2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Robby did play 3 games with Falk however Perriman was #3 behind two of the top 5 leading receivers in the league. 

Still need at least another receiver and hopefully the depth guys provide something for us but Gase can scheme guys open. Improved protection will be what elevates the offense. 

When Perriman put up the majority of those numbers in the last few weeks of the season, Evans and Godwin were out with injury

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Robby did play 3 games with Falk however Perriman was #3 behind two of the top 5 leading receivers in the league. 

Still need at least another receiver and hopefully the depth guys provide something for us but Gase can scheme guys open. Improved protection will be what elevates the offense. 

That 56% is incredibly misleading

Not to mention the Jameis effect

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

What ? I like Perriman but his limited "success" came in a season where Jameis Winston peppered the entire field an unsustainable amount of time

Demarcus Robinson is a JAG and nothing

I see Perriman as a lateral move for us.

And Robinson (KC) WR is still available and a burner.  I'd much rather throw the $8 at Perriman and nab Robinson for <$4.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I used Watkins and Alshon as contract examples because you brought up him getting paid. I can understand the concern about Williams' age. But for Cooks? I'm still down for trading for him. He's a young upgrade who fits the potential scheme and had one bad year out of the last 5. Pair him with Crowder A rookie WR, Bell, and Herndon/Griffin... Darnold will be in a great position. Even in a rebuild, getting someone his age helps because he can stay for years and helps Darnold develop. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.  Cooks and his concussion issues are too much for me to overlook.  Then you add in the compensation to the Rams and the money he's owed.  I wouldn't HATE it, depending on compensation, but I don't see LAR letting him go for cheap.

Believe me, I'm not saying run Darnold out there with kittens, but I like the approach we're taking.

Edited by Kyu

✌

Just now, Kyu said:

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.  Cooks and his concussion issues are too much for me to overlook.  Then you add in the compensation to the Rams and the money he's owed.  I wouldn't HATE it, depending on compensation, but I don't see LAR letting him go for cheap.

Believe me, I'm not saying run Darnold out there with kittens, but I like the approach we're taking.

I don't expect a big price tag because they made him available for trade after the type of season he had last year. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd pull the trigger for the right price. 

I like the patient approach, but I don't see trading for a 26-year-old good WR at this point setting anything back or not being patient with the options that are left on the table. Now that we signed Perriman so quickly, I have my doubts we're interested in picking up another vet unless they are released. 

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol My page keeps adding emojis and not letting me go back to edit them. 

Lol.  I like the it.

It's like God is telling us to relax, we'll be OK.

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't expect a big price tag because they made him available for trade after the type of season he had last year. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd pull the trigger for the right price. 

I like the patient approach, but I don't see trading for a 26-year-old good WR at this point setting anything back or not being patient with the options that are left on the table. Now that we signed Perriman so quickly, I have my doubts we're interested in picking up another vet unless they are released. 

I just don't see us giving up a 3rd for Cooks.  I like him, always have, but NO ONE is good to us if they're one shot away from being gone for a LONG time.

Plus with the craziness IRL, no physicals, no way to look at him ourselves, it just seems too risky for me.

Rams gave up a 1 for him, saw Hopkins get stolen for a 2, and Diggs for 1 plus.  If we could steal him, BoB style with a 5th or something, I'm in, but I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Lol.  I like the it.

It's like God is telling us to relax, we'll be OK.

I just don't see us giving up a 3rd for Cooks.  I like him, always have, but NO ONE is good to us if they're one shot away from being gone for a LONG time.

Plus with the craziness IRL, no physicals, no way to look at him ourselves, it just seems too risky for me.

Rams gave up a 1 for him, saw Hopkins get stolen for a 2, and Diggs for 1 plus.  If we could steal him, BoB style with a 5th or something, I'm in, but I don't see that happening.

lol I just don't want people thinking I'm going to the extra mile to be a smart a** over this basic topic. 

the good news is that players are still taking physicals. Cam just took one here in Atlanta set up by the panthers. 

I would do it for a 3rd if it's on the table because the odds are slim to find a 3rd round WR that can give you that production. So if the Doctors felt good + we can get him for a 3rd or later, I'm in. 

Good news is this draft is loaded with immediate impact WRs.  There is a good chance that a guy we draft in round 2 is just as good if not better then Robbie given the talent that is expect led to be there.

I think there is no doubt that we are double dipping on WRs now with two likely coming in the first 4 picks.

We'll be fine given the talent at RB, TE to complement Crowder and the rookies.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

Is the NFL WAR stat as prevalent as it is in baseball?

I never saw pro football as an analytic game because there were just too many variables.

It could be a measurement, but I don't really see it as a dominant statistic.

What would you guys think about this scenario: Wirfs, Wills, and Becton are gone by 11.  We do not get any reasonable value for a trade down.  The Jets at 11 select Chaisson  and address WR  at 48 (perhaps even trade up a bit in the 2nd round to get who we want). 

Personally, I would still want Thomas or trade down for Cleveland and get another 2nd. But I do not think this scenario is that far fetched. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

What would you guys think about this scenario: Wirfs, Wills, and Becton are gone by 11.  We do not get any reasonable value for a trade down.  The Jets at 11 select Chaisson  and address WR  at 48 (perhaps even trade up a bit in the 2nd round to get who we want). 

Personally, I would still want Thomas or trade down for Cleveland and get another 2nd. But I do not think this scenario is that far fetched. Thoughts?

Agreed in that scenario.

I lean towards nabbing Thomas.

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’d have to go to Costco the next day to replace my tv I broke when they’d announce Chaisson’s name is what I think.

• Like 4