2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Plenty of WR talent will be there at 48.   For all of it to be gone by 48 more than half the picks would have to be WR.  

I am just talking about first tier WR;s, we gave up two second round picks to get Darnold and have done next to next to nothing to get him first class help. Sure we got Bell, but he was horrible last year avg 3.3 ypc. Crowder was a help but that it. This will be Darnold third season and it should be a break out season for him.

9 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Not a verified account but still so many contradicting reports. 

I think it’s somewhere in the middle- teams interested, many have said they’ve had preliminary talks, but my guess is it won’t come to a head until free agency clears up

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am just talking about first tier WR;s, we gave up two second round picks to get Darnold and have done next to next to nothing to get him first class help. Sure we got Bell, but he was horrible last year avg 3.3 ypc. Crowder was a help but that it. This will be Darnold third season and it should be a break out season for him.

The 2nd tier in this draft would be 1st tier in a lot of drafts.  There are going to be dinner really talented receivers at 48

Robby Anderson overvalued himself. 

Hes a solid WR but isn't this top 10 elite guy.  He has a place for sure, but we need another WR along with him because he disappears too much.

Jets still trying to add another interior OL. Lewis and Winters IMo are a garbage guard tandem, injury prone too so hopefully we can get someone. I'd have Greg Van Roten start over both of them. 

George Fant man Idk he'll probably be another Wayne Hunter situation and suck.

Hopefully we get a OT round 1 to be the stud on our OL. Only one I'm confident in is McGovern who rates as a pretty good center. 

But I'd love to sign PRince Amukamara, he'd be a nice stop gap at CB who isn't a complete liability. 

16 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I can’t see us being real contenders/offering huge money to a polarizing player like Clowney. Apparently JD sticks to what he thinks a player is worth, he hasn’t splurged on anyone yet. Seems contradictory to me, but we’ll see.

I think what needs to be said is that the league highly values him, just not at $20+ million a year he's expecting. As Connor Hughes pointed out, the Jets place a value on a player and stick to it, but doesn't mean he's unwilling to spend. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Jets have an offer out for $17 million per year on a 3 year deal. 

• Like 1

I don't think that Robby overvalued himself at all. In market without this draft class, he would definitely see $12M/year. Teams bet on young talent like him all the time.

With that said, the market IS what it is and the Jets should be thankful for that. I hope we resign him today.

• Like 2

This is boring, but this is needed. 

We still have some good names we could pull in via trade or free agency. 

I'm not sure If I'm not worried because I killed my expectations for next season or if I really feel this good about the offseason. lol 

Brandin Cooks makes a lot of sense, but if Yannick could be had for a 2nd, I'm pulling the trigger. We haven't resigned JJ and draft class doesn't look great to me for 34 OLBs. 

Just read a report that NO ONE is giving Robby an offer. They think he would be lick to land 11 mill a year. The jets are the only ones showing interest I him. I think we might get him for 7 or 8 mill. I think it will be a 1 year deal and Anderson going to try and ball out to go big next year. His window for a big contract is almost closing. Big contract I mean the 11-15 mill for 4 or 5 years.