2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Because if (Big if) healthy he's an elite LT that could do wonders for the development of Darnold. It's not necessarily about being a left tackle away from the Super Bowl, using that logic we should just sit back and not look to acquire any talent via trade. Figuring out the WHY here is relatively simply even if you'd rather go in a different direction 

Agreed, he still has good football left in him, but the timeline doesn't match up. He's worth it to others, but not to us. 

Douglas will make sure Sam doesn't get killed. Have faith.

7 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Any move that could drastically help the development of Darnold should make sense for us right now. 

I don’t think he’ll have the impact on Sam’s development we think. 

Gase and Pollack have already switched our blocking scheme which should help him have more time in the pocket. That’s step 1. 

There’s a reason no one has traded for Williams yet. 

11 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Whether we like it or not, Fant is a starter this year

He was a priority signing, they obviously see something in him

I've come to this conclusion as well, but I've also become much higher on him. A lot of intelligent Seahawks fans and scouts think this is going to be a really good fit, and Joe Douglas is known as one of the top OL scouts in the industry. He's turning 28, but he's an extremely young 28. Think there's a chance he surprises us.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Gase and Pollack have already switched our blocking scheme which should help him have more time in the pocket. That’s step 1. 

Because no one will give a 2nd

Trading for Trent was Plan Z on my list, but the fact of the matter is that we need impact players at impact positions, and we have almost 0 of those.

I think Trent is a big gamble and one I previously didn't want to take, but would welcome now due to the state of FA.

30 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Because if (Big if) healthy he's an elite LT that could do wonders for the development of Darnold. It's not necessarily about being a left tackle away from the Super Bowl, using that logic we should just sit back and not look to acquire any talent via trade. Figuring out the WHY here is relatively simply even if you'd rather go in a different direction 

He just doesn’t fit into the future of this team and our 3rd round pick could net us a starter for years to come.

28 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I can understand not wanting to give up draft picks + the massive contract that will follow. Having said that, in what world does adding Trent (Assuming healthy) not drastically improve this offensive line and further impact the development of Sam?

Happy to hear we're changing things up front - It won't matter if we don't have the right guys to execute the scheme. Not saying we don't, but Trent is far and away better than anyone we have.

Is is the same reason no one has traded for Yannick? 

3 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Is is the same reason no one has traded for Yannick? 

I think the Jags are playing it smart. They waited for the QB market to settle before trading Foles. Now I think they’re waiting out the tier 1 and 2 edges to find homes before shopping Yannick. Trying to find someone desperate who missed out. 

Baltimore May be doing the same with Judon. 

• Like 1