded to Seattle for a 2nd and a future 3rd. He was also 32 and you can’t tell me he is better than Trent 

The biggest difference is leverage,  he doesn't want to play for the skins.    I'm fine if another team pulls the trigger,  I'd rather not.   

Also just assuming he has another 4 years of being elite is conjecture.   He hasn't played in quite some time,  he could already be a lesser player. 

28 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Duane Brown didn’t sit out a year and fail a physical 

Honestly if we go defense first 2 rounds I'm done with this team.

This is the year to go offense.

If we grab Trent Williams,  awesome.  But I'd still think about OT round 1. Or I'd go WR and get Sam the best possible weapons to allow him to be successful. 

Defense is the back burner, I know we have holes but we cannot have Darnold playing with what he had, his success is most important 

Most will disagree, but my preference would be to go OT in round one regardless of whether or not we manage to pull off a trade for Trent. He alone isn't going to transform this offensive line (Although it be a great start). If we can find a way to completely revamp this unit into a top 10 group, you're going to see an entirely new offense, and one that will push for playoff contention. More so than any other position group (Excluding quarterbacks), there is a direct correlation between OL and team success. My dream scenario...

• Send Washington a third rounder plus conditional 2021 pick for Trent
  • Draft one of the big four OT, say Wills
  • Sign Glasgow
  • Resign Robby depending on price - If recent speculation holds true I'd sign him at 11-12per 
  • Draft Aiyuk in round two
  • Draft the top rated C/G in round 3

59 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Here are the 5 teams, their day 1-3 picks, and current LT: 

• ARI: 1(8), 2(40), 3(72) --- DJ Humphries
  • CLE: 1(10), 2(41), 3(74), 3(101) --- VACANT 
  • HOU: 2(57), 3(90) --- Laremy Tunsil 
  • LAC: 1(6), 2(37), 3(71) --- Trey Pipkins 
  • NYJ: 1(11), 2(48), 3(68), 3(79) --- VACANT 

Other teams who can jump in the mix: MIA, BUF

My friends are saying people believe it will come down to CLE or NYJ. Everyone in the industry is favoring CLE, but think about this: they are expected to be finalists for Conklin and Big V, they have 2 all-pro caliber OL under contract, and they have the higher pick in round 1. Also, keep in mind that all the people who engaged in the trade the first time around are gone.  Conversely, Douglas is hellbent on making his mark on this line and is desperate to add someone with pedigree. When you factor the front office backgrounds, I think people that are favoring CLE simply have recency bias - it's not their new front office's way to trade a high draft pick for a 32 year old tackle who just sat out a year. Douglas was willing to pay a 34 year old Ryan Kalil $8.5 million as his first "marquee" addition as a GM... you really think he's afraid to trade a 2nd/3rd and give Trent a $16+ million contract? Me no think so. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Here are the 5 teams, their day 1-3 picks, and current LT: 

• ARI: 1(8), 2(40), 3(72) --- DJ Humphries
  • CLE: 1(10), 2(41), 3(74), 3(101) --- VACANT 
  • HOU: 2(57), 3(90) --- Laremy Tunsil 
  • LAC: 1(6), 2(37), 3(71) --- Trey Pipkins 
  • NYJ: 1(11), 2(48), 3(68), 3(79) --- VACANT 

Other teams who can jump in the mix: MIA, BUF

My friends are saying people believe it will come down to CLE or NYJ. Everyone in the industry is favoring CLE, but think about this: they are expected to be finalists for Conklin and Big V, they have 2 all-pro caliber OL under contract, and they have the higher pick in round 1. Also, keep in mind that all the people who engaged in the trade the first time around are gone.  Conversely, Douglas is hellbent on making his mark on this line and is desperate to add someone with pedigree. When you factor the front office backgrounds, I think people that are favoring CLE simply have recency bias - it's not their new front office's way to trade a high draft pick for a 32 year old tackle who just sat out a year. Douglas was willing to pay a 34 year old Ryan Kalil $8.5 million as his first "marquee" addition as a GM... you really think he's afraid to trade a 2nd/3rd and give Trent a $16+ million contract? Me no think so. 

Honestly letting the browns win this one might help in the long run.   The browns have been penciled in for 1 of the big 4 OTs just ahead of us this entire off season.   If they get trent, that could help another OT fall to us.