2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Of those teams Albright listed, the Jets make the most sense. The packers are tight against the cap and have 2 pass rushers already. The Seahawks could presumably trade for him instead of signing Clowney. I just see them signing clowney.

Id swap 1st and swap our early 3rd for their early 4th. I think that works for Jax. Puts his value near an early 2nd to late 1st. They have so many picks that moving up would be a good thing for them. 

From Albert Breer: 

• OT Trent Williams likely going to get traded closer to the draft. Still views Jets and Browns as logical fits. Bucs are a team to watch since they're outside looking in on tackles... Jason Peters is another player the Bucs will look into. 
  • Thinks Robby Anderson is going to end up coming back on a 1 year deal
  • Like 2

Also people are seriously overestimating the Bills. I live in buffalo and follow the team pretty closely and they really didn’t have any impressive wins last season. Go look at their schedule, they literally didn’t beat anyone and even we had them beat before Mosley went down week 1.

Edited by Greene N White

39 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We’re gonna need BIG contributions from our draft class this year, not saying it’s impossible but I have a hard time seeing us improving that much from last year with the moves we’ve made so far.

We’ll be improved solely from being healthy. Hopefully the injury bug doesn’t hit us where it hurts like last season. Avery’s injury was the start of a horrible domino. I think we even win game 1 if Avery is healthy and C.J. still gets hurt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

I don’t see how the team has gotten any worse. Plus another for our young quarterback to learn Gase’s system. 

Certainly haven’t, especially if we get Robby back. But still, the goal of every offseason should be to get better especially when you have a cheap QB and fairly cheap roster. 

The OL has improved with the addition of McGovern and expected development of Edoga. Fant’a floor is lower than Beachum, but we’re not done. TE will improve, RB is same, QB same (plus expected development) and WR should be improved. 

Again, my biggest complaint is EDGE. They had an opportunity to improve this unit dramatically and they haven’t been aggressive enough to do it. When you factor in need, poor draft class, requirement to use high picks on OL/WR, and the low salaries across the DL/EDGE, they had a terrific opportunity to add someone. Maybe they still get Clowney, just feel like they haven’t been aggressive enough on that front.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We’re gonna need BIG contributions from our draft class this year, not saying it’s impossible but I have a hard time seeing us improving that much from last year with the moves we’ve made so far.

Honestly, we probably lost our window to win on Darnold's rookie contract. We may have a chance next year. But if Darnold proves to be who we think he is, we are likely going to extend him after the season. 

At this point, I just want to see good drafting. 

• Like 1