5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Here are the 5 teams, their day 1-3 picks, and current LT: 

• ARI: 1(8), 2(40), 3(72) --- DJ Humphries
  • CLE: 1(10), 2(41), 3(74), 3(101) --- VACANT 
  • HOU: 2(57), 3(90) --- Laremy Tunsil 
  • LAC: 1(6), 2(37), 3(71) --- Trey Pipkins 
  • NYJ: 1(11), 2(48), 3(68), 3(79) --- VACANT 

Other teams who can jump in the mix: MIA, BUF

My friends are saying people believe it will come down to CLE or NYJ. Everyone in the industry is favoring CLE, but think about this: they are expected to be finalists for Conklin and Big V, they have 2 all-pro caliber OL under contract, and they have the higher pick in round 1. Also, keep in mind that all the people who engaged in the trade the first time around are gone.  Conversely, Douglas is hellbent on making his mark on this line and is desperate to add someone with pedigree. When you factor the front office backgrounds, I think people that are favoring CLE simply have recency bias - it's not their new front office's way to trade a high draft pick for a 32 year old tackle who just sat out a year. Douglas was willing to pay a 34 year old Ryan Kalil $8.5 million as his first "marquee" addition as a GM... you really think he's afraid to trade a 2nd/3rd and give Trent a $16+ million contract? Me no think so. 

Gotta keep in mind Conklin and Big V are primarily RTs, LT is a whole different ball game

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Honestly letting the browns win this one might help in the long run.   The browns have been penciled in for 1 of the big 4 OTs just ahead of us this entire off season.   If they get trent, that could help another OT fall to us. 

I think the Browns are taking one at 10 no matter what - with or without Trent. They really have very little needs, and the value is going to be there. Even if they land Trent and say Big V, they can play a 1st rounder at RT/RG temporarily if they had to. Again, all comes down to value... 

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Honestly letting the browns win this one might help in the long run.   The browns have been penciled in for 1 of the big 4 OTs just ahead of us this entire off season.   If they get trent, that could help another OT fall to us. 

Who are the big 4 Costanzo, Conklin, V, And Bulaga?

only 1 is a LT and that’s Costanzo, he’s 32 and if he doesn’t sign with the colts he will prob retire. He mentioned it last year.

No one knows if Conklin can make the switch to LT or not, he’s not the most athletic tackle but are you going to pay him 15 mill to hope he can play LT? That’s risky.

Vaiti has been a career backup and only plays RT, Kerrigan crushed him for 4 sacks two years ago

and finally Bulaga is a career RT

if your looking for a free agent LT either resign Beauchum or sign one of the 38 year olds in Peters or Whitworth on a 1 year deal

im not even being biased and I’m a skins fan. A second round pick is gonna be what it takes to get Trent. Unless you guys want to package both 3rds which honestly would be a great move for you. Would be able to get two offensive playmakers in the 1st and 2nd.

if you guys don’t trade for him then it looks like it’s one of either Thomas, Wirfs, Willis, or Becton in the 1st round.

if I was a jets fan I would be going 1. Jeudy 2. Okwuegbunam and trade the 3rds for Trent 

on a side note. Joe Douglas is from the same county I live in, went to a rival high school of mine Lee-Davis in Hanover VA

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

Gotta keep in mind Conklin and Big V are primarily RTs, LT is a whole different ball game

No dispute there, but are you going to pay Conklin $18-20 million per year and add Trent? Doubtful. A Trent Williams + Big V combo more plausible, but it's not like the Browns don't already have money invested in their line... Bitonio is probably going to get a new contract/modification as he's 28, one of the best in the game, and is under contract for 3 more years, $30 million unguaranteed. Tretter is one of the best center's in the game and just signed an extension paying him $10.85 million per year for the next 3 years... are they really going to invest $50+ million per year for 4 OL starts? Seems a bit much. 

