2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, Kyu said:

I feel like this offseason was a reality check for us all. Everyone wanted this toy and that toy thinking we're closer than we are. JD is letting us know what he thinks of this roster.

I'm not busting balls, I thought we were right there with BUF also. I'm a little disappointed, but I also know this is the right move. 

I have faith JD won't let Sam get killed.

I hold my breathe on that bc we thought we'd have an average line last year (certainly not a strength but not a HUGE weakness) and we ended with the worst OL. So I have to see them play before judging really. The rookie we draft can be a flop for all we know still, or could be the next Orlando Pace.

8 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Seahawks make the most sense by far, but would they be willing to bring in he and re-sign Clowney? That’s what makes me think part of all this is interconnected. Technically Jadeveon can’t accept a contract he hasn’t been offered, even if they’ve conceptually shared figures.

Might be a scenario where Yannick knows he’s getting dealt, knows how much he’ll sign for, but it’s in Jacksonville’s hands RE: negotiating compensation. Would explain a lot of his posts today as well. 

Ultimately I think he’s Seattle bound- the question then becomes what happens to Clowney

I have to think we are in it. There just doesn't seem to be any other logical explanation why we have let every other pass rusher sign elsewhere. I know we were in on Fowler but the fact that JD set his price and was okay loosing out on him tells me he has a contingency plan.

I'm being optimistic, here's to hoping I'm right. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hold my breathe on that bc we thought we'd have an average line last year (certainly not a strength but not a HUGE weakness) and we ended with the worst OL. So I have to see them play before judging really. The rookie we draft can be a flop for all we know still, or could be the next Orlando Pace.

If he picks bad players we're going to be bad.  I just feel like he's going to bring in better guys than our previous GMs did.  We're going to be building through the draft, so we should wait and see before calling him Idzik.

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

I have to think we are in it. There just doesn't seem to be any other logical explanation why we have let every other pass rusher sign elsewhere. I know we were in on Fowler but the fact that JD set his price and was okay loosing out on him tells me he has a contingency plan.

I'm being optimistic, here's to hoping I'm right. 

We're not in on him..

Just now, rampantjet said:

How do you know?

What have we done that tells you that we're going to give Clowney a mega deal?

We're going to build through the draft.  This isn't a 1 year thing.  We're in a rebuild..

9 minutes ago, Kyu said:

What have we done that tells you that we're going to give Clowney a mega deal?

We're going to build through the draft.  This isn't a 1 year thing.  We're in a rebuild..

I have no real ideas what JDs plans are.   I'd be mildly surprised if we were in on Clowney but I can't definitively say we're out on him.   He's come from several places that highly value edge.   

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

2 things to point out with this.

1. I dont think any of us are screaming for a FA WR right now bc of the options out there. A mid late round pick for Cooks is the only thing I'm cheering for at this point.

2. Every team knows how good this WR class is and will try and take advantage of it. Therefor A LOT will get drafted and what and who we think will be available might be WAY off. I showed a mock from PFF a few weeks ago that had something like 12 WR taken before we picked at 48. CRAZY and not far fetched.

26 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I mean Yannick not Clowney. 

I doubt we're in on Yannick either.  Same principle as Clowney, plus at least a 3rd rounder makes me think he isn't in play for us.

EDGE is no doubt important to any GM, but I think we'll be attacking that need the same way we did with OL.

16 minutes ago, Kyu said:

I doubt we're in on Yannick either.  Same principle as Clowney, plus at least a 3rd rounder makes me think he isn't in play for us.

EDGE is no doubt important to any GM, but I think we'll be attacking that need the same way we did with OL.

But he's not even 25 yet.  If some makes sense to go after it's a guy that young and talented. 

• Like 3