2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

25 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

But he's not even 25 yet.  If some makes sense to go after it's a guy that young and talented. 

I agree, but the time for that move is not now.  I wouldn't hate the move, but I just don't see us giving up a 3rd or higher plus $18+mm a year for anything at this time.

Why though? Especially since it doesn’t seem like Joe D plans on spending this offseason. Not sure of the rational behind still having an $8M dead cap hit next season when the Jets will have to pay Jamal. Should have just eaten all of the dead money this year since there should be plenty of cap space left over.

Between that and Alex Lewis’ contract structure, I’m not sure why Joe D is pushing money back into next off-season. 

Edited by BlaZeN37

24 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Why though? Especially since it doesn’t seem like Joe D plans on spending this offseason. Not sure of the rational behind still having an $8M dead cap hit next season when the Jets will have to pay Jamal. Should have just eaten all of the dead money this year since there should be plenty of cap space left over.

Between that and Alex Lewis’ contract structure, I’m not sure why Joe D is pushing money back into next off-season. 

It'll basically pay for any in season moves needed this year.  

28 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I honestly wouldn't be against it even if we resigned Robby.

Me neither because they actually would complement each other well (Cooks as Z and Robby as X), but Jets need to take advantage of the cheap yet talented labor this draft class is about to bring us

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Me neither because they actually would complement each other well (Cooks as Z and Robby as X), but Jets need to take advantage of the cheap yet talented labor this draft class is about to bring us

I'd still draft another 1 or 2 it just wouldn't be as imperative for us to do it as early.