2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The Jets cut Trumaine Johnson with a post June 1st designation. Hmm. Could be a sign that we are about to make a big splash. Otherwise why make the additional space?

We’d owe him 11m if not released by Friday

9 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Would you guys be happy with Yannick and the 20th pick for our 11th pick?

Yes. Most definitely. We address a key position with a young player who’s produced. And being at 20 still puts us in the OT conversation. It’ll just be a guy like Josh Jones instead. So would I trade the opportunity to draft a guy like Becton to get Ngakue (with a new contract) and settle for a guy like Josh Jones? Yes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’d rather pay Clowney and keep 11 vs Yannick and 20. 

A 1 year deal for clowney is fine. But sounds like he has a multi year offer on the table from Seattle. I wouldn’t want us to sign him to a multi year deal.

Yannick looks like a relentless guy who’s not going to dog it. 

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’d rather pay Clowney and keep 11 vs Yannick and 20. 

I may be inclined to say the same. I understand the risks associated with Clowney, but I also understand the reward. Injury history, but still only just turned 27. Despite lack of sack production, I've seen him take over games. His game against San Fran this past season was one of the best individual performances I had seen out of a DL in a while. If you can sign him to a contract that allows for an out after the 2nd season (think of Trumaine's... maybe not a clean break but some savings) - I would say do it.

Doesn't change your draft positioning, doesn't effect your money allocation (considering that our DL is cheap and won't be due contracts for the foreseeable future), and fills an enormous need. I acknowledge that it could blow up in our face, but sometimes you gotta risk it for the biscuit. 

• Like 2