2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

The Jets, Titans, and Seahawks have submitted offers to DE Jadeveon Clowney

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article241326776.html

I like our chances. I doubt he wants to play for Vrabel again where he didn’t really play to his strengths and Seattle clearly doesn’t value him as highly as he wants them to. GW will have some fun with Clowney, New York spotlight at a premium position. 

32 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I like our chances. I doubt he wants to play for Vrabel again where he didn’t really play to his strengths and Seattle clearly doesn’t value him as highly as he wants them to. GW will have some fun with Clowney, New York spotlight at a premium position. 

Yeah, I’ve been watching highlights and the flashy move is starting to consume me. Makes up for Anthony Barr’s spurning us last offseason & Clowney/CJ/Adams on each level can be the light version of Suggs/RayLewis/EdReed.

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

From Albert Breer: 

• OT Trent Williams likely going to get traded closer to the draft. Still views Jets and Browns as logical fits. Bucs are a team to watch since they're outside looking in on tackles... Jason Peters is another player the Bucs will look into. 
  • Thinks Robby Anderson is going to end up coming back on a 1 year deal

We ain't  getting Trent. 

We are still at limbo at the WR position.  Right now a lot of questions, is Anderson going or staying?  If we don't take one with our 11 overall pick we have to wait till the 48 pick, and by than all the top talent at WR will be gone. If we want Darnold to improve we must get him some first tier talent.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

We are still at limbo at the WR position.  Right now a lot of questions, is Anderson going or staying?  If we don't take one with our 11 overall pick we have to wait till the 48 pick, and by than all the top talent at WR will be gone. If we want Darnold to improve we must get him some first tier talent.

WR, Edge and CB are my three biggest worries. Due to the talent in the draft and JD tendencies so far (2 oline signed and 1 resigned) I’m not concerned about the o-line as much. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Plenty of WR talent will be there at 48.   For all of it to be gone by 48 more than half the picks would have to be WR.  

• Like 1

These offensive lineman and their “geography” is pretty wild this year. Jets were very much in on Stefen Wisniewski, but he’s from Pittsburgh and is like 3rd generation PSU football.  

Might be a sign of things to come with GVR. From Long Island, grew up a Jets fan. Has been talking to the Bills as well

• Like 1

I think if you give Clowney like a 2 year 35 mill he will sign with the Jets. He wants the most money he can get and ever mill counts. 

Give Robby a 1 year 12 mill.

Ron Leary 2 year 12 Mill

Xavier Rhodes 1 year 7 Mill

Cody Glenn 2 year 20 Mill

This would fill a lot of holes on the cheap side and leave some flexibility during the draft. If one of the LT is there at 11 take him or grab Jeudy or Lamb. 

14 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think if you give Clowney like a 2 year 35 mill he will sign with the Jets. He wants the most money he can get and ever mill counts. 

Give Robby a 1 year 12 mill.

Ron Leary 2 year 12 Mill

Xavier Rhodes 1 year 7 Mill

Cody Glenn 2 year 20 Mill

This would fill a lot of holes on the cheap side and leave some flexibility during the draft. If one of the LT is there at 11 take him or grab Jeudy or Lamb. 

Why would you give out those last 3 contracts and what has Douglas done so far to make you think he’d give out those last 3 contracts?

Remaining moves I would do now...

Robby Anderson: 1yr 10mill. Seems the market isnt there for him. I was always pro bringing him back at the right price to his skill set and production.

Prince Amukumara: 1yr 5.5mill. Vet outside CB for us thats playing at a lot higher level than that salary. Fimilar with NY with his time with the NYG.

Vinny Curry: Actually not a "big" fan of this... but it makes sense. I certainly wouldnt be upset about it though.

Jets swap 1st's with JAX and send a 2021 3rd as well for Yannick Ngoukue. We finally get our edge and he's young and hitting his prime.

Daryl Williams: bring him in for competiton and depth at OT. He's still only 27 and doesnt force us to take an OT if we dont like the OL board at 20 (still think we do go OT). If nothing else he's a backup for Edoga and Fant.

• Like 1