I'm still going with the Browns adding one big contract on their line and one in the draft. They are in the sweet spot for OL in the draft as we are, but unlike us they really don't have many needs. Offensively there are no needs at WR/TE/RB and they're not taking a QB. Defensively they need to address LB/S, but are you taking one at 10 with all those stud lineman available? Doubtful unless Simmons is there. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

No dispute there, but are you going to pay Conklin $18-20 million per year and add Trent? Doubtful. A Trent Williams + Big V combo more plausible, but it's not like the Browns don't already have money invested in their line... Bitonio is probably going to get a new contract/modification as he's 28, one of the best in the game, and is under contract for 3 more years, $30 million unguaranteed. Tretter is one of the best center's in the game and just signed an extension paying him $10.85 million per year for the next 3 years... are they really going to invest $50+ million per year for 4 OL starts? Seems a bit much. 

I'm still going with the Browns adding one big contract on their line and one in the draft. They are in the sweet spot for OL in the draft as we are, but unlike us they really don't have many needs. Offensively there are no needs at WR/TE/RB and they're not taking a QB. Defensively they need to address LB/S, but are you taking one at 10 with all those stud lineman available? Doubtful unless Simmons is there. 

Yeah if I were you guys my I would do a few things

1. Draft the best WR Available (Jeudy probably)

2. Draft the best TE round 2 (Albert O)

3. Trade both 3rds for Trent Williams

4. Come to a reasonable deal for Robby A

5. Sign Graham Glasgow as a Free agent

with Jeudy, Anderson, And Crowder in the slot y’all have a tough WR core, Albert O is a beast. Super quick, didn’t have the season he had in years past but Kelly Bryant was the starting QB this year for them. Both 3rds for Trent I believe is fair for both sides. It allows you guys to get a skill position and draft for talent not need. I would sign Glasgow not bc he’s this great player but he’s a good starter that can play guard and center

yall take those additions as well as later picks and put them with Darnold, Le’Veon, and Crowder the. The offense should looks pretty damn good! If not then it’s all on Darnold and coaching TBH

20 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

with Jeudy, Anderson, And Crowder in the slot y’all have a tough WR core, Albert O is a beast. Super quick, didn’t have the season he had in years past but Kelly Bryant was the starting QB this year for them. Both 3rds for Trent I believe is fair for both sides. It allows you guys to get a skill position and draft for talent not need. I would sign Glasgow not bc he’s this great player but he’s a good starter that can play guard and center

yall take those additions as well as later picks and put them with Darnold, Le’Veon, and Crowder the. The offense should looks pretty damn good! If not then it’s all on Darnold and coaching TBH

We have Herdon and Albert O ram a fast 40 but is pretty bad at football.  This is a terrible TE draft ,  if we draft any of them in three 2nd I'll root.

We'd still need 2 more new interior OL we'd have to take one in the 2nd.

5 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I think there’s a 90% chance we go OL at 11. Reports are there’s pretty much no way we go WR unless all 4 OTs are gone (Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Wills) which is very unlikely.

We don’t need a TE. We have Herndon and Griffin.

Sorry man... I know it’s normal to rate your own highly... but you’re not getting 2 3rds for a 32yr old who sat out a year a couldn’t pass his physical.

Jets should set their number at 11mill per and not budge for Robby. If he can get more elsewhere?... so be it. Don’t overpay him. He’s not worth top WR money at all.

Would love for us to sign Glasgow.

I’d give up the giants 3rd and our 4th for him, yes Trent is supremely talented but he’s had injury concerns the past few years and needs a new contract. Would love to have him, sign Glasgow, a Center like BJ Finney or Conner McGovern, bring back Robby and go Wills/Aiyuk in the draft

We are in a good spot if you ask me. Primed to get a good OLineman at 11 and have money for Conklin or Thuney. I certainly wouldn’t give up too much to land Trent. One of our 3rds and a mid rounder next year is my offer. If they don’t like it, so be it. Offer a ton to Conklin or Thuney in a week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We are in a good spot if you ask me. Primes to get a good OLineman at 11 and have money for Conklin or Thuney. I certainly wouldn’t give up too much to land Trent. One of our 3rds and a mid rounder next year is my offer. If they don’t like it, so be it. Offer a ton to Conklin or Thuney in a week.

We’re not getting Conklin