2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

24 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

He just doesn’t fit into the future of this team and our 3rd round pick could net us a starter for years to come.

In what sense? He could easily give us 4-5 years of great football if he can stay healthy. As I've said, health concerns are a legitimate reason to not be interested but this idea that he doesn't fit the future of this team is foolish. If everyones number one priority is to maximize Sam's development, well chances are Trent will have a far greater impact on that development than a third round pick. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I think the Jags are playing it smart. They waited for the QB market to settle before trading Foles. Now I think they’re waiting out the tier 1 and 2 edges to find homes before shopping Yannick. Trying to find someone desperate who missed out. 

Baltimore May be doing the same with Judon. 

I was just being satirical lol. 

Of course the Redskins/Jags are going to wait it out for the best offer, they're in no rush and under no obligation to make a trade. 

13 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I can understand not wanting to give up draft picks + the massive contract that will follow. Having said that, in what world does adding Trent (Assuming healthy) not drastically improve this offensive line and further impact the development of Sam?

Happy to hear we're changing things up front - It won't matter if we don't have the right guys to execute the scheme. Not saying we don't, but Trent is far and away better than anyone we have.

Is is the same reason no one has traded for Yannick? 

Trent is 31 with an injury history. Would cost us big on our cap and a premium pick. 

Too many question marks atm. Just doesn’t make sense no matter the name. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Trent is 31 with an injury history. Would cost us big on our cap and a premium pick. 

Too many question marks atm. Just doesn’t make sense no matter the name. 

He’s certainly not without risk.

Considering how painful our OL was to watch last season, I’d do it for a 3rd and condition 2021 pick. 

13 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Considering how painful our OL was to watch last season, I’d do it for a 3rd and condition 2021 pick. 

If we could possibly get it done with a conditional pick based on his number of starts, that would be ideal.

17 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I just don’t think it’s happening. Nothing Douglas has done so far nor anything his mentors has done is similar to this situation.